British Speedway Forum

Kent Kings 2014

JamesM09

At the beginning of the season assurances were given that Len Silver was only 'Promotor in mentor' and RH was completely separate from the KK are we to assume that was an untruth now?. It's little wonder people are sceptical.

That's a viewpoint to which I now also subscribe. Certainly the situation needs some clarification.

Edited by Guest

That's for people to decide.

As is public knowledge, the Rye House promotion became more and more involved as the season progressed.

At the start of the season it was Mr Silver and John Sampford from Rye House.

Then it became Mr Silver, John and Mr Silvers ex wife and fellow promoter Hazel Naylor.

By the end of the season it was Mr Silver, John, Mrs Naylor plus 2 of their Rye House staff.

Now the only announcement about the Kent Kings next season has appeared on the Rye House website.

I know people will say I'm stirring, I'm not, I am a Kent Kings fan and always will be.

Lets be honest Nikko, up until recently, you were probably as much aware as anyone until recently, of most of the goings on down at Kent Kings. So i for one, read with great interest what you have to write, and its apparent to all, that The promotion at Kent, do not want to utilise social media, whereas you did, and obviously your position became untenable.

That's one reason, I wanted to bring speedway into the new world, social media, stuff for the kids, and great exposure for the sponsors.

One thing I, and the people I worked with, made sure was that nothing went out that was private.

I joined the club to promote the Kent Kings, to help Roger Cearns fulfil his dream and bring a team back to Kent. I also wanted to bring speedway kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

As the season went on, in my mind, that changed and it became the Raiders at Kent and the promotion didn't want to carry on with the new way of promoting.

It's back to the old school way of promoting.

I want nothing more than league speedway in Kent and will also support the Kings.

I look forward to seeing the 7 riders who will wear the Kings Racejackets in 2014, which is after all what this thread is about.

Edited by Nikko

That's one reason, I wanted to bring speedway into the new world, social media, stuff for the kids, and great exposure for the sponsors.

One thing I, and the people I worked with, made sure was that nothing went out that was private.

I joined the club to promote the Kent Kings, to help Roger Cearns fulfil his dream and bring a team back to Kent. I also wanted to bring speedway kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

As the season went on, in my mind, that changed and it became the Raiders at Kent and the promotion didn't want to carry on with the new way of promoting.

It's back to the old school way of promoting.

I want nothing more than league speedway in Kent and will also support the Kings.

I look forward to seeing the 7 riders who will wear the Kings Racejackets in 2014, which is after all what this thread is about.

What does Mr Cearns think/say about this ?It is HIS club,HE wanted KENT KINGS to take to the track.Why has Mr Silver seem to have taken over,and his crew?We all know Mr Silver wants to do it all,but this I just ridiculous.Why can`t he just s*d of back to Rye House,and take his crew with him.

Edited by AJ is King

Could Simon Lambert be a shout for a number 1. for the Kings next season after his victory in The Kent Laurels this season. As he only has a low average in the PL 3.00-4.00, also will score plenty of points in the NL division.

Or

Boxall

Bowen to double up assuming they are both in the rockets side next season.

Don't want to get involved in all this slagging off of people.The main things are Kent Kings finally got going and regardless of the avatar heading this thread it does seem as if the first season was a reasonable success as there will be a second season.I hope it is onwards and upwards whoever is making the decisions

• Like 1

I am getting a bit fed up with the continual slagging off of Len Silver and any one connected to Rye House ..With out Len i doubt Kent Kings would have got off the ground, he has put in a huge amount of work at the track ,maybe im wrong but i was there vertually every week and i did not see much of Mr Cearns.. Who got Boxall out of retirement ,helped with his machinary ,,supplied the top end riders for the team ,after everyone else of any standard had been snapped up by other teams ,81 yr old Len Silver thats who.. He may be old school, and is his own man ,,does things his way ,, But I have known Len for 30 yrs and he is the most experienced person in British Speedway as a rider ,promoter, England team manager ,track curator ( inc world finals) Has a wonderfull reputation as being straight and honest (His riders dont have to worry if they are going to get paid on time ) ,..What Len has achieved in his lifetime in Speedway few can equal,

Edited by waco
  • Like 7

Waco, I'm not slagging him off but he needs to realise 2 things.

1) he may have been involved in speedway for over 50 years, as he continually told us, but that doesn't mean he is right all the time. And he definitely needs to get up to date with modern media and ideas. He's "promoting" like its it's 1950.

