British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2014

I don't pick the team but as a second string he would be a decent signing.

Did OK for Swindon in the first leg of the playoffs and was in the worst possible heat 14 in the second leg. You can blame that in Hans and batch's mouth for saying it was all over after the first leg.

He did nothing in Heat 8 or Heat 14 all season Steve & not just bombed out in the play offs & to blame Hans & Troy is really ridiculous as Kennett has been around along time & is the biggest choker I've ever seen in a Swindon Race jacket.

• Like 1

With Edward Kennett signed up that leaves 11.68 points for 2 places, could easily accommodate Josh Auty (4.90) and Ollie Allan (5.19) which would leave 1.59 points to play with

Edited by starshooter

With Edward Kennett signed up that leaves 11.68 points for 2 places, could easily accommodate Josh Auty (4.90) and Ollie Allan (5.19) which would leave 1.59 points to play with

Auty's out of the equation according to most people.

Looking at all the permutations so far, Sundstrom and A N Other at #2 looks the best option to me, would prefer Covatti, but with anyone other than Sundstrom, that's a very average looking 1-5.

Edited by david2905

How many double uppers do you want, you already have Barker and Eddie

I wish Eddie all the best at the Brummies, hope he does well but I think its a very disapointing signing. I dont see any improvement on that average as I think hes a 6.5 man at best imo, hes had two years where hes stagnated and it remains to be seen whether doubling up will be a benefit to him. He had a good 2011 before the silencer issue and he rode well at Perry Barr twice but Ive seen some awful showings in 2012 and 2013, will see whether Drury gets the best out of him.

We NEED another heatleader to fill one of the last 2 spots for us to be competitive next year but its hard to see who we are going to sign. Sundstrom I would have but isnt he riding in the Allsvenskan league next year which is Thursday nights in Sweden, dont know if he will be riding in England. So maybe two 5 pters and a top 3 of King, Barker and Kennett, would be disapointed with that. :cry:

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

Double edged sword really, the club have a strict budget but want supporters through the gates, folk wont pay £15 unless they feel they will get value for money, I hope Drury can fill the last two places with riders who are likely to improve rather than go backwards

• Like 1

Kennett will do ok at Brum, chances are that Drury will know what makes him tick....Kennetts good at looking as though he`s going to pass but never does....

That's a pretty good description of Eddie. :lol: Hope he does well at Birmingham though.

Double edged sword really, the club have a strict budget but want supporters through the gates, folk wont pay £15 unless they feel they will get value for money, I hope Drury can fill the last two places with riders who are likely to improve rather than go backwards

And there lies the problem for the Brummie promotion. You had a team that was up the top of the league almost all of last season and the support was still dreadful according to the promotion.

If money is short, they may be of the opinion of building a super cheap team and lose a 100 or so on the gate and be personally better off.

As a promotion, you would have to rethink what strategy is required to make more money. If challenging for the EL title isn't working to bring people in, then the other end of the scale must be thought with hopes being pinned on the quality of racing to improve.

Just a thought!!!!!

Kennett has an 8 point average in him. He's done it twice before. At worst he's a 6.5 rider so nothing lost really. Probably a decent signing for a cash strapped club.

Not a chance does he have an 8 point average in him now as he is always looking over his shoulder & bottles every ride that he doesn't partner a heat leader.

I was happy when he signed for Swindon but would never want him back as always went missing when a big ride was needed.

hi everyone, first time poster, just want to say that the birmingham line up looks really weak imo. barkers got a habi of fallin off and as for kennett thats a woefull signing. im thinking the wooden spoon awaits. what a diference a season makes :cry:

Thanks for that First Post rob240866, How can you award a wooden spoon when the Team is not complete! At least wait for the last 2 riders to be confirmed before you pass judgement

• Like 3