Birmingham 2014

1. F Lindgren 8.94

2. D North 4.23

3. B Barker 6.47

4. K Wolbert 5.04

5. J Doyle 7.30

6. ??

7. ??

Lindgren not riding in the UK in 2014, Doyle said he won't be back and is a cert for Swindon, and good luck convincing the others considering the captain has just deserted the sinking ship.

Surely the fact that a meeting took place between King, Morris Drury and the other team owner Luty without the knowledge of AP i.e. in secret, suggests to me the problem may not lie with the commercial manager but with AP especially as he has already talked about standing down in the interest of the club!,,,,,,,,,,,,,, However I understand the Commercial manager has allegedly claimed that he virtually runs the club, this of course may be just bragging....but......Just read the article in the mail......... King states it is the worse season behind the scenes he has ever had, hinting the prob is with AP, CL and the Commercial manager You takes your choice as to where the prob lies but this is disaster for the Brummies we will be left with a team of has beens that no one else wants.. with the inevitable consequences..... all very sad

I also get the impression that Drury is less than happy but has another year of his contract to run!

Edit:- It could be that AP knew about the meeting and is just being a little crafty, we are in the dark regarding all of the politics within the club............... their may be some hidden agendas!

I get the impression that the commercial manager has always been a bit of a braggart and is quite a divisive character. I also keep an eye on cycle speedway websites and on one in particular, up until a year ago, he was a very regular poster; generally the tone could have been read as aggressive and insulting to anyone who had the temerity to hold a view different to his own. The challenge is the written word can always make things look worse than the spoken word. I read that he was banned from CS for a while; but I don't know why.

I do hope the issues at Birmingham are sorted out quickly such a great city deserves a well run and well supported speedway team.

• Like 1

looking forward to the battles of the two red & yellows with Lions and Brummies. More local derbies should help all the Midland teams

Erm... maybe The Wolverhampton Wolves, The Coventry Bees. The Leicester Lions and "The Heathens" on a home track not at Monmore Green will contest the EL midland derbies next year. :o:P:lol::D;)

Edited by Pirio Barre

I get the impression that the commercial manager has always been a bit of a braggart and is quite a divisive character. I also keep an eye on cycle speedway websites and on one in particular, up until a year ago, he was a very regular poster; generally the tone could have been read as aggressive and insulting to anyone who had the temerity to hold a view different to his own. The challenge is the written word can always make things look worse than the spoken word. I read that he was banned from CS for a while; but I don't know why.

I do hope the issues at Birmingham are sorted out quickly such a great city deserves a well run and well supported speedway team.

That's why so many folk have packed up posting on the Brummies Speedway forum ;)

Mattia Carpenese will be getting a call very shortly so I've been told!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Are you sure it isn't everyone's unhappy that Drury has another year of his contract to run.

No absolutely not. There is a huge difference between being unpopular but professional and being an absolute chuffing idiot. Drury may be unpopular with

some, but his track record shows that he is professional. You don't have to like people to work with them; likewise if people are openly hostile it makes it impossible to achieve a sustainable working relationship. I get the impression that the relationship between key managers at Birmingham has been quite vitriolic.

Is Gary Patchet and Mick Bratley set for a return as he`s left swindon

IMO I'd welcome back Bratters with open arms :t:

• Like 1

Joe McLaughlin the commercial manager has resigned with immediate effect!!!!

That move will back fire on the promotion. I doubt there is a better and hard working commercial manager in the business.

1. F Lindgren 8.94

I take it you have missed the press release that Fast Freddie wont be racing the EL this season?

IMO I'd welcome back Bratters with open arms :t:

Same here, was disappointed when Bratley left.

Cant see Gary Patchett returning didnt work out well for him last time , think he will focus solely on the Heathens next season.

Edited by Brummie Kev