British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffinden Versus Range Rover Sport (autocar)

JT

Not sure if anyone has posted a link to this yet, but exciting to see Tai on the front page of Autocar online. Tai versus RR Sport video here;

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/video-range-rover-sport-vs-speedway-world-champion

JT.

Good publicity, and a very professional performance from the World Champion. Pleased he is using or being used to such good affect.

All good publicity but I dont think Tai comes over very well and to be frank he looks a mess with all those tattoos and his ear things.

I am a 57 year old Wolves supporter and I think he looks awful with all the tattoos and earings etc, but as long as he appeals to the younger generation and gets them through the turnstiles does it really matter.

• Like 1

All good publicity but I dont think Tai comes over very well and to be frank he looks a mess with all those tattoos and his ear things.

Agreed, I think he looks a mess but at 29 I appear to be old before my time. The few people I have asked say he looks cool, in fact my 24 year old sister often asks how he's doing and her boyfriend thinks he "kool" or whatever the cool word for cool is these days.

He's certainly got the sport noticed far more in the last few months than anyone or anything had in the last 10-15 years!

Saw a picture of him the other day and with all the tats around his neck it makes him look like it has disappeared. Makes him look like a very small gremlin.

I bet his old man would kick his butt from here to next week if that was possible.

What ever came over him if he liked art work so much he should have saved it for his van or bike.

For all the tats he still does speedway in this country a world of good. We need more riders like him to make British speedway a thing to look up to again

• Like 1

It would have been interesting to see Tai Woffinden against one of these Argentina midget car drivers. Somewhere in the race by the way is Carlos Villar whose speedway career at Berwick was ended after a serious spine injury. It's hard to see on the video but Carlos Villar races a red car No.117.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay6b6l9LSAM&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Guest