British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2014

More like Sergeant Wilson, mate!

Seriously though, it's been pretty tough being a Brummies fan since 2006. Off the top of my head, you've had the initial 3 year PP, the sweat of the renewal of that, going back to BCC for various tweaks, let alone some of the disasters on track over the years, the injury hit 2008 season for one. And now this. Makes you think if the supposed curse on Birmingham City extends to PB too.

Edited by OGT

Read more about the Soap Opera in the Speedway Star and the more I read, the more infuriated I get by it :mad: . Its a disgrace whats gone on, Morris was instrumental in our success last year and deserves like all the riders to get paid. In his meeting with Luty at the end of October, Luty was astounded with the things Phil told him. I mean hes was the co-owner for godsake and he has had no idea what went on, or did he know but tryed to dodge all the issues.

Phil was given a personal promise from Luty that the money he's owed would be sorted within 48 hrs of that meeting with Chris Luty, and as of the article in the Star he hasnt recieved that money. Artcle also states that Morris was prepared to stay under new ownership and it appears talks were under way on a takeover but they stalled which is why Morris quit when he did.

So I wonder whether Phil would come back even now if there were new owners at the Brummies. Whether it was all Chris Luty's fault and nothing to do with Phillips or vicer versa or anyone in the managment, at the end of the day Alan and Chris are in charge of the club and the buck stops with them. I really think they should step down and allow some other people to takeover the club, there seems to have been interest and really pray to god there still is.

How can we attract the best riders or sponsorship with whats gone on, they will know all the issues and will be releuctant to sign. We need new ownership, Morris to return and more of a postive feeling about the club and an end to all this nonsense!!!! :mad:

Edited by Brummie Kev

Skidder1, the article below the Morris one about King has Alan Phillips thoughts about whats gone on, so you are wrong. Chris Luty refused to give his thoughts when he resigned yesterday and Joe McL gave his reasons for resigning on the Brummies forum. So its not all about Morris, its just you seem to have a dislike for him!!

Edited by Brummie Kev

Read more about the Soap Opera in the Speedway Star and the more I read, the more infuriated I get by it :mad: . Its a disgrace whats gone on, Morris was instrumental in our success last year and deserves like all the riders to get paid. In his meeting with Luty at the end of October, Luty was astounded with the things Phil told him. I mean hes was the co-owner for godsake and he has had no idea what went on, or did he know but tryed to dodge all the issues.

Phil was given a personal promise from Luty that the money he's owed would be sorted within 48 hrs of that meeting with Chris Luty, and as of the article in the Star he hasnt recieved that money. Artcle also states that Morris was prepared to stay under new ownership and it appears talks were under way on a takeover but they stalled which is why Morris quit when he did.

So I wonder whether Phil would come back even now if there were new owners at the Brummies. Whether it was all Chris Luty's fault and nothing to do with Phillips or vicer versa or anyone in the managment, at the end of the day Alan and Chris are in charge of the club and the buck stops with them. I really think they should step down and allow some other people to takeover the club, there seems to have been interest and really pray to god there still is.

How can we attract the best riders or sponsorship with whats gone on, they will know all the issues and will be releuctant to sign. We need new ownership, Morris to return and more of a postive feeling about the club and an end to all this nonsense!!!! :mad:

This is what I can't understand BK, with the owners saying that they've been unaware of this,that and the other going on behind the scenes.Do they not communicate with each other? :blink: