British Speedway Forum

Kent Kings 2014

JamesM09

If Mogridge has improved then get him in the side - his Dad was always quality. Boy do I feel old lol.

Don't feel old! I'm only 25 and I remember Alan riding!

Adam was told weeks ago he wouldn't be considered for the team.

Yes, he didn't finish the season very well and people forget the good scores he put in early season but as with a lot of riders people only remember how you finish.

Adam was very disappointed with his lack of consistency and had already started a new fitness campaign and was looking to raise more sponsorship for better equipment.

If the promotion go with a new untried rider at reserve then I agree it would have been better to give Adam another chance.

Brendon has had three years of league speedway, albeit losing a lot through injury, and is still only on 3.00 so why not give Adam another go as well, especially as he knows his way round CP.

A reserve duo of Brandon and Adam could do very well, don't forget a few years ago they were 1 and 2 in the British Under 15s and I think in the Under 16s as well.

I agree Nikko, most riders have peaks and troughs and for stability in the team it must pay to keep riders who fit the team points limit. I wish Adam well, he is a likeable lad who put a lot of time in for the club. Hope he finds a new berth.

Bit of a surprise really but Dan Blake is the final rider for kent,,,rode for rye house 2nd team several seasons ago before injury halted his career and should be well capable of doing a good job at reserve,, Kent have now, a strong side, that should be challenging for honours this season.. Bring it on

• Like 1

Well defo didnt see that one coming! But welcome to the kings Daniel! Must say that as someone who put a shout out for Adam Kirby in bit disappointed the management went for an unknown, untested rider to replace Adam but that's how it is so time to get behind everyone now!

looking at the team i think we've defo strengthened on paper. Was always gunna b a tough job to replace Stevie boxall but think lambert will do a good job and give us another out and out number 1! The 3 returnees we all know will do a job and personally i think this cud b a big year for ben Morley as feel him riding EL will massively improve him which cam only benefit us? A lot is gunna depend on how Brandon Freemantle does? Got big hopes for him and if he can produce wat people r saying he is capable of then i feel we can definitely be challenging this year! Luke chessell is also one that if he will have a say in how we do? All in all fairly happy with the team that's been put 2gether and cant wait for the tapes to go up in April!

When he signed for Isle of Wight his average was about 4.14 and he only rode about twice before injury... So how can he fit in??

My memory seems good enough, I've looked it up and it was 4.14 in 2010. So I assume he's been reassessed as a 3.00 due to missing 3, nearly 4, seasons?? Having said that, Shane Waldron was assessed as a 5.00 last season and he had even longer out the sport than Blake.

Kent fans, his Islanders scores at the start of that season were 5+1 from 4 at home to the USA Dream Team, 4 from 4 at home to Weymouth in a challenge, 7+1 from 4 away to Weymouth and riding in the main body this time in a challenge, before his season ended in his first official fixture which was a league meeting away to Newport when he scored 2+1 and broke his leg in his fifth outing.

Edited by Islander15

Gammy 73 Dan Blake is not an unknown or untested rider has had more expierience than Adam Kirby at league racing having ridden for Rye 2nd,s and the I.O.W ,,prior to 2010 ,and hails from Harlow Essex ..

Edited by waco
  • Like 2

So we have a mini BSPA web-site, such a disappointment. Have lost all the originality of last years site. If all you want is a repeat of the main site then I suppose it does the job. Is it a cost cutting exercise?

• Like 1

You'll have to change your logo "whistlegang" to the new one on the website, looks very similar to the new press officers one above, but shame the crown has gone and the fonts changed.

New race jackets for 2014 then, wonder what they will do with the old ones?

Edited by Nikko

You'll have to change your logo "whistlegang" to the new one on the website, looks very similar to the new press officers one above, but shame the crown has gone and the fonts changed.

Cant agree about the crown, I never thought it made any sense, and, on the race jacket at least, it looked more like a chef's toque anyhow.

Surely most clubs have new Race Jackets regularly, I must say that it has never occurred to me as to what happened to obsolete ones - maybe kept by the riders?

Edited by JC!
  • Like 1

I think the P1928 logo is ideal for depicting Kent Kings. The alternate one is far too elaborate.

So we have a mini BSPA web-site, such a disappointment. Have lost all the originality of last years site. If all you want is a repeat of the main site then I suppose it does the job. Is it a cost cutting exercise?

I honestly can`t see why the clubs racejackets have to be altered after 1 season how long have Eastbourne had an Eagle or Lakeside been the crossed hammers

Kent Kings appears to be losing its direction originality like the web site has

• Like 2

Do we know for sure last seasons jackets will not be used again?