British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

Well just to put your mind at rest, it's well known around the Oak Tree Arena that Nick, along with Jason Doyle are probably the two riders who are held in highest regard with the promotion - which has made the decisions over the winter months more difficult than ever.

Okay fair play the fact that they have got him in the team this quickly proves that they had it in the back of their mind that they were thinking about bringing him back sooner or later.

Makes you wonder what they would have done if Sheffield had followed up Nick Morris interest in joining Sheffield and signed Nick.

But that another thread.

No one is taking into account the average situation Somerset could have found themselves in if Ty had a slow start as his rolling average would have dropped after 4 matches i think. Replacements would have been very difficult to find and potentially would have wrecked the whole season for the team/club.

I think the actual problem is many of the non Somerset fans on here are just disappointted that they may not now get any chance to knock the reigning Champions!

From what i understand Nick was aware of the whole situation from start to finish regarding Brady and understood the outcome that occurred. It seems some people on here want to try and make out he isn't happy with how he was treated by Somerset when actually he understands why things happened as they did. His availability has now changed and it is a great move by Garry to get him back in a Rebels racejacket again and, although i wasn't there, it was met with mass approval from the Somerset sponsors and fans present yesterday once they got over the surprise of it all.

As Cliffeboy said earlier Garry isn't afraid to make the calls he sees fit and is backed by the promotion to do just that. His decision to bring in Charles last season, in mine and many other fans eyes, was the catalyst to fill the Oak Tree Trophy cabinet like they did.

:rofl::rofl: Love this quote !!! Nick Morris is no Jason Doyle and is well beatable, we'l show you when Josh comes back to Somerset in the Comets colours :approve: . You lot do keep me amused on sunny Sunday morning.

Watch out Mr Wright, I'm sure I've seen on this thread they want your head next so they can fit Alex Davies back in if he gets a visa and use the points they have from Kurtz's false average .

Who needs enemies when you have fans and promotion like the Rebels :P

You lot do keep me amused on sunny Sunday morning

The feeling's mutual........the 'Queen of Verbal Diarrhoea' strikes again :P

Watch out Mr Wright, I'm sure I've seen on this thread they want your head next so they can fit Alex Davies back in if he gets a visa and use the points they have from Kurtz's false average .

That quote alone shows how little you understand about the rules of Speedway, the UK border Agency surrounding the current visa situation, and the Somerset promotion. You really should learn the facts before you take to the keyboard............mind you it's never stopped you in the past, nor I doubt it will stop you in the future :wink:

You're doing a pretty good job for Worky yourself :t:

Edited by womble53
  • Like 5

:rofl::rofl: Love this quote !!! Nick Morris is no Jason Doyle and is well beatable, we'l show you when Josh comes back to Somerset in the Comets colours :approve: . You lot do keep me amused on sunny Sunday morning.

i have not read any say they want Charles out?

Oh dear i see there are some sour grapes from people out there especially Taylorj.

PA-THE-TIC - that's all i can say.

Read the reason behind the whole Proctor/ Morris situation and Brady situation rather than guessing which is what you all are doing. One other thing stop being obsessive about the Rebels and focus on the faults of your own clubs!!!!

Is this the same Charles Wright who was the main turning point in our season last year, helping us to go on and win the League and Cup double... Something that never happened in all the time he spent at Workington - he's more than welcome in our 2014 team thank you ;)

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 5

Oh dear i see there are some sour grapes from people out there especially Taylorj.

PA-THE-TIC - that's all i can say.

Read the reason behind the whole Proctor/ Morris situation and Brady situation rather than guessing which is what you all are doing. One other thing stop being obsessive about the Rebels and focus on the faults of your own clubs!!!!

No sour grapes here mate, just discussion, and opinion is that what a forum is all about.

Or is no one allowed to comment or ask any questions about another team.

Lets face it three changes to Somerset line up before a wheel has been turned gives people something to discuss.

Of course some will have stronger views than others, for me the whole Nick Morris thing has fascinated me with its twists and turns.

