British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2014

And how lucky we are to have him. I don't know if there's still a list of Birmingham assets on the website, half of them were over 45 and the other half would make a decent NL team.

It's still there in all its, er, glory.

Lets be honest, on the Brummies list, only Danny King and Ludvig Lindgren are remotely of any use, quite why we retain so many retired riders and those without a hope in hell of making EL standard, I do not know, I woulden't mind so much if the PL/NL standard riders were kids who could amount to something in future, but I'm not sure a Rusty Harrison or Brent Werner can be classed as ones for the future!.

Lets be honest, on the Brummies list, only Danny King and Ludvig Lindgren are remotely of any use, quite why we retain so many retired riders and those without a hope in hell of making EL standard, I do not know, I woulden't mind so much if the PL/NL standard riders were kids who could amount to something in future, but I'm not sure a Rusty Harrison or Brent Werner can be classed as ones for the future!.

you forgot Nico.

Ollie Allen, The Drymls? How more horrific do we think the team could get - lets just sign Carpanese and be done with it.

Theres not much else left , it seems we have missed out on quite few riders, Drury said as much in the local press :( . Would have loved Peter Ljung at the Brummies, well gutted he signed for Leicester.

Also we cant sign any more D/U riders which rules out the likes of Wolbert. Wouldnt mind seeing Ulamek back at the Brummies, hes one rider yet to be fixed up.

I agree, the club in my opinion needs to address the asset base. I know the club has lost a lot of money the past two seasons which probably forced us to go back on the Barker deal and I get that we arnt in the postion to spend 20k on a rider. However surely we should be looking to the future and signing some of the talented young NL youngsters, because we would be in a prime postion in future EL drafts by having a protected asset. Also if they fulfil their talent then we have the option of selling them on for a good sum of money if we want. Whats the use of 30/40 year olds on our asset base, many which have retired?

I guess the Brummies 2013 season review DVD wasn't popular with the fans.... while chasing up an order Clean Cut Sports advised they have sold the grand total of 3 (!) copies

To be fair, the first time I have heard about this was reading your post . Think there should be something on the main site.

Maintained the average that Birmingham brought him in on though. You get what it says on the tin with Seb. A solid 6.5- 7 point rider who will win races at every track in the league......followed up by a last place behind a junior if he misses the gate.