British Speedway Forum

2014 European Speedway Championships

Nicki had been passed and was looking for the contact. You cant go for a cut back from a position like that.

Ref was conned. As Vaculic said Nicki was a good actor.

• Like 1

I too think the referee called it correct

Can't argue with that but he was played by Pedersen, there are none better than him when it comes to mugging referees. All part of the game I suppose but it doesn't half wind me up.

Ah well, decent evening of speedway, for that we have to be grateful, thanks Eurosport.

It was perfectly clear and correct call to exlude Vaculik. Nicki did not turn left. He did not seek contact, he did not have to because Vaculik crossed his racing line.

Nicki could have stayed up though IMO. That would have been stupid, also IMO.

• Like 2

Enjoyable meeting in Togliatti. Not seen the TV coverage yet but after reading a few things on here it is interesting compared to being in the stadium.

The stadium last year looked full but there were a reasonable number of seats empty on the 1st/2nd bend and likewise on the 3rd bend at the start. Also a large number of fans, possible around a quarter or a third, had left as the the meeting was still going on so large empty areas by the final and virtually empty by the presentation. This I assume was due to the late start time 8pm, which meant meeting didn't end to 11pm on Sunday night. This was a pity as the racing was an improvement on the meeting last year if my memory serves me right.

The track grading sometimes cause problems. In the grading between heats 12 and 13 they had a big pile in the middle of the track going into turn one and on the straight just before the start line. Originally a guy was moving by hand before the tractors returned leading to a bit of a delay. Again a lump was left on the track after heat 16 which seemed to cause Smolinski to crash in heat 17. Luckily he and Davidsson seem ok and Jonas got great support when pushing his bike around for a point.

Was expecting a huge crash at some point cause problem in third and fourth bend where a lot of riders lifted or straightened but luckily this didn't happen.

I assume the rain following the dry weather in the day helped cause both of those problems

The stadium announcer did a fantastic job of encouraging the crowd.

Not the easiest place for tourist due to alphabet & not used to having tourists but people were friendly enough. The guide we had was excellent

Driving and health and safety (or lack of) is sometimes very scary

Edited by severnsider

Must agree with everything above, especially the guide we had in the Samara/Togliatti area. The crowd did disappear and it was very interesting to note that all local advertising stated the meeting started at 7pm local time, I rather think that had it showed the real time of 8pm then there would have been a lot more spaces around the stadium.

Draw for Saturday-start time 2pm uk time -courtesy of SEC website

Official starting list of the third round of SEC in Holsted:

1. #84 Martin Smolinski (Germany)

2. #69 Patryk Dudek (Poland)

3. #169 Andzejs Lebedevs (Latvia)

4. #33 Adrian Miedziński (Poland)

5. #100 Andreas Jonsson (Sweden)

6. #13 Jonas Davidsson (Sweden)

7. #25 Peter Kildemand (Denmark)

8. #27 Janusz Kołodziej (Poland)

9. #16 Niels Kristian Iversen (Denmark)

10. #313 Kenni Larsen (Denmark)

11. #19 Jurica Pavlic (Croatia)
12. #20 Tomasz Gollob (Poland)

13. #21 Maksims Bogdanovs (Latvia)

14. #89 Emil Sayfutdinov (Russia)

15. #5 Nicki Pedersen (Denmark)

16. #1 Martin Vaculik (Slovakia)

17. Patrick Hougaard (Denmark)

18. Rasmus Jensen (Denmark)

Edited by racers and royals

Seems like being shown at 8pm per tv guide

Yep-meeting def is 3pm local time-so its a case of keeping away from any updates if one wants to watch it " delayed Live "

Edit live on Eurosport in Europe so streams will be available to watch it live-I will have to watch it on tape as I will be in Wigan watching the Royals get their first 3 points of the new season.

Edited by racers and royals

Yep-meeting def is 3pm local time-so its a case of keeping away from any updates if one wants to watch it " delayed Live "

Edit live on Eurosport in Europe so streams will be available to watch it live-I will have to watch it on tape as I will be in Wigan watching the Royals get their first 3 points of the new season.

You hope :lol::t: Alan.