British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2014

What "loads of money" deal, precisely? IF any deal is announced, it will be for providing coverage, NOT sponsorship money. Now take away the loss of revenue that Sky nights create and you have to wonder who will actually want Sky on their patch messing the fans and the fixtures list around.

Loads of MONDAYS!!!! Please read carefully ;-)

Where did Steve say 'loads of money deal'?

:-)

So what we got points wise for our final rider and who we hoping it is ?

Or who do we think its going to be I'm assuming nico would be the cheapest option they could go for and I'm assuming he won't be riding in the uk otherwise so no loan fee for him..

It's not Nico and Birmingham may not be high up the estimated positions, but with a well balanced team and second strings that have reached 7+ averages in the past, they will be a diffcult team to beat, especially at home and can't see them getting many last places from their top five.

They start with an away trip to Wolverhampton and all the Brummies team have had good meetings at Monmore Green and Paul Starke certainly has home advantage on his side at reserve and I for one would not be suprised to see Brummies get a point on the board straigh away before entertaining the strong Belle Vue team then a trip to Eastbourne where few teams will get much from.

They may not get a flying start, but they will get points in places they may not be expected to get anything from and with a strong home record the Brummies could possibly be the dark horses again ....... maybe !!

agree birm will get pts where not expecting.......probably only by losing less than 6!

18 away matches with close results and even just 10 points added to points picked up at home should see them get at least 50 points and that's not wooden spoon material. I'm not saying they will be in the play off final or even the play offs, but dont under estimate what a strong and balanced top five could be capable of.

They do have a team that could be very inconsistant and no doubt in King and Barker they the "weakest" top two in the league and both will be up against better riders in most heats while Eddie Kennett certainly hasn't progressed over the last two seasons. .......... However they also have the two strongest second strings in the Elite League and with these featuring in four races along with reserves, that is a big plus for them.

In my opinion every team has a strong point and it's hard to predict who will be the teams struggling or leading the rest but I still feel it will come down largely to how well the reserves and second strings do in the six "easier" races.

• Like 1

I'd still be concerned about the strength of the reserves though, even though the top 5 is/will be potentially solid.

I disagree about top 5 being solid. There is no proper number 1 and also no real back up for King. Barker is injury prone and Kennett and King inconsistant esp Eddie. Only 5pts left for final rider. In my opinion looking very weak

• Like 1

They do have a team that could be very inconsistant and no doubt in King and Barker they the "weakest" top two in the league and both will be up against better riders in most heats while Eddie Kennett certainly hasn't progressed over the last two seasons. .......... However they also have the two strongest second strings in the Elite League and with these featuring in four races along with reserves, that is a big plus for them.

In my opinion every team has a strong point and it's hard to predict who will be the teams struggling or leading the rest but I still feel it will come down largely to how well the reserves and second strings do in the six "easier" races.

they have only signed one second string so how come they have got the best two in the league?

All these comments from these Bees fans---really put their noses out of joint last season didn't we--still i'm sure the will be back to their old arrogant selves--nearly as bad as Poole fans!! :-)

To be fair like Bees fans like Poole fans -- its just a few that make it worse for the rest.

All these comments from these Bees fans---really put their noses out of joint last season didn't we--still i'm sure the will be back to their old arrogant selves--nearly as bad as Poole fans!! :-)

I don't see lots of 'comments' (by that I presume negative ones) from Bees fans. Any comments that I have seen (like the one above from mdmc82) seem pretty well-balanced and reflect some of the concerns that, it would appear, are shared by many Brummies fans.

As for the 'noses out of joint' comment, I don't see how the Brummies results last season could possibly have concerned the Coventry fans. After all, at the end of the season, both teams won precisely nothing! So there was nothing for our noses to get put out of joint about! :lol:

• Like 2