British Speedway Forum

Kent Kings 2014

JamesM09

The negativity on here is shocking. We have in Central Park a brilliant new venue for Speedway.

Last winter the BSF was full of doom and gloom saying, with the 6.30pm start time no-one would turn up and those people were proven completely wrong.

Can I respectfully suggest that people stop with all this negative nonsense as it really isn't helpful.

Negativity is a point that I fully agree with. I would add to that those BSF members who "attack the Poster and NOT the Post" and seem to revel in doing so.

No-one said Mr Silver joined after the hard work was done by others!!!

What I am trying to get across is he didn't do everything, in fact on promoting the club, with the exception of one terrible radio interview he didn't promote the club at all.

How much promotion have you seen this offseason?

Yet again, any alternative view is shouted down as negative, it's not, it's a different viewpoint but let's all agree that everything is a bed of roses at CP and that promoting in 2014 in the same way as 1964 is the way to go!

Happy?

PS - With regards to the local press they have contacted me twice in the last few weeks and I have put them in touch with the stadium. They asked to interview me with both times in regards to the recent events and I declined saying that any quotes/interviews should come from the club.

PPS - a forum is a place for debate, and different viewpoints. With respect to Parsloes, as someone else has posted, will he ever post anything other than positive posts about the promotion? I don't know, but I do know that if the speedway promoters continue to ignore new ways of thinking and promoting their clubs this great sport of hours will continue to decline and that won't help anyone.

Edited by Nikko
  • Like 3

No-one said Mr Silver joined after the hard work was done by others!!!

I know you didn't say that Nikko, but it has been said - for example:

Len Silver offers to help a new venture, moves his own people in, alienating the enthusiasts who started the thing up in the first place. History repeating itself. I'm surprised anyone's surprised.

I have always found in the 60 odd years i have been involved with speedway in one way or another. That a successfull team of riders who also take an interest in their fans, promote themselves ,and the club, in many cases regardless of the promotion itself, and that will be the case with the kings if they win trophys this season and provide good entertainment,. and no one will be thinking about who the promoters are then..The riders are what matters in speedway and all the debate on here from the few ,,some of whom dont even attend Kent regularly, or at all !! ,,means little to the vast majority of fans who just want to see entertaining racing....Forget the negativity , If the team is strong this can be a season on the up ,for the Kent Kings ....

Edited by waco
  • Like 2

Kent desperetly need March 14 to arrive pdq if this thread is anything to go by!!!!!!
Time to move forward folks, put individual egos to the side hey, put the club first and be glad that after a lot of time da good people of Kentshire has a club to support
Get behind them I say and good luck to fans and promotion alikee

• Like 2

Have to say that I see Len fairly often and he is still a long way from forgetting his own name and still knows more about every aspect of Speedway than just about anybody you'll ever meet. I have no idea what goes on at Kent and it may be that Len is set in his ways but he ain't lost his marbles.

• Like 1

Have to say that I see Len fairly often and he is still a long way from forgetting his own name and still knows more about every aspect of Speedway than just about anybody you'll ever meet. I have no idea what goes on at Kent and it may be that Len is set in his ways but he ain't lost his marbles.

I tend to agree, age alone is no bar. However, in respect of experience, is it one years experience repeated 40 times or 40 years of learning and experience? I believe Len has run out of ideas, the days of 'leaping Len' have disappeared. Many old codgers still go forward and have encompassed technology, I do not see this aspect of age coming through with the Len setup.

Be interesting to see who the 2nd reserve will be. Is someone in the frame or will the promotion be hoping to find someone at the winter practices at Rye House?

Danny Philips has been mentioned on here,but is he not based in the North East?Makes it hardly unlikey if so?

Bank Holiday weekend meetings at Rye House are going to be run on Sunday afternoons in 2014, I'm guessing so as not to clash with Kings home meetings on Mondays

Edited by Shadders

Not so good if you attend Rye and Mildenhall ....Changing subject ,if we dont sign the last rider soon there wont be anyone well known left ,worth a carrot ,im beginning to think its going to be a training school rookie and they are waiting to find out the best of these..By all accounts Aaron Mogeridge is improving rapidly ,at Rye training school, and dad Alan would be invaluable in the pits ..

Edited by waco

Not so good if you attend Rye and Mildenhall ....Changing subject ,if we dont sign the last rider soon there wont be anyone well known left ,worth a carrot ,im beginning to think its going to be a training school rookie and they are waiting to find out the best of these..By all accounts Aaron Mogeridge is improving rapidly ,at Rye training school, and dad Alan would be invaluable in the pits ..

I have no quibbles over such a move, after all, the league is about bringing on young riders which is why I have chosen to get behind this new venture.

