British Speedway Forum

Havvy's Farewell - Poole Speedway - Friday 21st March 2014

I have the perfect solution-move Gary`s meeting to Thursday 20th March-no other meetings in Uk on that date-Poole stadium available-Sorted.

Yes well researched R&R!! Just think what might happen if any riders pick up a slight 'injury' or 'tweak' on the 20th - you know just enough to rule them out on Friday 21st!! :D

Waits for further news with bated breath....

It is still a BSPA shared event which means certain riders will be contracted to ride in it. same as the fours or the pairs. those outside the elite league will not be obliged to ride as the rest is invitation only. can only see this affecting Ward realy

They aren't contracted, it's an open meeting.

Yes well researched R&R!! Just think what might happen if any riders pick up a slight 'injury' or 'tweak' on the 20th - you know just enough to rule them out on Friday 21st!! :D

Waits for further news with bated breath....

Then they will lose a pay-day and a chance to get fit/practice before the GP`s/leagues start.

Except that he has friends, riders and sponsors, some of whom have arranged time from other things to come from all over the world.

So they are all just coming in on the Friday are they ?? God forbid any delays then !!!

Dont think people are begrudging him a meeting

Read the thread mate because people here are doing just that sadly.

Shows how far the sport has fallen.

Hell I 'hated' Jack Millen but if he had lived to have gotten a testimonial I would likely have gone and actually clapped the old bugger because he made the sport enjoyable with his pantomome villain persona.

• Like 3

They aren't contracted, it's an open meeting.

Not an open meeting to the elite league riders only those like Holder who are not under the ruling of the BSPA. Think you will find riders like Tai, Iversen and Ward will be under contract as part of riding in the elite league to ride in the BSPA shared events fitness permitting

I have the perfect solution-move Gary`s meeting to Thursday 20th March-no other meetings in Uk on that date-Poole stadium available-Sorted.

What about the people who have hotels booked, coaches booked, time off work booked to celebrate Havvys magnificent career!!
  • Like 3

What about the people who have hotels booked, coaches booked, time off work booked to celebrate Havvys magnificent career!!

already celebrated his career at his testimonial, how much money does he need to sponge off fans !

• Like 5

Hope the BSPA are monitoring Twitter as there's an overwhelming amount of support for Havvy on there and not much sympathy with the BSPA.

As for John Cooks excellent piece of buck passing in the Echo today, less said the better. It won't wash John, you and your committee need to grow a pair! Smacks of "its not our fault the bigger boys made us do it." Pathetic response from those who are supposed to be governing our sport!

I know where my cash will be going on the 21st and it won't be anywhere near the BSPA coffers.

• Like 6

I'm sure the BSPA will have an eye on twitter ...

When you go to a shared event where do you actually think your money goes ?? It doesn't line the pocket of the BSPA , all profit from these (shared events) go to a pot and are divided between all clubs so the more fans that turn up to these events the better..

Living in Scotland I have/had no intentions of travelling to Poole for this match, if it had been at Redcar then maybe get more of surrounding tracks going.

What would happen if Poland arranged a match on the same day as havvys .... Top money paid as always , would there be such a hostility towards Poland ??? I doubt it.

From what I've heard this season there is about 18 testimonials doesn't that mean they all get there own race day with no other matches been allowed to race ??

• Like 7

When you go to a shared event where do you actually think your money goes ?? It doesn't line the pocket of the BSPA , all profit from these (shared events) go to a pot and are divided between all clubs so the more fans that turn up to these events the better..

Living in Scotland I have/had no intentions of travelling to Poole for this match, if it had been at Redcar then maybe get more of surrounding tracks going.

What would happen if Poland arranged a match on the same day as havvys .... Top money paid as always , would there be such a hostility towards Poland ??? I doubt it.

From what I've heard this season there is about 18 testimonials doesn't that mean they all get there own race day with no other matches been allowed to race ??

You HAVE the Force................................................................................................................................

No, but he had a number of GP riders lined up, the concern is that they will be in some way persuaded to be at Coventry. Anyway Chris Holder has made clear his intention to be at Poole and some others seem to be of the same mind, unless they are threatened with fines or suspensions (for those who will be riding here anyway).

No, but he had a number of GP riders lined up, the concern is that they will be in some way persuaded to be at Coventry. Anyway Chris Holder has made clear his intention to be at Poole and some others seem to be of the same mind, unless they are threatened with fines or suspensions (for those who will be riding here anyway).

Thast fine that some riders want to ride at havvys match, if they don't want to ride at the Erc then so be it, I guess then it will show where there loyalties lie....

I'm sure there will be enough riders at the start of the season for both matches .

• Like 1

Kings Lynn will need guests for NKI and Bjerre as they are both booked for the Morten Risager testimonial on the 22nd!

Pre booked date - cant possibly be changed!

• Like 2

So let me get this straight...when there is a new TV deal to be announced, twice in their press release do the BSPA take all the credit for the deal for themselves, with big man Alex Harkess mentioned in despatches. HOWEVER, when something goes pear shaped, the organ grinder is nowhere to be seen, leaving the monkey in charge, who in turn passes all the blame onto GoSpeed (and by inference - Terry Russell) - who got none of the credit for the new Sky deal.

What a shambolic dishonourable shower that this sport has in charge of it.

I hope that Speedway Star investigate this matter thoroughly, and report the in depth facts for all speedway fans to read about. Recycling the press releases just won't work in this instance.

Oh, and respect to Neil Middleditch for his comments - http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/10980390.Speedway__Middleditch_blasts__disgraceful__ousting_of_Havelock_s_night/

• Like 2

So now that info from Poland is mentioning that the meeting originally scheduled for Peterborough is now being held at KL on the week end of 22,23 March, is this also part of the reason for the change of date for this meeting, which now clashes with the one for Havvy at Poole on 21st, or was it just sky wanting to show it on the fri.

Reported that SKY tv will be at the meeting on the sunday, the saturday is for a 4TT qualifying meeting. So thats the real reason for the date change then! :neutral::shock:

Reasons for the change in schedule explained a bit. So not only Havvy gets mucked about but so does Morton Risager on the Sat.

Edited by A ORLOV