British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2014

Danny King is BACK :)

Excellent news, retaining a British rider who will be one of the top riders under the new system, suggests the problem was indeed elsewhere than Alan Phillips if Danny's had a change of heart after the changes upstairs at Perry Barr.

Question is, does Phil Morris have thoughts along similar lines ?.

Danny King is BACK :)

There is a Father Christmas after all!!!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeee yes, yes, yes... great news time to party :party::drink:

Welcome back Danny .... Phil Morris next please........... and my faith in the management will be restored :D feeling more positive now :cheers:

The other good news is............. we failed to sign Nicholls....lucky escape

There is a Father Christmas after all!!!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeee yes, yes, yes... great news time to party :party::drink:

Welcome back Danny .... Phil Morris next please........... and my faith in the management will be restored :D feeling more positive now :cheers:

The other good news is............. we failed to sign Nicholls....lucky escape

Danny King > Scott Nicholls

Welcome back Cowboy :D , must admit the return of Danny has come as a great surprise to me. Didnt think he would return, especially given its been indicated that Phil Morris wont be back. It seems for Danny anyway that the problem person is not there anymore.

Good to at last have someone not leaving but staying that gives us a bit of stability for next year.

So with it being a near certainty that Ben will be back and Josh Auty unable to feature in Coventry's plans and given hes signed for Scunny, I think them will be back. Auty I have a few doubts given he didnt do that well at reserve last season but at the same time I felt he did better in the main body, where he will be next year.

Danny King 7.46

Ben Barker 6.46

Josh Auty 4.90

leaves 13.18 for the last two riders

Question then is will it be: 8/9 pter+ 4/5pter OR 7pter/ 6pter giving us a bit more strength in depth. My feeling is the strength in depth is the way we will go like its been the case in previous years.

Kenni Larsen is rider I would not be surprised to see at Perry Barr next year, Drury has tryed to sign him in the past. Newcastle or Coventry Asset?

Edited by Brummie Kev

8.45 Kenneth Bjerre

7.46 Daniel King

6.47 Ben Barker

4.90 Josh Auty or 4.79 Aaron Summers 4.79

4.50 Nicolas Covatti or Adam Roynon 4.63

Gives a decent top three and solid second strings

Pretty sure Coventry paid for Larsen in a full transfer because at the time I was hoping he was heading to Wolves but Bees got him.

Pretty sure Coventry paid for Larsen in a full transfer because at the time I was hoping he was heading to Wolves but Bees got him.

I thought the same but i do remember an article saying he stayed as a Newcastle asset before his first season with Coventry ended, i assumed Coventry didn't take up the option or changed there mind.

I thought the same but i do remember an article saying he stayed as a Newcastle asset before his first season with Coventry ended, i assumed Coventry didn't take up the option or changed there mind.

A bit of irony there as didn't Coventry moan like heck when Birmingham did the same last season with Ben Barker?.

A bit of irony there as didn't Coventry moan like heck when Birmingham did the same last season with Ben Barker?.

The Barker transfer was ordered by the authorities as we wanted him in side but Brum still didnt pay. Big difference between the two. Larsen was always a loan deal far as I know.

• Like 1

The Barker transfer was ordered by the authorities as we wanted him in side but Brum still didnt pay. Big difference between the two. Larsen was always a loan deal far as I know.

Thought the hype around the signing was one of him being an asset??

Thought the hype around the signing was one of him being an asset??

Far I can recall it was always going to be loan after 'the winter of discontent'. The change of ownership may have played a part IF their was an agreement after the 2011 season but not sure there was.