British Speedway Forum

Sky Sports New Deal

Oh dear British Speedway promotors drop themselves in it again and annoy their broadcast partner just days after agreeing a new deal. I can tell you this slip up has not gone down well at Sky sports as they were not ready to announce the deal today as wanted to produce proper press releases and create some spin. The plan was to feature the deal on Sky sports news and a couple of rider interviews likely to have been Woofy and Nicholls. Nevermind it's done now

To be honest it should have been announced by the BSPA or Sky, also if Ford wished to tell his contact at the Echo he should have ensured the source keept it under his hat until the announcement was made, then it could have been a ncie interview with Ford saying how brilliant everything is.

To be honest, i don't think Matt should be telling any Echo reporter anything, untill such time as he wants it to be released by the Echo, not splashed all over Twitter. If i told a reporter something in confidence and he plastered it all over Twitter i'd be none to pleased either..

Edited by Starman2006

To be honest, i don't think Matt should be telling any Echo reporter anything, untill such time as he wants it to be released by the Echo, not splashed all over Twitter. If i told a reporter something in confidence and he plastered it all over Twitter i'd be none to pleased either..

Agreed. Glad you recognise this wasn't right.

I'm very interested in Skidder1's response. He thinks ford was right in what he did. Ford you could argue suffered from misjudgement and being let down.

Skidder1 though. Seems incapable of recognising any mistakes at Poole. So will we see this time if he will accept that he was wrong?

So what if matt or someone else leaked it. Sky are getting to film the speedway and show it live for nothing, They've struck a good deal for themselve, so tough if they've missed the tapes with anouncing it.

If we wait for the BSPA to find a sponsor it will be 2015 so Matt has got the ball rolling. I'm sure if it was his show he would have a sponsor lined up already.

So what if matt or someone else leaked it. Sky are getting to film the speedway and show it live for nothing, They've struck a good deal for themselve, so tough if they've missed the tapes with anouncing it.

If we wait for the BSPA to find a sponsor it will be 2015 so Matt has got the ball rolling. I'm sure if it was his show he would have a sponsor lined up already.

Of course he would and when rain threatened a meeting one wave of his mighty hand and the clouds would part and glory would shine all around, injured riders would be touched and told "Pick up thy bike and ride on for your injuries are cured my son" And the speedway world would stand in awe at his mighty benevolence.

• Like 1

if sky are not paying for the rights i would far rather it go to eurosport as it would be available to a larger audiance and i think there gp production from 2013 was far better than skys in previous years

OMG

if sky are not paying for the rights i would far rather it go to eurosport as it would be available to a larger audiance and i think there gp production from 2013 was far better than skys in previous years

Isn't the problem with that the fact that Eurosport do not film/produce the footage they show? AFAIK it costs Sky £tens of thousands for each match they show. If Eurosport took the league contract too, who would film it and how would it be funded?
  • Like 2