British Speedway Forum

2014 European Speedway Championships

It also puts the SGP to shame, quality racing on a good racing surface

It is a wonder that half of the crowd couldn't be attracted to Bydgoszcz,which isn't That far away really and the German fans are used to travelling over the border.Surely they weren't interested in the womens basketball as well?????

And speedway rules say the riders have to be stationary at the start! The referee had to make 2 decisions all day, the Miedzinski crash and the semi-final dodgy start and he got 50% of them wrong!

He had three and got 33.3% wrong - there was a tapes exclusion early on!

JACK'S classic tonight was that Tomasz (Gollob) probably speaks better Polish than English...

He also said Hans Nielsen was a 5 time World Champion! Edited by Midland Red

I wouldn't rather watch them but they do represent the format I would prefer for the gps.

The presentation of the SEC is too much like the gps, they could at least dress the girls in another colour!

Classic!!!!If your only moan is about the girls outfits then it must have been good :o:rofl::P

• Like 1

Good meeting ,really enjoyed it . Strange but i cant here people calling for a red card system or rider bans for what was at least an eye opening ride by kilderman in the semi final .if it was another dane we wouldnt hear the last of it

If Emil would've gone down Killer would've been excluded but he did still leave him enough room but whether it was "racing room" I think not.

I enjoyed watching it especially where Sam's clueless mate kept talking about Miedzinsi when they showed Kenni Larsen :D .

Don't know who Jack is but he must know someone high up to get the gig as he ain't got a clue.

Good meeting ,really enjoyed it . Strange but i cant here people calling for a red card system or rider bans for what was at least an eye opening ride by kilderman in the semi final .if it was another dane we wouldnt hear the last of it

But it's a contact sport, didn't you know?!

What if a company that owned a 20,000 stadium in england and wanted more use for it were to aproach the SEC owners to stage a round next year .the stadium has no connection to speedway and a tempary track would need to be installed ,could they do it? .if it went ahead and was well supported by by the british public it would be a bit awkward for BSI and british speedway and no doubt they would object but what could they actually do to stop it. This is hypothetical of course

If Emil would've gone down Killer would've been excluded but he did still leave him enough room but whether it was "racing room" I think not.

I enjoyed watching it especially where Sam's clueless mate kept talking about Miedzinsi when they showed Kenni Larsen :D .

Don't know who Jack is but he must know someone high up to get the gig as he ain't got a clue.

It was jack`s " last speedway " swansong-and for someone my age,loved the gag about the Arthur Askey start marshall.

It was within the first minute tonight when he couln`t say Czestochowa correctly and the sound was still on when a background film came on and you could hear Sam telling him how to say it.

What if a company that owned a 20,000 stadium in england and wanted more use for it were to aproach the SEC owners to stage a round next year .the stadium has no connection to speedway and a tempary track would need to be installed ,could they do it? .if it went ahead and was well supported by by the british public it would be a bit awkward for BSI and british speedway and no doubt they would object but what could they actually do to stop it. This is hypothetical of course

Shouldn`t think they would want to take the risk and expense to lay a temporary track(they haven`t used one yet-although they were talking about a new stadium in Gdansk-not normally used for speedway) as long as a British track was FIM approved in theory a round could be held here.

Sorry because I am sure this has been discussed, and I have done my best looking over the 20 pages of this thread, but cannot see the answer as to why there are no British riders in the SEC, can anyone help please.

Thanks.

Very enjoyable meeting. Strangely "biased" start grid but the way the track allowed some great racing more than made up for that.

Once again Jack added to the meeting with that enthusiasm and unashamed enjoyment of the proceedings not even remotely matched by any other commentator. I don't care one little tiny bit that he gets a few things wrong, he enhances the presentation without yelling his head off or being an all knowing spouter of obvious facts. I truly cannot see the point of some people's insistence that the most important part of a commentary is to be told what you already know in the first place.

Looking forward to the future rounds. Only drawback for me (apart from no Jack) is the lack of UK representation. And I don't care whether it is not an official competition - it is an international Speedway series for \}$€< sake and the UK SHOULD be involved.

Anyway - a good three hours worth of viewing. :)

• Like 1

Not an official FIM event ????

How I understand it (so not very well :lol: ) is that the SEC is under the 'European FIM' and not 'The FIM' & there's been some internal wrangling between the 2 parties over it.

British Speedway only recognise the official FIM but I do believe the official FIM are becoming swayed to the SEC so in the near future all riders will be competing.