British Speedway Forum

Sky Sports New Deal

Speedway Star is £2.90, some say it's expensive. Depends what people want to spend money on but compare it to the price of a pint, I know which lasts longer and I don't mean drinking time.

Agree it's still good value. If you get it every week a subscription works out much cheaper. Before anyone asks no I'm not on commission

Edited by Hodgy

Agree it's still good value. If you get it every week a subscription works out much cheaper. Before anyone asks no I'm not on commission

Even better value if you go into Tesco, grab one off the shelf. Nip up to Costa for a latte, have a read and whack it back on the shelf on the way out.

• Like 4

No it's not for me. I still like flicking through the magazine.

I used to prefer a magazine but now I use my iPad for certain publications I do like it.

I have used it from day one, I like it, it's easy to navigate and read and you can go back a few previous issues if you want. I use it on my PC though and haven't tried it on anything else.

Thank you. Are there any features in the on-line version that you don't get in the magazine?

My Star is on subscription, but since the magazine aisle is the last one I have to walk down to get to the tills in the supermarket, I always have a look at the Star, and if there's more than one left, I pick one up, pretend to have a read, and then put it back in the next place, doubling the Star's advertising space on the shelves :lol:

Got to do your bit to promote the sport haven't you?

• Like 4

FOR what it's worth, just been told SKY should confirm by Wednesday 18th and will have some VT features appearing on their Sky Sports News Channel- not sure if Flagrag can confirm, but this fits in with Phil's earlier comment too about being before Christmas. Also, Flagrag - is there any end of season review planned? :)

FOR what it's worth, just been told SKY should confirm by Wednesday 18th and will have some VT features appearing on their Sky Sports News Channel- not sure if Flagrag can confirm, but this fits in with Phil's earlier comment too about being before Christmas. Also, Flagrag - is there any end of season review planned? :)

One would have thought that if the decision to proceed with the deal is quite a fresh one, little consideration would have been given to the need for a highlights show, with the possibility of not even covering it next year. It would have been an anathema to build the sport up during a highlights show, but to end the proggie with "but we are covering next year folks."

I used to prefer a magazine but now I use my iPad for certain publications I do like it.

Thank you. Are there any features in the on-line version that you don't get in the magazine?

Not that I know of, but Philip did say there might be a few late notifications which were too late for the printed version.
  • Like 1

One would have thought that if the decision to proceed with the deal is quite a fresh one, little consideration would have been given to the need for a highlights show, with the possibility of not even covering it next year. It would have been an anathema to build the sport up during a highlights show, but to end the proggie with "but we are covering next year folks."

Talking of highlights Eurosport are showing the GP's through this month APPROVE :)

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

Well it is Wednesday 18th Dec and I cannot see any news about this yet, stillI suppose there is still time today

Do not think they are helping themselves. I phoned Sky to cancel the sports package some time ago, partly because it seemed at the time speedway would be dropped. If they are covering why not announce it and try not to lose more customers.

Only an idiot would buy Sky just for speedway. Plus, I doubt sky are losing any sleep because a few hundred speedway fans are dropping it.