British Speedway Forum

Kent Kings 2014

JamesM09

I was going to throw Jerran Hart into the mix but the pillock has got himself thrown into jail for 3 years. He would have been an excellent replacement for Stevie B. Maybe Ben Morley's experiences in Australia will prepare him for stepping up to the plate. I'm convinced that Benji Compton on new machinery will easily put a couple of points on his average. Just hope Kings can keep hold of him. Jack Kingston is another rider with the potential to increase his average - we'd be looking to him to double his 2013 figure. David Mason is still a must for me - he was the catalyst for the turn around in our fortunes this year. He still has so much to offer the team IMO. That leaves us short of a heat leader, a second string, and 2 reserves. Adam Kirby has the head for speedway but, sadly, not the bodyshape currently. He needs to find some way to shed at least a stone in weight if he's going to be competitive.

I know this is the silly season, however, with the AGM yet to come and the better NL riders of the past season being positioned in EL clubs I wonder what effect it will have on rider availability. At least for heat leader positions.

As for the past thoughts on grass to speedway, I remember Alfie Hagon, top rider on grass, second string standard on shale. That is my memory holds good.

Adam Ellis pretty sure he's allowed NL next year

Well according to Jon (Adam's Dad) Adam is apparently NOT allowed to ride NL next year. I guess because his PL average is too high to 'double down' - though I though under a certain age (which Ellis is...) you could still..?

But who knows with the rules..

According to Last green sheet averages Adam had a 8.90 average. If that is 0.25 over the allowed allowance the following riders would also not be allowed to do N L next year.

Blackbird 10.49

Morris's 8.83

Starke 9.93

Boxall 9.56

Jacobs 8.71

Wright 10.37 and

Robert Lambert who finished on 10.30

Na its PL averages not ta do wit their NL average mate

Apolgies to Nikki if I upset ya man, just stating an opinion, no offence meant. We all love speedway

Na its PL averages not ta do wit their NL average mate

Apolgies to Nikki if I upset ya man, just stating an opinion, no offence meant. We all love speedway

In that case no NL for Blackbird, Morris's and Wright from the original list.

Riders with a PL average above 4.00 cannot double-up. However if a rider is in an NL declaration, and not PL at the start of the season but signs for a PL team mid season he can double-up if his average is below 5.00 (eg Wright this year). Therefore the following riders are ineligibke for NL next year if they sign for a PL team: Blackbird, Morris, Wright, Ellis, Nielsen, Kerr & Boxall.

I just wonder if a few rules may be re-written so as to accommodate a few of the instances being mentioned on this site, pure conjecture however, at this stage. The programme will have to be looked at deeply to fit in the proposed two(2) reserve races per meeting in the EL. I doubt that there will be any significant reports yet, but behind the scenes who knows what takes place, until the powers that be consider it appropriate to release the details. Just lets keep wondering!

Found the folowing release:

RIDERS PUT FORWARD FOR ELITE LEAGUE PLACES: Adam Ellis; Ashley Morris; Ben Reade; Daniel Halsey; James Sarjeant; Joe Jacobs; Josh Bates; Kyle Newman; Robert Branford; Simon Lambert; Ben Hopwood; Ben Morley; Charles Wright; Dan Greenwood; Darryl Ritchings; Jake Knight; Jason Garrity; Kyle Hughes; Lee Smart; Lewis Blackbird; Lewis Kerr; Lewis Rose; Liam Carr; Max Clegg; Oliver Greenwood; Paul Starke; Robert Lambert; Stefan Nielsen; Steven Worrall; Tom Perry.

Seems there will be two rounds to pick the riders, Coventry get first pick, with contracted riders going to their respective clubs. Second round draw commences with the team having the lowest ranked rider from draw one having first pick.

The ten not drawn will be used to cover injuries or non-availability. Thats the starting point then.