British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

Strange move by the management in my opinion. Davies is a fine prospect and has come on leaps and bounds in the past two seasons. His partnership with Nick Morris at the OTA especially, was very entertaining.

Potential to add a point on his average next season I reckon. Got a feeling Plymouth may be lying in wait for what would be a terrific capture for them.

And so it has proved....

Think it's a bit bad the management leaving us hanging till Thursday to find out the team while half of last years lot have already signed for new teams! Just hope the management have something good up their sleeves.

Of the other riders that haven't moved on and any others linked to the club who do you reckon will be in the 2014 line up?

Doyle?

Morris?

B Kurtz?

Maybe the Rebels have plans for a two year plan, and are planning to put together a young team with the view to building a team for the next two seasons.

They certainly seem to have cornered the market in young Aussies so maybe a team like this one.

(1) Nick morris

(2) Jack Holder

(3) Corey Gathercole or Micky Dyer (maybe a move south could tempt him to shelf his retirement plans)

(4) Justin Sedgman

(5) Ollie Allen

(6) Todd Kurtz

(7) Brady Kurtz

Think it's a bit bad the management leaving us hanging till Thursday to find out the team while half of last years lot have already signed for new teams! Just hope the management have something good up their sleeves.

Our management generally DO have something up their sleeves. It was always going to be tough to build a team this year after dominating the Prem in 2013, we were something like 5 points over the limit I think. Alex was an awkward one because the majority of his average was gained at home, ok when you are a second string, however when you are a heat leader more productive returns away from home are needed. it was a no brainer that one of Jason, Josh or Nick would have to go, and hopefully it is only Josh.As for Kyle he had a poor season last year putting virtually nothing on his average,so maybe a change of scene will be good for him especially as he will be riding Elite in 2014.I wish all these lads all the best wherever they go,and they can be rest assured there will always be a big welcome for them when they come back to the OTA with their new teams.

• Like 1

And Lakeside a Friday night track !!

Bugger! back to the drawing board. :D

What is happening at Somerset 3 of the 7 2013 rebels have signed for other teams and they are the ones they should have kept

They didn't like the pasty and chips!

With Grajonek,Davies and Newman off to pastures new,every chance that Doyle wont be back,the Somerset team next year will be very different to the of 2013.

Rumours are that Seemond Stephens is coming out of retirement.

Our management generally DO have something up their sleeves. It was always going to be tough to build a team this year after dominating the Prem in 2013, we were something like 5 points over the limit I think. Alex was an awkward one because the majority of his average was gained at home, ok when you are a second string, however when you are a heat leader more productive returns away from home are needed. it was a no brainer that one of Jason, Josh or Nick would have to go, and hopefully it is only Josh.As for Kyle he had a poor season last year putting virtually nothing on his average,so maybe a change of scene will be good for him especially as he will be riding Elite in 2014.I wish all these lads all the best wherever they go,and they can be rest assured there will always be a big welcome for them when they come back to the OTA with their new teams.

Don't think Kyle had a poor season, he was riding at number 2 rather than reserve the previous season.

Im sure they do. Although im a little suprised that Gary has let both Kyle and Josh go.

Bugger! back to the drawing board. :D

They didn't like the pasty and chips!

Rumours are that Seemond Stephens is coming out of retirement.

Don't think Kyle had a poor season, he was riding at number 2 rather than reserve the previous season.

Kyle started on 5.31 and finished on 5.32, riding in the side he was in,I would have thought he would have been looking for something up near 6 ish. I take your point he moved into the main body of the team . but in three of his programmed rides he was with Jason Doyle, so I think an improvement of 0.01 could have been better.However I had him in my team for 2014 !

Have done some deep research and well what do people think of this lineup:

1. Nick Morris - will become (hopefully) the new Jason Doyle.

2. Todd Kurtz - could do with a different track as is capable of scoring higher than 4.92.

3. Olly Allen - injured for a period last season, won the PLRC could do with a season just at PL level.

4. Gino Manzares - has the talent, won the rob woffinden memorial beating no less than Jason Doyle, get him signed up now.

5. 8.35 - STUMPED, Rich Lawson? Kake Nieminen? Etc

6. Charles Wright - not much needs saying

7. Brady Kurtz - signed, sealed and delivered in my opinion.

what do you guys think?