British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2014

Have you not met Eddie Kennett then ?, someone with a vague hope of getting a point is an improvement.

Why do i have to have met Eddie to have an opinion?

The facts are that his average is still higher than Nico`s.

Is it harsh?? He is worse (in average) than any of the current top 5 he would replace!

Yes. What you've put in your reply is also true. What your original post implied (to me, anyway) was that Nico on his own isn't the answer to our current problems. I agree with you again. He isn't. But couple his signing with a recognised No1 (if budget constraints allow), that could well be the answer.

I can confirm it.

Drury wants to reunite the famous 2012 team, Smolinski is next

More frantic activity from the Drury Retirement Home eh? More top quality fare from the Minster of Crap.

Oh dear Covatti is not the answer.

He is worse (in average) than any of the current top 5 he would replace!

As a cost-cutting economy measure it's probably very astute. No loan fee to continue with as Covatti is a Brummies asset. What he'll score in the top 1-5 will be anyone's guess, maybe if he gets a point a meeting more than what Kennett, it's job done.

Why do i have to have met Eddie to have an opinion?

The facts are that his average is still higher than Nico`s.

But Covatti will score more points per meeting than Kennett, so why have a bloke on a 6.5 average scoring 3, when your own asset in a 4.5 average can do the same or even slightly better ?, higher averages are rather meaningless unless the rider is living up to that average.

Taking the 2 or so points from replacing Kennett with Covatti, combined with points other riders have dropped means you have quite a few to play with if you make another change.

Yes it would be harsh to drop Nermark, but I'm not convinced there is enough bottle to drop King in all honesty, Barkers performance at Poole has probably saved him and Scorno is meeting expectation.

Edited by david2905

It's a good move to bring Covatti, He has the 2012 winning mentality and he's top top lad to have in the pits.

Also look at Marcos Maidana last night, these Argentinians never give up and will continue to fight on the track for every point.

Edited by Liam Gallagher Fan
  • Like 1

I can confirm it.

Drury wants to reunite the famous 2012 team, Smolinski is next

I hate to tell you this, but Drury has gone. :wink:

Anyone else imaging one of them Hitler videos now? :D

Oh dear Covatti is not the answer.

Not on his own but Covatti for Kennett, plus some other 7 pointer for Barker or Nermark. Might work. Certainly nothing to lose.

Not on his own but Covatti for Kennett, plus some other 7 pointer for Barker or Nermark. Might work. Certainly nothing to lose.

Thats assuming Brum have money to spend on something `better`.

• Like 1

Thats assuming Brum have money to spend on something `better`.

Obviously. But at the same time, I'd imagine Covatti for Kennett is quite a saving on a per point basis and if they continue to lose at home they'll have nobody paying to watch them. So something has to give. Someone like Sundstrom or Buckkowski can't be that expensive surely?

Obviously. But at the same time, I'd imagine Covatti for Kennett is quite a saving on a per point basis and if they continue to lose at home they'll have nobody paying to watch them. So something has to give. Someone like Sundstrom or Buckkowski can't be that expensive surely?

Covatti as an asset should be cheaper but he wont be based here surely so surely those costs outway everything?

I doubt either of those you mentioned would come all that cheap - unless they really want to put themselves back on the EL map.