British Speedway Forum

Kent Kings 2014

JamesM09

Hi. There is a coach being organised to Mildenhall on 6th July. You need to speak to Ria, she is one of the Morley nutters! not sure where she will be standing at the next home meeting. Hope this is of some help, see you on the coach.

Thanks for that. Not been on here for a bit so only just seen ur reply? Will hunt her out when im next at central park?

Looks like Kings are replacing him with another (like Ayres) MDL and former Motocross rider, Jason Garrad (related to Bob, or was that spelt differently?). In truth, Luke hasn't progressed as quickly as promised by his initial potential. The break from NL pressures will do him good.

Do you honestly believe that!

This league is about giving talent a chance and Luke has shown that he has that. Realistically even if Garrad turns out to be a star you still wouldn't expect someone in his first ever season that has missed the opening and has only ridden 4 MDL meetings to score more than the 3 that Luke has been doing.

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

Looks like Kings are replacing him with another (like Ayres) MDL and former Motocross rider, Jason Garrad (related to Bob, or was that spelt differently?). In truth, Luke hasn't progressed as quickly as promised by his initial potential. The break from NL pressures will do him good.

The lad is 15 it's all about giving him time on track, he's going to be a very good rider. He's averaging 3.06 in the league at present, that is solid from a debut season reserve at this level. To say he hasn't progressed quickly is unfair.

Kings becoming more and more a Rye House feeder Club.

Just my opinion.

How? Rye House drop riders once in a blue moon.

Harris has taken steps back in my opinion. Chessell and Ayres have come on leaps.

How can you take a step back in your debut season? He started with a blank canvas.

Whilst i agree that young Luke was probably pushed into the team a little early and may be a little unfortunate that Danny is going so well and exposing his scores im not sure another total rookie is the answer.

Looking at Jason Garrad’s MDL record this season so far is:

Matches 4

Rides: 9

Bonus pts: 3

Total: 22

Unofficial average: 9.78

4 matches should yield a 12-16 rides not 9 (mechanically unsound and crash happy)

Ignoring bonus points as they count for little 19 points from 9 rides is 2 per ride in MDL hardly setting the world alight.

I was at Rye on Sat evening when Jason started the evening being sent back to the pits as he had entered the track in the wrong helmet colour.

Whilst none of these are shocking issues on thier own i cant help thinking just 4 MDL meetings and straight into the kent team is a little too fast!

Riders only take 3 rides a meeting generally in the MDL, it's not a 15 heat format.

Good luck to Garrad, if he has the same impact as Ayres then it will be a good move for the team. Hope Harris does return later in the year or in 2015, he'll be a very good rider in future and the Kings can't afford to let him slip through their fingers.

• Like 3

Have to say Danny has gone well lately, however, how many riders do not have a dip in their scoring? Luke had a good evening this past Monday and should have been given the benefit of the doubt as he may have just gone through his rough patch. The politics of the management is something none of us outsiders will ever get to know, yet all we really want to see is young riders giving 100% and being encouraged by the senior riders and most of all the management. I hope this was a management decision alone.

Nothing surprises me with Mr Silver.

And Kings are there to help his Club. :nono:

Another 1 from the Rye training sessions............Kent Raiders lose is another clubs gain just look how Conner improved at Mildenhall this season they all need time it is after all called National Devovopment League

Another 1 from the Rye training sessions............Kent Raiders lose is another clubs gain just look how Conner improved at Mildenhall this season they all need time it is after all called National Devovopment League

I think they should change name to Kent Raiders.

The Club is just there for future Rye riders.

The only one who can change that is Mr Cearns.

On a brighter note it's just been announced on lakesides Twitter that Ben has been voted rider of the month by the fans! A massive well done to Ben!!! Fully deserved imo

And that is no surprise to me, he is becoming a steady white-liner at Lakeside. His season so far is going very well, let us all hope that it does so for a long time to come as it has helped him to the number one race jacket at CP.

And that is no surprise to me, he is becoming a steady white-liner at Lakeside. His season so far is going very well, let us all hope that it does so for a long time to come as it has helped him to the number one race jacket at CP.

A white liner - in the role of the recognised greatest white line rider of them all? I doubt if anyone has seen let alone remembers Tommy Croombs of West Ham? I do and have seen him ride.

Edited by Guest

Riders only take 3 rides a meeting generally in the MDL, it's not a 15 heat format.

Good luck to Garrad, if he has the same impact as Ayres then it will be a good move for the team. Hope Harris does return later in the year or in 2015, he'll be a very good rider in future and the Kings can't afford to let him slip through their fingers

I am aware of the MDL system however 4 meetings @ 3 rides = 12 rides not 9 add in that often the rye house young team often only have 3 riders so should have taken 12-16 rides in 4 meetings not 9.

I hope Luke Harris does return but i suspect he would be inclined to tell the Rye House MDL team to stick it and return to the grass.

Sadly another youngster potentially lost by not being given a decent crack.

KENT KINGS have new media partners this year in the Fueltopia website and this leading motorsports site has an excellent article posted following a visit to Central Park last Bank Holiday Monday.

Many thanks to Steve White of Fueltopia for their support.

The article is at:

http://fueltopia.co.uk/profiles/blog/event-british-national-league-speedway-john-cearns-cup-sittingbou

KENT KINGS have new media partners this year in the Fueltopia website and this leading motorsports site has an excellent article posted following a visit to Central Park last Bank Holiday Monday.

The article is at:

http://fueltopia.co.uk/profiles/blog/event-british-national-league-speedway-john-cearns-cup-sittingbou

Got to say some fantastic action shots.

Well done.

The article is at:

Those are excellent photos and article

The article is at:

Brilliant. Just absolutely, bloody brilliant. Fantastic images, all of which capture the atmosphere of speedway racing. Shame it's not scratch & sniff really.

• Like 1

Brilliant. Just absolutely, bloody brilliant. Fantastic images, all of which capture the atmosphere of speedway racing. Shame it's not scratch & sniff really.

Please explain. Thanx.

Harris's scores this season

5+1

5+1

6+1

2 (abdn match)

2+1

4+1

1+1

1+1

4+2

Yes, you could say his scores dropped off, but would be a bit harsh, as they include away matches at Cradley and Mildenhall, just how quick should a 15 year old develop on a bike, he's just a kid, and riding regularly will help, not hinder him

Hope we've not seen the last of Luke, would be a shame

Please explain. Thanx.

I can't wait for this explanation. Please keep it clean lol.

As the old song goes...."why are we waitng....?"