British Speedway Forum

Kent Kings 2014

JamesM09

Good signing and a fairly local lad as well. I wish whoever posts the press release would check their facts though. The following is posted from the press release.

"Kent are delighted to announce the addition to their 2014 squad, teenager, Brandon Freemantle who appeared last season for the Isle of Wight and who made rapid improvement in the latter half of the season." He rode for the Islanders on the 2nd July, was injured and took no further part in racing in 2013. His average is only 3 though which is a steal.

What I find refreshing is the fact that Kent are naming there team , and not having all that long winded crap we had last season which I and most people were fed up with. I know it was to keep interest in the club waiting for the next rider release but it had the opposite affect on me. :mad:

Good signing of Brandon Freemantle will give Kent one strong reserve ..I believe if they can now sign Danny Phillips who according to one poster on here, might be difficult to come to terms with,, we would have two, and a team that could challenge for honours..Hope they dont spoil the team by signing a trainee who may not be ready,,We should know soon either way....Kelsey Dugard ?? showed promise and has the pedigree but is he old enough to race in the league ,? not sure on that one ?

Edited by waco

I see things were sorted out, good, Brandon could do well at CP.

6 down, 1 to go.

Was it the same situation as Basebys?Great signing.Spoke with his parents this year at CP,and they were saying he was not happy with his performance,although he had scored well.Sounds like he is really ambitious and hard on himself.

Kelsey Dugard ?? showed promise and has the pedigree but is he old enough to race in the league ,? not sure on that one ?

Kelsey must be old enough as he rode in that challenge match (for Wimbledon) at the latter end of last season..

Not sure who's older Kelsey or Connor Dugard...? Does Connor D. still ride?

Connor is the oldest dont think he rides much now ?,Not sure if that challenge match counts that Kelsey rode in ,he has to be 15 to ride in the league,???

Edited by waco

Thanks, so he is in fact able to ride in the League next season. Will he be the signing.? or will they go with some one ,who they have stated would be good enough for a top five place ,at reserve ?? Not long to find out...

You are correct.

The notion that Iwade might close because of no air fence has gained currency due to letter by Malcolm Simmons published in last week's Star.

I am fairly certain Iwade is NOT closing down and I am certain it (Iwade training track, that is) does NOT need to comply with the rule affecting league clubs about needing an air fence.

not according to graham arnold at iwade. at last seasons staging of the british youth championship it was announced that all licensed tracks needed an air fence to stage 500cc racing. smaller sized engines and unlicensed tracks like lydd will not be affected. i think that northside have already installed an air fence.

As things stand Sittingbourne ( Iwade) will not need an air fence for training or Amateur meetings, but it will mean a round of The British Youth Championship cannot be held unless an air fence is in place. As for Lydd they can do as they please as they are unlicensed. Sittingbourne (Iwade) is not closing down as work is about to take place shortly on track preparation, that is after the planned practice on Sunday 29th December at 11am weather permitting.

Will licensed riders still be able to ride at iwade in amateur meetings despite the track not having an air fence.

I see no reason why not either. Otherwise such a ban could also affect speedway riders competing in grass track meetings. So far as I see it, the compulsion for Air Fences only applies to meetings conducted on tracks in the Elite League, Premier League and National League.

I have not heard or read anywhere that there is an embargo on licensed riders competing elsewhere.

Edited by Guest