Well just to put your mind at rest, it's well known around the Oak Tree Arena that Nick, along with Jason Doyle are probably the two riders who are held in highest regard with the promotion - which has made the decisions over the winter months more difficult than ever.

I didn't know that!

Mic man Nigel taking a back seat this year from centre green duties.

If that's true, many thanks for all your efforts Nigel.

Is it true that riders will not wear team race suits this season?

We will see this season if Nick Morris is no Jason Doyle,maybe Josh will have a good meeting against us,one thing is for sure the OTA faithful will give him a big cheer regardless,not sure where you saw the thing about Wrighty`s head tbh.Apparantly Worky are early season favs with a lot of people for the title as we were last year,well we walked the walk let`s see if you can.I have to say that I feel we do not have the strength in depth side that we had last term, but I will love it if we get good results against you lot................bring it on.ha ha

Don't think any Rebels fan would have been disappointted to have Josh back but apparently the deal he had from Worky was to good to refuse. Good luck to the guy and to your promotion for paying him all that points money because we all know he will score plenty.

Can't see Josh getting anything other than cheers from the Somerset fans when he is back at the OTA. A very popular Rebel!

• Like 2

Only reason I could possibly think of is to pacify the haters which is a complete load of b££llo@@s but couldn't possibly find any other answer to that question

No real problem to me.

If Somerset have a difficult season then i`m sure there will be a sense of karma.

It is no issue to me anyway, we have a promotion who stick by the riders, instead of sticking a knife in their back.

Rebels fans wanted as many riders from 2013 as possible but circumstances meant that didn't happen. We will still cheer any rider that comes to the tapes,

No one knows what has happened at Somerset this close season bar the management so keyboard warriors, stop commenting on things you know nothing about.

As for bad mouthing us your welcome to come down to the oak tree and do it instead of behind a screen.

I feel that a lot of these keyboard crusaders take pleasure in knocking a successful team like Somerset or Poole not because they hate the team, promotion or the fans but because of the team’s success they think they have carte blanch to ridicule all concerned, maybe it their team’s where to have a lot of success then they might come in for the same treatment.

The one thing that can’t be knocked is the fact that Somerset & Poole have a rock solid promotion that care for their riders and let’s face it not many riders complain about pay & conditions with these promotions

• Like 3

I feel that a lot of these keyboard crusaders take pleasure in knocking a successful team like Somerset or Poole not because they hate the team, promotion or the fans but because of the team’s success they think they have carte blanch to ridicule all concerned, maybe it their team’s where to have a lot of success then they might come in for the same treatment.

The one thing that can’t be knocked is the fact that Somerset & Poole have a rock solid promotion that care for their riders and let’s face it not many riders complain about pay & conditions with these promotions

yup the really do that made 3 changes before a wheel has been turned really taking care of their riders that

• Like 1

To be fair of the three changes two were enforced upon the Somerset Promotion.

(1) When the Brady Kurtz average had to be change.(Forced)

(2) Jason Doyle visa (forced)

(3) Dropping Ty Proctor.

So really it was only one change.

I do think that the Ty Proctor was a harsh one, but some teams do operate like that and make changes at whim, and like any changes sometimes they pay off sometimes they don't.

At my own club Sheffield we have tended to operate a bit different over the years where riders have been given plenty of chance to sort out there form, mind you in saying that I think there have been times where we have hung on to riders to long.

I think though that some of the Somerset fans on here have been a little tad over sensitive.

I think though that some of the Somerset fans on here have been a little tad over sensitive.

Certainly not with you SK, as normally you take a more considered view, but there are some people in particular, who only ever post on Somerset threads in a vitriolic and negative manner, which does tend to ruffle the nasal hairs of some of our supporters :wink:

I do think that the Ty Proctor was a harsh one, but some teams do operate like that and make changes at whim, and like any changes sometimes they pay off sometimes they don't.

I'm fairly sure it wasn't done on a whim, but was a considered and well thought out decision. The original decision to let Nick Morris go was taken because of the large number of meetings he would potentially miss, as his intention was apparently to run in the World U21 individual Championship, and his absence would have only been covered by RR, as we still had Jason Doyle in the team at this point.

