British Speedway Forum

Steve Dixon Injured

It seems Speedway photographer Steve Dixon was injured today while taking photos at a motocross event.

Details are sketchy at the moment but it appears Steve is in Coventry hospital under going surgery.

My very best wishes go to Steve for a quick and full recovery.

• Like 3

Sad to hear that Matt, hope Steve makes a quick and full recovery

Let's hope that when full details emerge Steve's injuries turn out to be minor rather than major. My thoughts are with him.

It seems Speedway photographer Steve Dixon was injured today while taking photos at a motocross event.

Details are sketchy at the moment but it appears Steve is in Coventry hospital under going surgery.

My very best wishes go to Steve for a quick and full recovery.

Best wished to Steve. Definitely not nice to hear and hope the lad makes a full recovery.

My best wishes to Steve Dixon. Years ago when I used to take speedway photos at Wimbledon I was always rather concerned at the risk and as a guideline used to operate from just behind the great cameraman Alf Weedon. His technique was superb and he knew just where to place himself on the centre green's inner edge. Mike Patrick was another who was an expert at positioning himself when working.

More importantly, let's hope for some good news in regard to Steve Dixon's accident.

Nasty injuries by all accounts. He had a 5 hour operation at Coventry & Warwickshire Hospital. He suffered a broken jaw in several places, fractures of his leg and arm plus damage to the shoulder. He will be having further surgery this week to his patella and cheek bone.

He faces a lengthy rehabilitation process and first indications is that he will be out of action for six months.

I think we underestimate the dangers these guys face doing their job.

Steve, we are all thinking of you and hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

• Like 6