British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

The PL relies on the EL riders AND the NL riders too.If none of them co-operated there wouldn't be any viable league. If there was one league it would still feature the best riders so EL is correct.

If they co-operated properly and ran the EL & PL on different nights from each other we wouldn't have a problem.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 3

I believe that the Premier League has priority unless the rider is an asset of the Elite League club he rides for. So when we ride against Ipswich on Good Friday, Jacobs and Blackbird should be riding in both matches for the Panthers but Ellis will ride for Lakeside.

But I could have it all wrong

That is correct. Worrall and Fisher will also miss at least one match.

If they co-operated properly and ran the EL & PL on different nights from each other we wouldn't have a problem.

Well said. We are ALL in this together!

Pantherman, I was told the Elite teams got preference, & thats why I asked Neil to clarify the situation.

EL get preference if the rider is an asset of an EL club, as it should be.

Panthers have been saved from extinction and you still get people moaning ! It must be in the Peterborough blood , beggers belief...

Everybody is pleased Panthers have been saved. Not everbody however is pleased we are in Premier League with little or no chance of getting into the higher eschelons again.

Everybody is pleased Panthers have been saved. Not everbody however is pleased we are in Premier League with little or no chance of getting into the higher eschelons again.

All I would say on behalf of clubs that are no longer operating is that my opinion is that you should cherish your clubs participation whatever the level but you can be a long time closed

• Like 1

So some would rather have no speedway? Funny lot. :unsure:

• Like 1

The PL relies on the EL riders AND the NL riders too.

If none of them co-operated there wouldn't be any viable league. If there was one league it would still feature the best riders so EL is correct.

After all the SKY MONEY the Elite League squandered at the expense of the rest of Speedway, including Development - I am really quite surprised that the Premier or National Leagues want to have anything to do with the Elite League mess.

After all the SKY MONEY the Elite League squandered at the expense of the rest of Speedway, including Development - I am really quite surprised that the Premier or National Leagues want to have anything to do with the Elite League mess.

The PL would struggle to run without using riders from the EL. Simples.

.............. only 14 according to SCB.

The Premier League would survive without them.

I notice that you never mention the squandered MONEY? :nono: :nono:

Has anybody said they would rather have no speedway?

No they haven't but the quick and easy way to not address your concerns is to remind you how lucky you are, which is true to a point but doesn't make you feel any better.

On a different tack, the asset system was the anti-christ & worthless last year but now it's a vital part of rules & regulations (well seemingly not ours in the PL funnily enough), funny old world innit?

I and others have said that we are glad Peterborough have been saved but we would prefer to be in Elite League or at least have a chance of getting back to the Elite. If you think that is moaning that is your prerogative. A more balanced view would call it an opinion.

.............. only 14 according to SCB.

The Premier League would survive without them.

I notice that you never mention the squandered MONEY? :nono: :nono:

Doubt it, they would struggle.

With regards the `squandered money` - if you have read other posts i have made about the state of British speedway and how it is run you will know exactly my feelings on that.

FWIW - if the PL had their own TV contract i reckon they would do exactly the same thing, So no, tne PL is not the golden way of doing things in the slightest.

No it wouldn't.

If the riders could ride only EL or PL most riders coming into the sport would sign for PL clubs.

• Like 6