British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2014

Eddie went missing after Heat 8 in most meetings even before the play offs.

As a coventry fan I have watched Eddie over the years and have still to see him turn up for a whole season. I dont think its that he doesnt try, its just that he is distracted by other things (and thats without PL commitments) and easily gets down on confidence. I personally was glad he wasnt back with the bees. At least when hes riding in Pl they will get priority so you will be able to use r/r

As a coventry fan I have watched Eddie over the years and have still to see him turn up for a whole season. I dont think its that he doesnt try, its just that he is distracted by other things (and thats without PL commitments) and easily gets down on confidence. I personally was glad he wasnt back with the bees. At least when hes riding in Pl they will get priority so you will be able to use r/r

Imagine the enthusiasm he`ll have if he doesn`t get paid...

TBF, his first season, 2009 he was very good. On a track he historically struggled at he come in, hit the ground running and scored good points all year and ended with an 8+ average.

So talks with the next rider are being held this week. Must admit the inclusion of Adam Skornicki would be a good move for a team that builds to be strong in all departments.

Skornicki would be a great addition for any side.

• Like 3

Has anyone noticed the lack of sponsors on the Brum website? Where's the money coming from to fund the travelling expenses of a pole? Is Skornicki going to be enough to draw in enough crowds to make up for the lost sponsors? Will Philips's nerve and bank account hold out long enough to last a season if the crowds don't come back??

Edited by The Pedaler