British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2014

Pearson has just put on twitter buzcowski was a whisker away from a elite league contract last week

Interesting, ties in with another event about the same time...

I fancy trying Patryk Dudek if available?

Asking the top and "on the up" Polish riders to ride in the EL would be like asking Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerard to play parks football in Poland. Look at what they have got over there, the stadiums, the fans, the money, the adulation, and a sport that's taken seriously and competes on the world stage. Then look at what we have in this country. Let's get real eh?

There might be a chance with a journeyman rider who needs a bit more money, but they would not be the solution to Birmingham's problems.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Asking the top and "on the up" Polish riders to ride in the EL would be like asking Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerard to play parks football in Poland. Look at what they have got over there, the stadiums, the fans, the money, the adulation, and a sport that's taken seriously and competes on the world stage. Then look at what we have in this country. Let's get real eh?

There might be a chance with a journeyman rider who needs a bit more money, but they would not be the solution to Birmingham's problems.

That's a fair point tbh!

Bottom line is....Covatti will give his all for the cause,I'd rather watch him than Kennett, but unfortunately it's not going to have a big impact on our results !

We have to ditch King and bring in a consistent performer, whose equally as good away, as at home!

Stunning offer just been launched by the Brummies. Join their Privilege Club, numbers restricted to 100 and only costs £500 a year. Top of the list of benefits - £25 off your season ticket!! Can see there being a rush for this. Get yours before it's too late!!

Stunning offer just been launched by the Brummies. Join their Privilege Club, numbers restricted to 100 and only costs £500 a year. Top of the list of benefits - £25 off your season ticket!! Can see there being a rush for this. Get yours before it's too late!!

That has to be a P take right?

Guest GiveusaB

I guess its to fund our new No.1 signing? :t: I will take a closer look at this and then decide? I havent seen the email/advert?

Only 100 people? I see many disappointed people in the next few weeks (mainly the promotion when nobody takes up the offer!)

Bottom line is....Covatti will give his all for the cause,I'd rather watch him than Kennett, but unfortunately it's not going to have a big impact on our results !

I think this is a disgraceful move! What an indictment of British EL speedway in the Midlands - sacking a young British rider and replacing him with some mercenary foreigner!!!!

Absolutely disgusting behaviour!! :D:D:rofl::wink::wink:

So, who has a spare £500 then ?................ yep that's what I thought!

Even those that could would have reservations it would not be squandered based on the last 12 months.

Bottom line is Phillips doesn't have the bank balance to make speedway pay, he can't get in decent riders meaning he can't get in a decent crowd meaning it's a struggle to pay the bills and in a circle back to the riders again, there needs to be an initial sum to get decent riders in and start the chain I've mentioned going, it's this lack of initial sum from Phillip's that's the issue.

I can't afford it even if I wanted to, and I suspect 95% of supporters will say that too.

Edited by david2905

It really is amazing what some folk are prepared to spend their cash on. i have just been looking at the Briggo race jacket on e-bay, and whilst checking the sellers history noticed that someone had bid £910 to assist Middlo at the KK testimonial. The same person also bid £560 to assist Loram at the Havvy farewell meeting.. Must be very enthusiastic. :D

Maybe he has a car cleaning business. So what do you get for 500 notes ? Cant believe you would get both The Blues and Villa. :rofl: ...Then again.

25 million for the Blues, 200 mill for the Villa. Take your pick, bro!! :wink:

It really is amazing what some folk are prepared to spend their cash on. i have just been looking at the Briggo race jacket on e-bay, and whilst checking the sellers history noticed that someone had bid £910 to assist Middlo at the KK testimonial. The same person also bid £560 to assist Loram at the Havvy farewell meeting.. Must be very enthusiastic. :D

He is. And a damn good sponsor too!! :t:

• Like 1