British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2014

Hi folks the tickets for the selco classic are for sale on Amazon and group on for £7 each I have just ordered myn wasnt going to bother with a busy and expensive first week but for £7 be silly not too

What a pity the pic accompanying the groupon offer is MX(?) and not speedway!

• Like 1

So the prices for the Selco Classic are:

£15.00 - on the gate

£13.10 - as 1/19th the price of a season ticket

£7.00 - if bought via Amazon Local
£6.50 - if bought as part of a pair of tickets via Groupon

£6.00 - if bought as part of a 4-ticket purchase via Groupon

£6.40 - if bought as part of a 10-ticket purchase via Groupon (work that one out)

And as with anything to do with speedway, it's a cock-up. Not only is the 10-person price a cock-up but as Kitten2502 pointed out, the Groupon promotion does not feature a photo of speedway or anything to do with the Brummies, but one of some MotoX'er doing MotoX stuff instead. How many feet have they got left, that they haven't shot themselves in yet?

Where's Brian the Confused.com robot when you need him to save you (ta-dah) pounds?

Oh, sorry I forgot...mustn't moan, must one? Sorry, this is a really good promotion, done really well...honest!

Edited by The Pedaler

£15.00 - on the gate

£6.40 - if bought as part of a 10-ticket purchase via Groupon (work that one out)

And as with anything to do with speedway, it's a cock-up. Not only is the 10-person price a cock-up but as Kitten2502 pointed out, the Groupon promotion does not feature a photo of speedway or anything to do with the Brummies, but one of some MotoX'er doing MotoX stuff instead. How many feet have they got left, that they haven't shot themselves in yet?

Where's Brian the Confused.com robot when you need him to save you (ta-dah) pounds?

Oh, sorry I forgot...mustn't moan, must one? Sorry, this is a really good promotion, done really well...honest!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Can you even imagine the vast swathes of groups of 10 people who were going to sign up for this one and now won't. Or, even worse, the tens of thousands who will pour in through the gate only to storm out as heat 1 comes to the tapes and they realise the bikes don't have rear suspension - final nail in the promotion's coffin I fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Kester

£15.00 - on the gate

Lets not applaud the promotion for PROMOTING tho eh? :neutral:

• Like 1

£15.00 - on the gate

Bad fan

Guys, you are right...this is speedway. Let's just do everything half-cocked. Just like everything else in the sport.

It's not the getting it right, it's the making the attempt that matters.

That's what we love so much about the sport and that's what's bound to make it succeed again.

Guys, you are right...this is speedway. Let's just do everything half-cocked. Just like everything else in the sport.

That's what we love so much about the sport and that's what's bound to make it succeed again.

This is what separates the perpetual whinger from the genuinely concerned fan.

Speedway is in poor shape and on an inexorable slide into oblivion. So lets try and address the factors that are causing that, not whinge and moan just for the sake of it and about things that aren't going to make any difference. Do you really think that if the picture is changed to a speedway bike, and the 10 ticket price reduced to £5.80 or whatever that more people will be there? Any of the offers listed for the meeting are reasonable value.

• Like 4

Well you have spent a lot of time whinging on about what you think is wrong. (Altho I feel that there are far more serious things that need addressing than what yo have whinged on about.) Lets see if you can come up with something constructive. Join us tonight on the sports tavern

As far as ticketing prices at Brum: -

We have the lowest EL ticket price (Lower than some PL clubs.) and lower than last year.

We have the lowest season ticket prices.Again lower than last year.

The Selco Classic was originally not included in the season ticket price but now is.

I don't believe Brum have a case to answer.

• Like 4

I suppose that it's being so cheerful that keeps you going, eh?

Slap in the face for season ticket holders again (are there any of them left any more?) - a season ticket costs £13.10 per meeting, based on the 19 fixtures pre-play-offs, but you can now get in for £7 instead.

And it's not the first time either. Last year someone buying tickets from the telephone hotline with all the 10% discounts and taking advantage of all the promotional offers on Groupon etc would have saved over £50 during the course of the season compared to the 2013 season ticket price. No wonder that the season ticket offer was extended, no-one was buying them, and who'd be surprised at that?

Not for me, I'm Brummies through and through, season ticket holder and proud of it. The management have kept the prices down we are the cheapest entrance fee in the Elite League and season ticket holders get a free full programme too.

I don't know who the hell you are Pedlar, certainly not a Brummies fan, I'm sick to death of hearing about your anti management posts your nothing but a keyboard bully spouting forth crap! Oh by the way the Seclo Classic is free to season ticket holders! Please feel free to crawl back under the rock you have slithered from! Up The Brummies

• Like 6

I don't know who the hell you are Pedlar, certainly not a Brummies fan, I'm sick to death of hearing about your anti management posts your nothing but a keyboard bully spouting forth crap! Oh by the way the Seclo Classic is free to season ticket holders! Please feel free to crawl back under the rock you have slithered from! Up The Brummies

I don't think anyone is taking The Pedaler seriously. Let them have their one person campaign of hot air.

It isn't like anyone is really thinking they have any point to make.

• Like 1

Havent been on for a while, glad to see all the happy posts, rock on people.

Two days away from watching speedway, cheer up you miserable gits its nearly back and another season of high jinks, great racing dull racing, rubbish riders, great riders and a british world champion, bring it on.

Happy days.

• Like 2

Havent been on for a while, glad to see all the happy posts, rock on people.

Two days away from watching speedway, cheer up you miserable gits its nearly back and another season of high jinks, great racing dull racing, rubbish riders, great riders and a british world champion, bring it on.

Happy days.

If you want to read despair, check out the Peterborough thread at the moment! :cry: