British Speedway Forum

Havvy's Farewell - Poole Speedway - Friday 21st March 2014

Good Morning Everyone

Delighted to report Blue Sky and Sunshine over Poole this morning!

Fingers crossed for a great day and evening...

DOORS OPEN at 6pm and there will be an autograph signing session with Havvy, Mark and Tony in the glass Grandsatnd from 6.00pm - 6.30pm

Really looking forward to it now.... tell your friends and hope to see you there!!

MMX

Edited by MMX Events
  • Like 1

not to put a downer on things but just seen the weather for tonight aorund Poole. Rain for about 8pm. Do you think they might start a bit early becuase of this.

They will not start it earlier. That's for sure. But they will start it bang on time if there is a threat of rain

There must be a Poole fan going who's able to text the results for those who couldn't go tonight. Not that I'm interested (my reasons were discussed earlier on in the thread) but am I right in thinking this isn't the first time you've struggled to get a texter from Poole. Maybe it's cos they want there twitter feed to be trending.

• Like 1

There must be a Poole fan going who's able to text the results for those who couldn't go tonight. Not that I'm interested (my reasons were discussed earlier on in the thread) but am I right in thinking this isn't the first time you've struggled to get a texter from Poole. Maybe it's cos they want there twitter feed to be trending.

Their twitter feed isn't doing them either. It seems.

Just got back and first of all, well done to the riders for continuing the meeting in conditions that would have virtually guaranteed a league meeting to be called off. Rain started at heat two, stopped for a few heats then returned with a vengeance to deluge the track. After a 15 meeting break the meeting continued in very tricky conditions which made racing almost impossible but the riders were determined to put on a show.

A very big crowd attended with fans from all over the country. I saw many Redcar fans, some Newcastle jackets plus other clubs. Very strange to see no Coventry fans there. Didn't see a single Coventry jacket.

Havvy was blown away by the reception from the Poole faithful. Great to see Trick and Loramski posinmg for photos and signing hundreds of autographs.

Riders worth a special mention were Worral, who battled well enough to actually make the Grand Final, and with it a great prize of a new Exhaust, and Cook, who rolled every heat he was in and finally came a cropper by going through the tapes and bringing down one of the starting gate posts!

Pirate fans will be thrilled with the first proper showing of young Millik. Very fast, very stylish and Matt has unearthed another very bright talent. Wont take him long to rattle in some very big scores for Poole at Wimborne Road.

• Like 2

Now I don't know who it was because I don't follow a programme. The guy I was most impressed with tonight was one of Neil Vatchers youngsters. One of them fell just after entering the 1st bend. It was a oh $hit moment as it was nailed on that the lad behind him was going to hit him big time. The lad behind had other ideas though and laid his bike down in lightning quick time, much respect for someone so young.

• Like 4

Just got back and first of all, well done to the riders for continuing the meeting in conditions that

A very big crowd attended with fans from all over the country. I saw many Redcar fans, some Newcastle jackets plus other clubs. Very strange to see no Coventry fans there. Didn't see a single Coventry jacket

Why would coventry fans go to say farewell to a man they are going to see every week. It's not like he has retired from the sport all together

• Like 2