If done properly this would possibly provide a base of young Club stalwarts to go forward with Kent Kings into the Premier League. What a thought or am I chasing pink elephants, nay more like flying pigs. Ever onwards and upwards then, eh.

Well I’ve been reading the comments on here and all the squabbling that’s seems to be going on. I’ve also read on my friends Facebook all the squabbling that’s going on the Kent Speedway Group. Can I be reading about a speedway club here?

This is worse than being at school. Grown men behaving like spoilt kids. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but come on, some of the stuff I’m reading here is even more farcical than watching Eastenders!

If anyone has issues or they don’t like a set up then move on, its quite simple isn’t it? I was always told in my upbringing that you don’t wash your dirty linen in public, or words to that effect. What’s happened is certain people have issues with other people, wow, that’s the same in any walk of life. But to view these in public is damaging for Kent Speedway.

There are so many positives in the return to speedway in Kent. Yet the main focus of attention is the back stabbing that’s going on here. If some of this garbage I’ve read is to be believed [there’s no smoke without fire I guess] then quite frankly I despair.

I would urge those who are bitching at each other not to take the bait and reply.

I’m looking forward to the season opener, with or without the afore mentioned people to whom I don’t know any of them to talk to.

The track should have benefited from the first season’s racing and I expect to see some good meetings at Central Park in 2014. Simon Lambert will have a lot to live up to as a replacement for Rye House bound Steve Boxall, but he has the ability to become a big hitter at this level and sure he’ll be able to fill the departed Boxall’s steel shoe.

Let’s hope for a rain free season, a traffic jam free A2 from London and most importantly an injury free season for the Kent Kings and all riders though out the land

• Like 6

I have no quibbles over such a move, after all, the league is about bringing on young riders which is why I have chosen to get behind this new venture.

If done properly this would possibly provide a base of young Club stalwarts to go forward with Kent Kings into the Premier League. What a thought or am I chasing pink elephants, nay more like flying pigs. Ever onwards and upwards then, eh.

Premier League......If I remember right and sure will get corrected if i`am wrong but at start of of last season Roger said something about if a fan base was built and enough came though the gate it was something they consider...But then Len would have 2 clubs in same league

• Like 1

Well I’ve been reading the comments on here and all the squabbling that’s seems to be going on. I’ve also read on my friends Facebook all the squabbling that’s going on the Kent Speedway Group. Can I be reading about a speedway club here?

This is worse than being at school. Grown men behaving like spoilt kids. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but come on, some of the stuff I’m reading here is even more farcical than watching Eastenders!

If anyone has issues or they don’t like a set up then move on, its quite simple isn’t it? I was always told in my upbringing that you don’t wash your dirty linen in public, or words to that effect. What’s happened is certain people have issues with other people, wow, that’s the same in any walk of life. But to view these in public is damaging for Kent Speedway.

There are so many positives in the return to speedway in Kent. Yet the main focus of attention is the back stabbing that’s going on here. If some of this garbage I’ve read is to be believed [there’s no smoke without fire I guess] then quite frankly I despair.

I would urge those who are bitching at each other not to take the bait and reply.

I’m looking forward to the season opener, with or without the afore mentioned people to whom I don’t know any of them to talk to.

The track should have benefited from the first season’s racing and I expect to see some good meetings at Central Park in 2014. Simon Lambert will have a lot to live up to as a replacement for Rye House bound Steve Boxall, but he has the ability to become a big hitter at this level and sure he’ll be able to fill the departed Boxall’s steel shoe.

Let’s hope for a rain free season, a traffic jam free A2 from London and most importantly an injury free season for the Kent Kings and all riders though out the land

Fine post Dave man!

These folk really need to move on ya know, stop slagging Kent & Len Silver at ever corner

• Like 1

People HAVE moved on, on both sides.

And in that spirit, who would you like as the last reserve?

Cradley are still looking for a couple, so as Waco says above, will it be untried rider, or do the promotion have someone up their sleeves?

Edited by Nikko

Is that your dog in the picture Nikko, ,,really cute ,as you say its beginning to look like a trainee as the last rider ,,I had hoped we would sign Danny Phillips but on hearing he lives up north im doubtfull,,,would have given Kent a team that could challenge for honours ,,and who else is there, thats not a complete rookie?? any ideas ??

wud it be so bad as to give adam kirby another go? or has he moved on? only suggesting him cos hes had a seasons experience with us already and yeah even tho he had an up and down sort of season i think we saw enough in him to make me think at least thats he's got potential so long as he can become a bit more consistant? May get shot down for suggesting him but hey wat the heck lol!