British Speedway Forum

Havvy's Farewell - Poole Speedway - Friday 21st March 2014

I missed his farewell meeting that he's already had. When was that? I thought he had a testimonial, isn't that different?

Testimonial for 10 years service and a farewell for?? He retired 18 months ago. True he was a world champion but then shouldnt all riders now claim for 2 meetings then? He has had a nice payday already so its obviously ok to have another.

As a mulitple British Champion i only think its fair that when he retires Scott Nicholls will have a farewell meeting as well

Testimonial for 10 years service and a farewell for?? He retired 18 months ago. True he was a world champion but then shouldnt all riders now claim for 2 meetings then? He has had a nice payday already so its obviously ok to have another.

As a mulitple British Champion i only think its fair that when he retires Scott Nicholls will have a farewell meeting as well

Quite right too! I'm sure when Scott retires from racing and he gets the necessary approval from BSPA for a Farewell meeting (as Havvy did) and one of his former tracks offers to host it, then it will be a well-supported meeting. You never know he might even get Eurosport to televise it live!! :D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

you really are either a very sad man or thick I'm just trying to work out which. Take your stupid tints off to realise I'm not having a pop at Poole or is that beyond you. It's blatantly obvious to most that the meeting being on a Friday and the geography of it means less will turn up then if it was a Saturday night or Sunday afternoon meeting. Take your Poole hat off and look at the bigger picture

absolutly spit on now try and get it through to the forums troll

i don't begrudge the meeting either apart from the obvious fact he has had one already. My point was that its not the best time and location for most fans to go to. Trouble is if you don't agree with some Poole fans its not allowed on here! I would imagine if the meeting was held in the north you would at best get one coach load of Poole fans making the journey and the place would be packed from his northern fan base. As its at Poole the majority of fans will be Poole supporters its not that hard to get surely. And no shovlar wouldn't go if it wasnt at Poole

To be honest Gavan it was Steves view on my post I was expecting given it was him I adderessed.

Id say your view is well known especially as you have made it yet again!

If Steve wishes to reply great and if not its his perogative.

Loramski V Trick match race?

I am there already!

Now that would be something else to watch... Two well liked and respected poole riders.

Edited by Starman2006

To be honest Gavan it was Steves view on my post I was expecting given it was him I adderessed.

Id say your view is well known especially as you have made it yet again!

If Steve wishes to reply great and if not its his perogative.

Wasnt aimed at you it was aimed elsewhere sorry if you took offence.

Quite right too! I'm sure when Scott retires from racing and he gets the necessary approval from BSPA for a Farewell meeting (as Havvy did) and one of his former tracks offers to host it, then it will be a well-supported meeting. You never know he might even get Eurosport to televise it live!! :D

Has Scott had a testimonial already? (Can't remember.) However, if he's eventually due a Farewell Meeting as well hopefully it will be at Coventry where he is highly regarded. (Don't think the Swindon fans like him.) :wink:

Has Scott had a testimonial already? (Can't remember.) However, if he's eventually due a Farewell Meeting as well hopefully it will be at Coventry where he is highly regarded. (Don't think the Swindon fans like him.) :wink:

He had a testimonial in 2004 (at Ipswich).

• Like 1

Many other riders have had farewell meetings .so what is the issue some people seem to have with this one ?

Tony Rickardsson 2006

leigh Adams 2010 +Poland +Australia !!!!!!

Chris Louis 2011

Phil Morris 2011

Steve Johnsn 2011

Mark Loram 2o11

Garry Stead had a benefit meeting because of his horrific injuries and being unable to work.

Havvy is still battling to save any movement in his left arm with another operation due .Dont forget this was also a career ending injury

• Like 1

Many other riders have had farewell meetings .so what is the issue some people seem to have with this one ?

Tony Rickardsson 2006

leigh Adams 2010 +Poland +Australia !!!!!!

Chris Louis 2011

Phil Morris 2011

Steve Johnsn 2011

Mark Loram 2o11

Garry Stead had a benefit meeting because of his horrific injuries and being unable to work.

Havvy is still battling to save any movement in his left arm with another operation due .Dont forget this was also a career ending injury

if you can find the sentence that says he shouldnt have one then go ahead. what i have said is that people find it strange that people have a testimonial and a farewell meeting.

I know for a fact Mark Loram never had a testimonial

Its pretty irrelevent anyway because this meeting is at Poole which coupled with it being held on a Friday for some reason means its not exactly financially viable.

I would be going for the racing not really Havvys biggest fan, bit up himself, moans a lot, stuck 2 fingers up to his country on numerous occasions, the drugs thing, mean that ive never took to him.

Though wouldnt wish injury on any rider

Apologies if someone already replied, but with work and stuff i've lost track on this thread...does Havelock actually work these days or is he on the sick ?

Genuine question.

Apologies if someone already replied, but with work and stuff i've lost track on this thread...does Havelock actually work these days or is he on the sick ?

Genuine question.

trolling question looking for a response.

Im not Gary Havelocks biggest fan but its well documented he had a serious injury. These guys risk life and limb everytime they go out to entertain so why write a post that is just goading people. You well know he is Coventrys team manager so why ask.

Im not Gary Havelocks biggest fan but its well documented he had a serious injury. These guys risk life and limb everytime they go out to entertain so why write a post that is just goading people. You well know he is Coventrys team manager so why ask.

Excuse me, it's not a trolling question - dont try and assume what i'm thinking please. i'd genuinely like to know. I'm quite aware of his speedway involvement with Coventry, but i would hardly think that would be a full time role or anything near it.

Pm me if you've got a problem with my questions.

Excuse me, it's not a trolling question - dont try and assume what i'm thinking please. i'd genuinely like to know. I'm quite aware of his speedway involvement with Coventry, but i would hardly think that would be a full time role or anything near it.

Pm me if you've got a problem with my questions.

If your not trolling or been out the country then you should know exactly the situation

If your not trolling or been out the country then you should know exactly the situation

For christ sake mate, I asked a simple question. I have a life, which apologies if it offends you, but it means i dont really have the disposable time to sit 24/7 like some geek on the bsf trawling through pages of guff with supporters trying to win an argument.

I asked if he had a job in the real world, simple. I'll assume he hasn't then such is your touchiness.

Jesus, anyway, i'll let you return to trying to win arguments over a keyboard..

They don't go out to entertain.

They go out to have fun and earn money.

• Like 3

Really? I havent a clue either.

As I havent been out of the country since 2003 I guess that makes me a troll - are they those cute things you used to have on the end of your pencils at school?

• Like 3

Wasnt aimed at you it was aimed elsewhere sorry if you took offence.

not offended at all.

Does perhaps show why you get the response on here that you do in that you presumed to know what someone elses opinion/response/motive was and gave it before they had a chance themselves.

Shown again with the next little spat with the doctor.

Unfortunately this means when you do have a good and valid point it goes unnoticed as all people see is "another Gavan post'

• Like 3