British Speedway Forum

Havvy's Farewell - Poole Speedway - Friday 21st March 2014

Are you for real?

Sky want to broadcast the meeting on that particular date, the BSPA would be crazy to say no. We had plenty complaining that Sky didnt show the event in the past, I wonder what fans, riders and sponsors wouldve said had the BSPA turned down Sky showing it.

Its unfortunate but I dont see how both meetings cant be successful.

• Like 1

Sky want to broadcast the meeting on that particular date, the BSPA would be crazy to say no. We had plenty complaining that Sky didnt show the event in the past, I wonder what fans, riders and sponsors wouldve said had the BSPA turned down Sky showing it.

Its unfortunate but I dont see how both meetings cant be successful.

I'm referring to the fact of the quote it mainly being Poole fans

An out and out racer fully commited when asked to ride for his country but once again the powers that be don,t give a toss about anything that gets in their way of making a quick buck. Thoroughly unproffessional decision this meeting should be rearranged to a later date with or without SKY money Once again BSPA are a laughing stock ???

It would be though, its at Poole on a friday night. Many are not in a position to travel there for that time, me included.

Many are though and now have too choose between the 2 meetings. Personally I think this sucks and the BSPA should have grown pair for once and told Sky to pick another night as we are honouring one of our few world champions.

But then why would the BSPA care after all they aren't earning from Havvys Farewell. Says a lot about the character of those who are running our sport. Personally I hope it's raining down all day in Coventry on the 21st.

• Like 4

He should be grateful he has a meeting and has sufficient time to change the date anyway.

It could easily be rained off and Matt Ford is professional enough to have a re-staging date surely?

Edited by remembertheracers

He should be grateful he has a meeting and has sufficient time to change the date anyway.

It could easily be rained off and Matt Ford is professional enough to have a re-staging date surely?

True.......... But.....

A meeting he and his committee have been planning for months, only for it to be kiboshed by Sky/BSPA with only a few weeks notice.

Sponsors put in place, riders will have agreed to ride in his meeting (even if their names have not been announced yet), and a whole host of other things in the background sorted.

A rain-off cannot be avoided. This could.

• Like 2

As i have already said, this is wrong and the Sky powers that be need to re-schedual the ELRC. Havvys meeting has been Schedualled for a long time now. So in the interest of one of our top British internationals and world champions Sky need to act and do the right thing..

Edited by Starman2006

As i have already said, this is wrong and the Sky powers that be need to re-schedual the ELRC. Havvys meeting has been Schedualled for a long time now. So in the interest of one of our top British internationals and world champions Sky need to act and do the right thing..

Here we go AGAIN!!! :shock: :shock:

Can they get ANYTHING right??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I feel for Havvy

Sky beat a big stick as many of us know.

I would have thought there was a way round this and I am sure Matt would have tried, but the BSPA are a law unto themselves and they probably don't give a toss.

They may well give a toss, as you put it. :neutral:

He who pays the Piper calls the Tune. :mad:

........................ and you were saying about my views on Television coverage. :shock:

Just saying.................................................. :P

• Like 2