British Speedway Forum

Kent Kings 2014

JamesM09

Doesn't apply to Stoke, none of our top 5 have PL or EL commitments.

At last some good news for Stoke!!!! From my maths, Cradley have ALL 7 declared riders in too many UK Leagues, and if Steve goes to Poland with Ritchie on Sundays, ...take your pick from EL, PL, NL & MDL double or triple ups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2014 should be strange to say the least.

So at last it is just beginning to sink in that with the new system of using NL riders in EL teams it will leave NL sides weaker when fixture clashes occur so R/R will be used even more in the season to come, Brilliant news, a flawed new system even before injuries kick in.

Under new regulations a guest rider is permissible for an EL absentee on the same race day to the points value of the missing rider.

Malcolm Vasey

• Like 1

So would that mean TWO Guests if say Birmingham faced Lakeside on a Monday night..?

Well you would have a guest for your No.1 if he was still in that position devoid of the seven day rule and a guest under the new regulations subject to all requirements being met for the other rider. That is my understanding of the new regulations but I have not seen them its from the discussion. The rule for a guest replacement No.1 is different to other guests in that the seven day rule does not apply.

Malcolm Vasey

Thanks for the info Malcolm im sure things are now becoming clearer for the Kent fans,,Good luck with Stoke except when they are riding against us ,,and look forward to seeing you around this season ..

It's all a problem of speedway's own making. All so typical of the modern day sport. Even football could not have a bigger balls up - if you get the drift of that remark! Which I doubt many will?

Was that pun intended?

Doesn't apply to Stoke, none of our top 5 have PL or EL commitments.

Stoke must now become the league front runners then, what!

Under new regulations a guest rider is permissible for an EL absentee on the same race day to the points value of the missing rider.

Malcolm Vasey

Perhaps Malcolm more reason for Stoke becoming league frontrunners if the same seven blend and work for each other. Shades of West Ham 64-65, wooden spoonists to 3 titles!

It's all a problem of speedway's own making. All so typical of the modern day sport. Even football could not have a bigger balls up - if you get the drift of that remark! Which I doubt many will?

Was that pun intended?

It was!

It has gone a bit quiet on here with Gustix may be gone on holiday to sunny spain and forgotten to take his Ipad ? ,,And Nikko gone fishing again,?,This site must not lose its most visited status,, So come on lads think of something controversial to debate ..The other sites are so boring in comparison....

Might not be correct in my thinking, but looking at the Lakeside fixture list Kent might not be without their "fast track" riders too often, if at all. Need to wait for the NL fixture list and see how many Friday meetings clash or awayday meetings throw up clashes.

Silence may be due to the shock of seeing the new Facebook and website layouts. Not much buzzing there either! Might be a story there, any chance?

Certainly looks like Simon and Ben will be more affected by away meetings for Kent as opposed to at home on mondays..Lakeside are running a few sats as opposed to bank holiday mondays Not to sure on Simons commitments in the premier and elite meetings but Rye appear to be switching from bank holiday mondays to sunday afternoons which will help a little It is a bit complicated at the moment ,,but i believe guests will be available for both of them....

To get round the problem last year press and practice was run as a race meeting ..I presume it will be the same this year ..Unless any improvements have been negotiated with the council.. On another note where the hell has Gustix gone i sincerly hope the old boy is OK .?

Edited by waco

So there is to be a 6 heat challenge at the Christmas Cracker meeting between Coventry Storm and a Kings select. Good to see.

Its against the Rye House raders according to Peterbro press release man! Time for a return of Nikko lol

• Like 1

Its against the Rye House raders according to Peterbro press release man! Time for a return of Nikko lol

Hector, Peterborough in the press release state Kent Kings then for the line-up say Rye House Raiders. Time someone made things clear, either it is the Kings else the Raiders. Takes us back to earlier bleats on this site, sadly

Hector, Peterborough in the press release state Kent Kings then for the line-up say Rye House Raiders. Time someone made things clear, either it is the Kings else the Raiders. Takes us back to earlier bleats on this site, sadly

That should cheer Waco up. That could be at least another 5 pages of discussion :-)

Hector, Peterborough in the press release state Kent Kings then for the line-up say Rye House Raiders. Time someone made things clear, either it is the Kings else the Raiders.

Happy to do so. The reference to Rye House 'Raiders' is an error on Peterborough's website/their Press Release. The team taking to the track vs. Coventry will be a Kent Kings Select.

• Like 2