British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2014

. If not, then I would guess no Nico Covatti in the Brummies line up next year. To let Nico go elsewhere in my view would be a major mistake.

I disagree, as much as I love Nico I dont see him improving on that average starting in the main body. It seems that its full time Brummies or full time Premier League for him next year, I dont understand why if Graham wanted to include him its not with him riding in the PL too. Last season I think what hindered Nico was the fact he wasnt riding enough meetings in Europe just the Brummies really, he needed more meetings!

If theres no recoginised number 1 at Brum next year then rest of the top 5 must have potential of increasing their averages to compensate and imo Nico wont be strong enough.

Edited by Brummie Kev

Kennett is doubling up and I dont think Barker has signed for a PL team yet.

If BB does sign for a PL team and one of the reserves also rides for a PL team, what happens if the other reserve gets offered a PL place after the season has started ?

Does he have to reject the offer because Brummies already have 3 doubling up riders ?

It is not just a case of should we have Nico back or not, but rather who is a better option. The league will be weaker this year and Nico was getting some good scores, especially at home, before his injury. He has only completed one full season with the Brummies and I am expecting him to push on this year and see a good improvement in his average of at least 1.00 or 1.25. The question is, who else is available on a low average who has the potential to improve.

I feel if the Brummies let him go elsewhere this year then they will regret it.

Unfortunately, because to this new idea of including British Reserves in the top league, there has to be many riders from last year that can't be accommodated. How this will evolve in the future I don't know. But there is going to be a lot of good riders without a place this year. Covatti could be one of them.

This is one of reasons I feel including 2 Brit reserves was a little over the top, Probably we could have gone for 1 to start with, and increased it at a later date.

Hi, sorry to "butt in" on your thread, I am over from the Leicester thread!!

I fully support the 2 British reserves for this season, if it had gone with 1, I don't think that would have done enough...... If this seasin pans out and is a success with a handful perhaps making it into teams proper, then you could reduce to 1 British reserve, but I think them you would have to have a restriction on the main body of the team to accommodate the promoted reserves..... I think it had to be a radical restriction for the first year, and then if successful/unsuccessful, modify again accordingly... Then keep modifying until a more balanced top flight league is achieved, rhen you can remove all restrictions and it should then balance itself.....

• Like 1