British Speedway Forum

Kent Kings 2014

JamesM09

Good luck to all the riders at Plymouth today hope they all stay safe in this first meeting of the season for them .Kings hopefully can pinch this ,or run it close,...Is Webster the rider he was ? ,,may hold the key to this one...

So it is the first away win. What a fantastic start to the season.

Lambert retains the Bronze Helmet. Must be a great boost to the team with a night like tonights. Hope Brandon will not be too sore after his off.

Perfect start to the season 2nite! Defo think our top 3 look a bit tasty!!! And we haven't had as long a wait this year for our 1st win eh? Lol! Anyway well done lads on a nice win and even tho Devon may b one of the weaker teams this year its a confidence booster for the start of the season

The best way to find the result and scorers is the Updates page for that match. Only fair as the excellent folk involved on thast site do all the hard work.

Link is:

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/13051/devon-kent-nlkoc-15-15pm

Many thanks. I did ry this site but the details did not appear when I was stamping my footsie in frustration to see them.

Edited by Guest

Great start for the Kings.Lambert did well and so did Morley/Compton.Nice to see young Harris win his first ever National League ride.Hope Freemantle is OK after his terrible sounding crash.Ok Devon might not be the strongest team In the League but it is never easy to win AWAY in Speedway.

If this had been the first meeting last season,the Kings would have lost.Much better balanced team this year.IMHO. :t:

Good performance from the Kings at the small Plymouth arena,,The top three of Lambert,,Morley and Compton all out classing their opposite numbers Harris looks a find, will the team continue with Dan Blake,,? would be better to continue with the youngster that obviously has much more potential surely, in my opinion . ,Chessel ,Mason and Freemantle will all improve on last nights performances, so things are looking good for a great season ..For the Demons Smart looks like he may well be on his way back to the rider he was a while back putting in some hard challenging rides by the sound of match reports ..Time will tell if the same can be said of Tim Webster, but he is entitled to be a bit rusty after time out of the sport.. The meeting also provided a handy practise for Ben Morley and Brandon Freemantle who return to the track shortly for the under 21 semi final...

I know it's early days, but do you think Lambert (as Captain) will send Morley and Compton to the NLRC? Obviously depends on Compton doing what i expect and having a superb season.

Hmm, an interesting item of conjecture so early in the season!!

Simon has won a lot at third tier level (eg the Pairs three times) but he's NOT won the CLRC/NLRC so I'd imagine this year that title could well be up there on his agenda..? Benji is a former CLRC champ.

Hmm, an interesting item of conjecture so early in the season!!

Simon has won a lot at third tier level (eg the Pairs three times) but he's NOT won the CLRC/NLRC so I'd imagine this year that title could well be up there on his agenda..? Benji is a former CLRC champ.

Plus he won the Golden Hammer meeting a few years back, for whatever reason he has never achieved the step up from NL to Pl, he has the ability, thats without doubt.

A bit speculative regarding the N.L.R.C. Anything can happen between now and september ...And im not sure which meetings take precedance between the n.l.r.c ,,elite ,premier... any one know??