British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Both in Poland and Denmark youngsters get time on track that we can't get in this country. The more track time a kid gets he improves faster. Remember the saying "practice makes perfect". Works with most things BTW.

You're talking about British mentality kids here who think they've made it when they get a van with their name on the side, and extra practice would only take up valuable drinking time and talking to girls. Practice does not make perfect if they haven't got the real talent in the first place. Is the objective a WTC squad or EL full of British 6 pointers?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

Crump 99, you assume wrong. Started at Lynn in 68, although some would say I don't look old enough LOL.

ok :)

I would say that they know what forums are like and those that use them are only a small minority of their crowd anyway so why anyone gets worked up I don't know.. They quote the good, don't read the negative or dislike what they do become aware of all in equal measure when it suits - that's the internet for ya ;)

Klindt a possibility?

Jeez I hope not, next step a Bager or Dryml.

New rider tomorrow but I think you might have read it wrong for boxing day

Yes see your point the Boxing day paper interview must be from the Xmas Eve signing.

Plummer says not North or Birks but of course he could be winding people up.

Yes see your point the Boxing day paper interview must be from the Xmas Eve signing.

Plummer says not North or Birks but of course he could be winding people up.

Doh having a mare he said no North or Nick Morris he did not comment on Birks.

Having been away some time minus a lap-top and not bothering with internet cafes, I haven't read every thread on this forum so, instead of shouting reserves won't ride against the top guys how about saying 'this won't happen because this IS happening' rather then 'it won't happen because this ISN'T happening'. Reserves have taken the rides of injured riders in the past so presumably this is no longer the case and an alternative rule has come in to cover R/R for the third fourth and fifth average riders.

To be fair to Tsunami - this has been mentioned many times on the Forum. It does get exasperating when folk say the same things over and over.

• Like 1

To be fair to Tsunami - this has been mentioned many times on the Forum. It does get exasperating when folk say the same things over and over.

OK, so it's been said that reserves won't ride against the top liners. Has it been said R/R and replacing injured riders rules have changed (which they must have done to stop #6 and #7 riders facing #1s). If so, apologies, but I haven't found it yet and I'd be grateful for a link please.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1

I'm considering buying a season ticket, but know that I will be away with my son over easter. With a good chance that we will race on good friday, would I be able to lend my season ticket to a friend ?

Technically no and I see that the Coventry ones have photo id so that would scupper it. If we're going down that route again then I'll give it a miss and pay as and when. The credit card style ST was progress and worked fine!

Edited by Crump99

I think any Panthers fans unhappy with the prospect of PL speedway may be pleasantly suprised if they go with an open mind and give it a chance.

From my experience with Lynn over the last ten years or so the racing probably is'nt quite as good in home meetings compared to EL and there will be one or two away riders who turn up unwilling/unable to ride the track but you'll get a bit more variety in terms of opposition and your riders will tend to be a bit more supporter friendly and more interactive.

The basis is there for a decent side which will help no end, hopefully the crowds will be healthy and the venture proves to be a success.

• Like 2

Lets support the new management, & enjoy the fact we have still got speedway at the Showground. The reason we are in this mess is because we didn't have enough people through the turnstiles over the last few seasons. Mick Horton must wonder why he bothered if he reads this forum.

I don't think it will bother him after two years of continual moaning and whingeing from some Coventry fans. :D

• Like 1

I think any Panthers fans unhappy with the prospect of PL speedway may be pleasantly suprised if they go with an open mind and give it a chance.

From my experience with Lynn over the last ten years or so the racing probably is'nt quite as good in home meetings compared to EL and there will be one or two away riders who turn up unwilling/unable to ride the track but you'll get a bit more variety in terms of opposition and your riders will tend to be a bit more supporter friendly and more interactive.

The basis is there for a decent side which will help no end, hopefully the crowds will be healthy and the venture proves to be a success.

With respect we've been there, done it and know how it works. The prospect isn't so much of an issue, rather the how and why although the majority will take what's on offer regardless.