British Speedway Forum

Havvy's Farewell - Poole Speedway - Friday 21st March 2014

Please tell your friends and help Havvy.....

Just a week to go to join the contest to become a rider sponsor at Havvys Farewell ...go to www.garyhavelock.co.uk and sponsor for £5 to receive a certificate with a chance to win the package ..or Cardiff Tickets and other prizes ...,The Rider sponsorship is for Davey Watt and includes his signed Race Jacket and a special photo opportunity on the parade!

You can purchase as many £5 sponsorships as you like .. Each one is a separate entry!

Please be sure to add a contact number in the note to seller as you check out in case you are a winner

Good luck in the draw!

Please tell your friends and help Havvy.....

Just a week to go to join the contest to become a rider sponsor at Havvys Farewell ...go to www.garyhavelock.co.uk and sponsor for £5 to receive a certificate with a chance to win the package ..or Cardiff Tickets and other prizes ...,The Rider sponsorship is for Davey Watt and includes his signed Race Jacket and a special photo opportunity on the parade!

You can purchase as many £5 sponsorships as you like .. Each one is a separate entry!

Please be sure to add a contact number in the note to seller as you check out in case you are a winner

Good luck in the draw!

He never helps me. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

• Like 1

Just to confirm .. The draw takes place tonight for the Rider Sponsorship.

The £5 certificates on sale via Gary's website will still be on sale after that with the remaining prizes drawn on the night.
TODAY is the last chance to become a rider sponsor (Davey Watt) for a £5 stake - includes two tickets to the meeting the signed race jacket and a photo opportunity with Davey on the parade!

CONGRATULATIONS .. To Keith Mason from Stockton on Tees the WINNER of Havvy's Draw to be the Rider Sponsor to Davey Watt - The draw will continue next Friday night with the remaining prizes on offer, including 2x tickets to the British GP...

I have just been reading in the Speedway Star about the line up for this event and it is not too bad. However, the bit I did not like in the advert is "Britain's finest" Speedway rider. What utter B*******.He was not fit to clean the boots of other former British world champs. Lets have it right, the only reason he won it was it was held at his home track.

• Like 1

I have just been reading in the Speedway Star about the line up for this event and it is not too bad. However, the bit I did not like in the advert is "Britain's finest" Speedway rider. What utter B*******.He was not fit to clean the boots of other former British world champs. Lets have it right, the only reason he won it was it was held at his home track.

In Poland in a thunderstorm? After being pole axed by Drabik in one heat? Think he fully deserved it to be honest.

Whilst Havvy was undoubtedly a very good Rider - you cannot bracket him with the likes of Craven, Collins and Lee etc.................

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Whilst Havvy was undoubtedly a very good Rider - you cannot bracket him with the likes of Craven, Collins and Lee etc.................

He was probably one the best riders in the world in that year. Was consistent al the way through the qualifiers.

A huge crowd expected!! Gates to open 30 minutes earlier than usual, at 6pm. I reckon the stadium car park will fill up very quickly - many of the daytime office workers who park there will be leaving by 5.30 latest!

Weather forecast this morning is showing the possibility of an occasional shower starting Friday and into the weekend!

Bournemouth Bedding Centre along with their supplier Silentnight have joined forces to provide Havvy with a top of the range, four drawer, platform bed as a prize in his special draw at Friday’s meeting.

The bed with a retail price tag of £1,500 and includes home delivery in the UK, will top the list of raffle prizes on the night which also includes a pair of tickets to the British Speedway Grand Prix at Cardiff in July and other Havvy merchandise.

Fans will be able to purchase sponsorship certificates at the meeting and each £5 donation to the fund will qualify as one entry into the draw. The certificates were launched last month and already one lucky winner has landed a rider sponsorship on the night with a package of benefits to go with it.

ALSO...........

FORMER BRADFORD FANS will be pleased to see that no less than three of the Dukes official race jackets from 1997 will be making their way down to Poole for Havvy's Farewell...

John Murphy, an avid fan of the Dukes, has made them available for Gary’s post-race memorabilia auction.

They are all signed by members of the team and two will go under the hammer on Friday night.

They include the heat leader jackets of Joe Screen and Mark Loram as well as Havvy’s own number that is to be presented Greg Hancock, the last rider to win a race at Odsal Stadium, home of the Dukes.

SEE ARTICLE HERE...

Edited by MMX Events

Thats a nice gesture by John.......REALLY this meeting should be at Havvys favourite track of Odsal but as the capers going on up there have ruined that possibility.. this is the next best thing. Hope the racejackets raise plenty of money.

Was hoping to get over (from Ireland) for this meeting......don't know how I'd get the bed home though should I have won it!!!.....

• Like 1

He was probably one the best riders in the world in that year. Was consistent al the way through the qualifiers.

he was good through the qualifiers and the final itself but wasnt the best rider in the world that year but fair play he was the best that night.

but i can name at least 7 brits who were better riders

Retro Speedway is delighted to be in attendance at Havvy's special meeting and with your support, we will be giving Havvy's farewell fund a big extra boost.

HALF of all proceeds we receive from sales of our two mags, DVDs and new book at Friday's meeting at Poole will go direct to Gary.

As well as our regular mags, Backtrack (£4 - featuring a compelling, new 10-page interview with cover man Havvy) and Classic Speedway (£4), we will also be selling all our other latest products, including:

*BRITISH SPEEDWAY MEMORIES book (£18).

Our popular series of defunct track DVDs (all of the following are £16 each):

MEMORIES OF WEMBLEY LIONS

MEMOPRIES OF WIMBLEDON SPEEDWAY

MEMORIES OF NORWICH SPEEDWAY

MEMORIES OF WEST HAM SPEEDWAY

MEMORIES OF HACKNEY SPEEDWAY

HISTORY OF CANTERBURY SPEEDWAY

RAYLEIGH ROCKETS (1968-73)

Plus...

MARK LORAM: THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION

SHOOEY: LIFE AND TIMES OF SHAWN MORAN

MIKE THE BIKE: MICHAEL LEE

MORT: CHRIS MORTON STORY

IVAN: THE MAUGER INTERVIEW

BOOEY: NIGEL BOOCOCK

WORLD CUP WILLY: RAY WILSON

JACK PARKER: IN CONVERSATION WITH

And also...

WORLD FINALS OF THE 70s

WORLD FINALS OF THE 80s

SPEEDWAY IN THE 50s & 60s

SPEEDWAY IN THE 70s

SPEEDWAY IN THE 80s

Of course, all of the above are also available from our website at http://www.retro-speedway.com

Edited by tmc
  • Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number (my phone reset itself 3 weeks ago and I lost a whole load of numbers!)

Thanks