British Speedway Forum

No Sky Speedway = A New Opportunity

'Fraid so - and how. Says he thinking of the Belle Vue Meeting - I am STILL trying to get my head around THAT!!!

Its called our british Weather..

Instead a fixed-term deal has expired and not yet been renewed with it suggested that the new contact at Sky was not prepared to meet with GSI over a renewal, although it seems that a meeting had now been arranged.

There is a bit of a mystery in that the original Go-Speed apparently went into liquidation a while ago. If that was as the result of some agreement with the BSPA being terminated, then why would GSI be involved in negotiating a new contract...?

There is a bit of a mystery in that the original Go-Speed apparently went into liquidation a while ago. If that was as the result of some agreement with the BSPA being terminated, then why would GSI be involved in negotiating a new contract...?

While the BSF has been having hiccups the last couple of days I have been looking at the speedway races on a couple of clubs websites. If there is no tv the quality of some of these clips is good enough for a highlights package, obviously more clubs would have to follow the examples of some clubs. The Monarchs tv clips are good enough. A tv version of Radio Oxfords Planet Speedway with races being shown may be an answer.

The agreement could easily have been transferred from one legal entity to the other in the same way that a promoting company at a track can be replaced by another. Similar names and ownerships don't stop you having two legal entities and switching contracts from one to another. It's just speculation though unless you have access to privileged information.

Putting a company into liquidation and transferring business to another with a similar name and ownership is a pretty commonplace matter.

I accept your point but would rather see them than nothing at all, as not many clubs show races on their sites.

You might but it's the engineers at the stations who have the say.

I sense you're easily angered? :)

Sky hold the TV & Online rights to British Speedway in the UK as I understand, so it would be that contract that prevents the showing of races on a website, not GSI's.

Not easily angered RR - just fed up with the way Speedway Clubs seem to be hamstrung by the Authorities.

How good would it be to put a few clips of Meetings on your own Website - it would be a great advertisement for your Club - but no, it's not allowed.

No excuse now anyway regarding SKY - doesn't look as if they are going to renew their Contract with GSI anyway.

So.................................. bring on the 'Clips'.

Edited by The White Knight

Sounds like Speedway-Sky-Go Speed/Go Speed International have a closed shop, big secret to keep!! Why should clubs not be allowed to show appetiser clips on their own websites? Justcthe sort of bait/hook to capture potential new fans... Have you ever stumbled onto something online, via a short video clip and thought........hmmmmmm, that looks interesting and followed that up by either trying or going to watch whatever it was live if possible?? I know I have...

Not easily angered RR - just fed up with the way Speedway Clubs seem to be hamstrung by the Authorities.

How good would it be to put a few clips of Meetings on your own Website - it would be a great advertisement for your Club - but no, it's not allowed.

No excuse now anyway regarding SKY - doesn't look as if they are going to renew their Contract with GSI anyway.

So.................................. bring on the 'Clips'.

I was only messing TWK. My point being that Clubs aren't hamstrung by the authorities, they are hamstrung by contracts that they have entered into and have been readily paid for.

I was only messing TWK. My point being that Clubs aren't hamstrung by the authorities, they are hamstrung by contracts that they have entered into and have been readily paid for.

No problem. :):)

But, as I say - NO SKY = NO excuse. :blink:

Edited by The White Knight