British Speedway Forum

Sky Sports New Deal

Well you should know by now Phil, there are certain people around who just can't keep there gobs shut..

SKY'S plan to make the announcement with 'a bit of a do' was scuppered by the premature leaking of the new deal and I believe they were not best pleased by that but expect confirmation before Christmas.

And these so called promoters are people some people get offended if you describe them as idiots :rofl:

SKY should have dumped the sport and offered the chance to underwater chess.

Edited by pandorum

AND how would that help?

It wouldn't as I am clearly taking the p#ss and being sarcastic.

God with a humourless bloke like you in charge no wonder SS can't even sell ONE of the 4 copies on display in my local ASDA :).

(I have never bought it BTW as I much preferred the Mail but I give it a glance when I do my shopping.)

Edited by pandorum

God with a humourless bloke like you in charge no wonder SS can't even sell ONE of the 4 copies on display in my local ASDA :).

(I have never bought it BTW as I much preferred the Mail but I give it a glance when I do my shopping.)

That was a bit uncalled for, wasn't it?

• Like 7

SKY'S plan to make the announcement with 'a bit of a do' was scuppered by the premature leaking of the new deal and I believe they were not best pleased by that but expect confirmation before Christmas.

What did they expect in the age of modern telecommunications? It would only take one promoter to mention it to his mate, and it'll be around the Internet before you know it.

• Like 1

Dont like the Speedway Star or the man keeping it on the shelves for those that do, to tight to buy one but at the same time likes a free read (and leave a well thumbed copy for those that do want one) just incase there is something interesting in it. ????? You just cant please everyone. :lol:

Edited by tonyd
  • Like 1

Avid SS readers generally order their copy as newsagents and supermarkets are too hit and miss. You cannot rely on getting a weekly copy, whereas by ordering it drops through the letterbox every Thurs (barring the odd postal glitch). Remind me, when did the mail go out of circ?

Avid SS readers generally order their copy as newsagents and supermarkets are too hit and miss. You cannot rely on getting a weekly copy, whereas by ordering it drops through the letterbox every Thurs (barring the odd postal glitch). Remind me, when did the mail go out of circ?

My Sainsburys always has a copy or two - EVERY week.

Sainsburys!! Sainsburys!! :shock: Your moving in loftier circles these days, mate.

:rofl: :rofl:

No - I go to Aldi for my Home Shopping then to Sainsburys for the odds and ends I can't get at Aldi. :t:

My Sainsburys always has a copy or two - EVERY week.

Mine doesn't always have any left so can't guarantee availability. Ordering ensures my copy every week and I don't need to go and hunt one down. Guess it's what suits the individual. Still can't find the Speedway Mail anywhere

Mine doesn't always have any left so can't guarantee availability. Ordering ensures my copy every week and I don't need to go and hunt one down. Guess it's what suits the individual. Still can't find the Speedway Mail anywhere

SADLY - neither can I. A sad loss to our Sport - I used to love it. :t::approve: :approve:

Dont like the Speedway Star or the man keeping it on the shelves for those that do, to tight to buy one but at the same time likes a free read (and leave a well thumbed copy for those that do want one) just incase there is something interesting in it. ????? You just cant please everyone. :lol:

Yes, and this is the **** that loves his speedway and thinks he knows how it should be improved, and slags anything and everyone off who is involved with it. Just the sort of 'fan' we could afford to lose. Yet he would expect you to listen to , or read his rants. Consistant mind, he has the same style and obnoxious tendencies on every subjects, try reading him in General Discussions. Second thoughts, don't.

Sorry for taking it off-topic but I am going to try the on-line version of the SS in the New Year so I can read it anywhere on my iPad. Anyone tried it out yet?

I have used it from day one, I like it, it's easy to navigate and read and you can go back a few previous issues if you want. I use it on my PC though and haven't tried it on anything else.
  • Like 1