British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

I find it almost obseen the hights of fervour that some are experiencing regarding Panther demotion.

Why? What can anyone do about it? I'm not happy about it but will give it a go. History tells us the likely outcome. The power you have is don't go if it's such a problem

Why? What can anyone do about it? I'm not happy about it but will give it a go. History tells us the likely outcome. The power you have is don't go if it's such a problem

The fact that we are still running is the most enthusiastic I can be!!!

You need to let it go mate and just embrace it because it is what it is....the new Elite league format is a joke..and that league is corrupt anyway..surely you saw that last year? Im dissapointed that we wont see the top riders also but I am looking forward to seeing some different opposition..and who knows what may happen in a year..we may be back, they may restructure the leagues after they see what a balls up they made of it this year...I mean come on whats a national league rider gonna do against No1 Elite league riders?!

• Like 3

Race-day is dictated by Showground availability, and end-of-week days are always going to be awkward to ensure continuity. Tuesday racing would give continuity - the holy grail as far as we are concerned.

would love to know whos bright idea it is to run on a Tuesday? i went to all but two home meetings last year and crowds seemed alot better on a friday than any other day? (bank holidays not included) you say continuity is the holy grail, i totally agree with you but just cant see it working on a tuesday. Its hard to get weekly racing with our british weather :P surely more away fans would travel on afriday also?

You need to let it go mate and just embrace it because it is what it is....the new Elite league format is a joke..and that league is corrupt anyway..surely you saw that last year? Im dissapointed that we wont see the top riders also but I am looking forward to seeing some different opposition..and who knows what may happen in a year..we may be back, they may restructure the leagues after they see what a balls up they made of it this year...I mean come on whats a national league rider gonna do against No1 Elite league riders?!

Nothing, cos he isn't. Do you ever read things.

• Like 1

Nothing, cos he isn't. Do you ever read things.

Agreed Dave - the Reserves will not meet the Number One.

It does not though invalidate posh panthers assertion that the Elite League will be a joke this Season and is, to put it mildly, a bit dodgy (Del Boy isn't a Promoter is he?) - it certainly doesn't look good on the face of it.

We shall, of course, see.

Agreed Dave - the Reserves will not meet the Number One.

It does not though invalidate posh panthers assertion that the Elite League will be a joke this Season and is, to put it mildly, a bit dodgy (Del Boy isn't a Promoter is he?) - it certainly doesn't look good on the face of it.

We shall, of course, see.

I wouldn't really respect anybodies opinion on a new format, when he clearly has not read the rules of such a format. Some moan for the sake of it, without an alternative to the original problems that it is trying to solve, and he then thinks that everything is corrupt.

Waste of time reading his posts.

• Like 1

Have to admit I originally thought the idea behind the EL format was bonkers.

It might just work, though, and if it does it will hopefully bring some Brits through at an accelerated pace.

If not, it could spell the end of EL.

PL looks strong as ever, and personally I think it has been a very strong product for a good few seasons now.

• Like 1

Have to admit I originally thought the idea behind the EL format was bonkers.

It might just work, though, and if it does it will hopefully bring some Brits through at an accelerated pace.

If not, it could spell the end of EL.

PL looks strong as ever, and personally I think it has been a very strong product for a good few seasons now.

Trouble is the Young Brits are just going be be racing each other most of the time with an odd against an EL. Second string.I fail to see a big advantage for these riders

Trouble is the Young Brits are just going be be racing each other most of the time with an odd against an EL. Second string.I fail to see a big advantage for these riders

If nothing else they are getting more rides in. Being in the presence of top riders, seeing how they perform and being given advice should accelerate their progress. The more a rider rides, he has more opportunities to improve. Doesn't work with everyone, but it usually works.

• Like 2

If nothing else they are getting more rides in. Being in the presence of top riders, seeing how they perform and being given advice should accelerate their progress. The more a rider rides, he has more opportunities to improve. Doesn't work with everyone, but it usually works.

And what examples of this usually working would you put forward?

• Like 1

I think a similar youth development scheme might work in the premier league but not in the elite league. Its just a recipe for some boring races. Darcy ward versus josh bates, edge of your seat stuff. Some of the riders are not even good enough for the PL never mind the EL. I imagine the race format will be similar to Sweden where there are 2 reserves races.

Edited by eric i
  • Like 1

I think a similar youth development scheme might work in the premier league but not in the elite league. Its just a recipe for some boring races. Darcy ward versus josh bates, edge of your seat stuff. Some of the riders are not even good enough for the PL never mind the EL. I imagine the race format will be similar to Sweden where there are 2 reserves races.

Quite. They'll race each other, something like heat 2, heat 8 and heat 12 with races in other heats when necessary. Sort of Elite 'development' heats but with the points counting towards an Elite League match. They'll get extra rides, of course, when needed in usual reserve fashion then we'll get the farce you talk about - Darcy Ward v Josh Bates. Course, the occasions of an EL heat leader v NL rider could be reduced if they adopt the sensible move of replacing a rider injured in an incident for which an opponent is discluded by another top-five rider as per R/R.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1