2) he needs to realise, as apparently you do, that Rogers Cearns is the Kent Kings not Len Silver.

Roger spent 7 years getting the club off the grown before Len was even involved.

I appreciate your family are closely linked to Len and Rye House but this is about the Kent Kings club.

I have always given Len the credit for being there over last winter in charge of every aspect of the track build. Nothing happened on the track build without it being his decision. Interestingly he is now distancing himself from this fact with his comments to the press in the last week.

And with regards to Rye House, it's simple, the Kent fans want a Kent team not a junior Rye House team.

I remember the reaction the Rye House fans had when their team rode out of Mildenhall one year. They wanted their team to ride at their track if no interference.

Yes the Kent team were paid on time every time last season but again you are giving credit to the wrong person. Roger Cearns paid ALL the bills last year.

Anyway enough of this, yet again if anyone gives an opinion other than Len is God, they get shot down.

Let's just agree to disagree.

The important thing is the Kent Kings ride at CP for years to come.

Let's leave the posts now for people who want to discuss the possible team for next year.

That just about sums it up.Its the way me,a friend see it.And Waco it is understandable you will protect Len.But its like saying Alex Ferguson knew when he had done enough and got out.It has NOTHING to do with Rye House ,all we are saying is - WE WANT A TEAM IN KENT CALLED `KENT KINGS`which are separate and are not ATTACHED to Rye House etc.How is this possible with Len,John and Len`s Ex Wife standing at the Pit Gates saying you cannot go any further.And that included AWAY supporters.Great way to treat SUPPORTERS.

Nikko i have been full of praise for what you have done promoting the Kent Kings and ill agree Len has little knowledge of modern ideas in that respect ,But fans must realise that a new promotion must have an established person co promoting at least in the first season And obviously Roger knew Len was the best person to bring in to do the job I fully understand the conflict of interests that now exists with some Kent fans.. In thinking whether that will be resolved next season we will have to wait and see..So for now everyone can do their speculating for next year ..And i wish the Kent Kings and your good self well for the future...

This thread seems to have turned into one persons crusade to bad mouth Len Silver
Some snidey comments in there man
I don't hear Mr Cearns complaining about the way Kent is being run?

Edited by Hector Austin
  • Like 1

Having received abusing emails overnight I have removed my posts.

A forum should be about debate and opinions.

Clearly not allowed anymore.

I came off this forum for some time before because of abuse for having a different opinion.

Now it's happening again, more fool me.

Lesson learnt once and for all.

Fans complain that promoters are out of touch and through self interest and lack of new ideas are killing our sport.

You try and do something about it and get abuse.

Be careful what you wish for......

I came off this forum for some time before because of abuse for having a different opinion.

Fans complain that promoters are out of touch and through self interest and lack of new ideas are killing our sport.

Nikko - my sympathies. I am shocked to hear what has happened to you but it does not surprise me because I have had similar happenings in the past.

Your departure from the BSF is extremely sad. The trouble is that some Posters do not know how to conduct a debate in a dignified manner. When they start to lose the argument they start to get personal.

Over the years I have "crossed swords" many times with one well-known BSF Poster but neither of us has ever resorted to abusing the other. We have different opinions on many things and frequently "agree to differ" but essentially remain friends.

Please reconsider your decision. By withdrawing from the BSF you have helped your detractors whoever they may be - and I don't want to know - to an undeserved success.

Edited by Guest

VERY SAD.THERE REALLY ARE SOME SADDIES ON THIS FORUM.ALL I KNOW IS THAT WE ARE SINGING OFF THE SAME SONGSHEET.HOPEFULLY SEE YOU SOON SOMEWHERE AT SPEEDWAY.

Very sad.

Nikko i have been full of praise for what you have done promoting the Kent Kings and ill agree Len has little knowledge of modern ideas in that respect ,But fans must realise that a new promotion must have an established person co promoting at least in the first season And obviously Roger knew Len was the best person to bring in to do the job I fully understand the conflict of interests that now exists with some Kent fans.. In thinking whether that will be resolved next season we will have to wait and see..So for now everyone can do their speculating for next year ..And i wish the Kent Kings and your good self well for the future...

But wouldn't it have been better if the RH promotion had set up a corporate identity and then announced themselves as promoters of KK as well as RH?. That's all I'm saying I just wish sometimes the sport had a better image and these kind of things don't seem to help. Lets look forward to the new season with positivity.

On a positive note I thought the updates on the website were brilliant and even though a couple of errors once in a while they were always corrected and excused lets hope they continue next year

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1