Doyley's visa issues looked like being sorted in Somerset's favour at that time, with no problems about him doubling up. Since then Nick has decided that he now won't go for the U21's, thus drastically reducing the number of meetings he will miss to a more manageable level, and not too far from the number that Ty would have missed.

At my own club Sheffield we have tended to operate a bit different over the years where riders have been given plenty of chance to sort out there form, mind you in saying that I think there have been times where we have hung on to riders to long.

This is probably also a possible factor in the Promotion's decision to let Ty go.

In 2011 Travis McGowan came in on a 9.09 average, from his previous season with Glasgow, and didn't fire at all, but the very same promotion, who are now being vilified, stuck with him. By the time they had decided that things were not improving, and he was released, his rolling average was down to 7.49, whilst his actual average for the season was down to a woeful 6.64, leaving them with a bit of a problem to find a replacement for a rider that had started the season as the out and out No 1

So with Ty's early season form being a long way off what was expected, maybe they felt that it was a case of 'once bitten twice shy'

Edited by womble53
  • Like 4

Certainly not with you SK, as normally you take a more considered view, but there are some people in particular, who only ever post on Somerset threads in a vitriolic and negative manner, which does tend to ruffle the nasal hairs of some of our supporters :wink:

I'm fairly sure it wasn't done on a whim, but was a considered and well thought out decision. The original decision to let Nick Morris go was taken because of the large number of meetings he would potentially miss, as his intention was apparently to run in the World U21 individual Championship, and his absence would have only been covered by RR, as we still had Jason Doyle in the team at this point.

Doyley's visa issues looked like being sorted in Somerset's favour at that time, with no problems about him doubling up. Since then Nick has decided that he now won't go for the U21's, thus drastically reducing the number of meetings he will miss to a more manageable level, and not too far from the number that Ty would have missed.

This is probably also a possible factor in the Promotion's decision to let Ty go.

In 2011 Travis McGowan came in on a 9.09 average, from his previous season with Glasgow, and didn't fire at all, but the very same promotion, who are now being vilified, stuck with him. By the time they had decided that things were not improving, and he was released, his rolling average was down to 7.49, whilst his actual average for the season was down to a woeful 6.64, leaving them with a bit of a problem to find a replacement for a rider that had started the season as the out and out No 1

So with Ty's early season form being a long way off what was expected, maybe they felt that it was a case of 'once bitten twice shy'

All fair comments.

Rebels fans wanted as many riders from 2013 as possible but circumstances meant that didn't happen. We will still cheer any rider that comes to the tapes,

No one knows what has happened at Somerset this close season bar the management so keyboard warriors, stop commenting on things you know nothing about.

As for bad mouthing us your welcome to come down to the oak tree and do it instead of behind a screen.

What you mean stop comment on things we know nothing about??

Ty Proctor was publicly dropped because " I felt it only right to restore him to the line-up, albeit being at Ty’s expense, plus I think that having Nick at No.1 will give us a more of a cutting edge at the top end of the team.”

Whilst Ty himself said he was told that it was because he was coming back from injury and wasn't expected to score many points.

So i am commenting on things in the public domain.

I usually have a lot of time for Somerset, the track and facilities are superb. Love my visits there.

Doesn't stop me thinking the decision made stinks.

The feeling's mutual........the 'Queen of Verbal Diarrhoea' strikes again :P

That quote alone shows how little you understand about the rules of Speedway, the UK border Agency surrounding the current visa situation, and the Somerset promotion. You really should learn the facts before you take to the keyboard............mind you it's never stopped you in the past, nor I doubt it will stop you in the future :wink:

You're doing a pretty good job for Worky yourself :t:

Nothing to do with the rules its called sarcasm, something you lot down there use quite often ;) but you are right it wont stop me in the future this is a forum after all.

Really !!! Worky fans and promotion stick by their riders we don't stick knives in . :t: