British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Apparently if the rider is an asset of the EL club, the EL fixture takes priority, otherwise it is the PL fixture that takes priority (unless the PL fixture is a re-arranged fixture).

Therefore we could have a full team at Ipswich Good Friday (start 2.15pm). Coventry start 7.30pm so missing Fisher at Peterborough in the evening. We could have a guest but r/r is more likely I guess.

In total Fisher will miss at least 7 matches for Panthers:

April 11 Somerset away

April 18 Ipswich HOME

May 13 Plymouth away

May 26 Redcar away

May 27 Edinburgh away

August 8 Scunthorpe away

August 22 Plymouth away

Edited by Noodles

Panthers have been saved from extinction and you still get people moaning ! It must be in the Peterborough blood , beggers belief...

Yes - I have noticed that. As a Sunderland Speedway Supporter who has no Team to Support in my local City (and have not had for FORTY years) - I find it sad that a few folk are moaning about having their Speedway albeit at a different level. :sad: :sad:

I would settle for National League Speedway in my City as long as we had Speedway.

SOME FOLK DON'T KNOW WHEN THEY ARE WELL OFF!! :sad: :sad:

• Like 5

Apparently if the rider is an asset of the EL club, the EL fixture takes priority, otherwise it is the PL fixture that takes priority (unless the PL fixture is a re-arranged fixture).

Think its the fairest way of doing things.

Surely the rider who belongs to a club gets priority, doesn't matter which league it is!

Therefore we could have a full team at Ipswich Good Friday (start 2.15pm). Coventry start 7.30pm so missing Fisher at Peterborough in the evening. We could have a guest but r/r is more likely I guess.

In total Fisher will miss at least 7 matches for Panthers:

April 11 Somerset away

April 18 Ipswich HOME

May 13 Plymouth away

May 26 Redcaer away

May 27 Edinburgh away

August 8 Scunthorpe away

August 22 Plymouth away

So I thought PL was all about racing with your full team every week ?

Was always a poor move using Fisher as he had already signed for the Bees .

Guess the PL is very similar in terms as riders unavailable to the EL

I would personally get rid of Fisher as we need Somebody who is COMMITTED!

My list of potential number 1's

1. Liglad (Reshuffle of side needed)

2. Tomas H Jonasson (Unlikely)

3. Krzystof Buczkowski (Reshuffle needed)

4. Jurica Pavlic (UK experience and would fit in nicely)

How can the fans make a emotional connection with the side if riders are missing for most of the time and in particular the star number 1 rider?

Also... Why is Sullivan not involved with the side? I know Ryan and he would walk over broken burning glass bare footed to ride for the Panthers and we need him involved in the team management side.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

I would personally get rid of Fisher as we need Somebody who is COMMITTED!

My list of potential number 1's

1. Liglad (Reshuffle of side needed)

2. Tomas H Jonasson (Unlikely)

3. Krzystof Buczkowski (Reshuffle needed)

4. Jurica Pavlic (UK experience and would fit in nicely)

How can the fans make a emotional connection with the side if riders are missing for most of the time and in particular the star number 1 rider?

Also... Why is Sullivan not involved with the side? I know Ryan and he would walk over broken burning glass bare footed to ride for the Panthers and we need him involved in the team management side.

Can you do us a favour and keep your uninformed comments to yourself, who are you to say Fisher is not committed. FFS

• Like 3

Do you know him know him or do you stalk him know him like everyone else?

• Like 1