British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

Ah, Kujawa. Rode two heats very half heartedly and walked out.

People complaining he's been dropped before turning a wheel, the SRBF, the olympique, Mads testimonial and Havvys farewell don't count then?

No - he wasn't riding for the Rebels - as you well know that is what people meant!

You lot really are incredible :rolleyes: , dropping riders inches before the season star, then they wonder why his confidence will be shot. Surely Ty should have been given a chance in the league cup clashes before the league business. Would love to see what the team spirit is like down there, must be on tenderhooks all the time wondering if you're next for the chop !! Win at all costs , desperate , Morris is no Doyle and another loony on the track going by his antics at Leicester .

I pray this comes back to bite you on your posterior cos I will be laughing mine off :P:D

Desperado .......What a Song :approve:

Edited by Taylorj

No - he wasn't riding for the Rebels - as you well know that is what people meant!

The same goes for Nick Morris who originally had to make way after the Brady Kurtz fiasco. Now his availability has been drastically improved, as a member of our League winning team it seems only logical to reintroduce him.

Don't forget Ty Proctor was set to miss various matches also for the Rebels and his signing probably couldn't of been met with much more disapproval from Somerset fans who were desperate to see Nick Morris brought back - who just for the record, is very popular at the Oak Tree Arena. A promotion looking after their fans.

However..... The haters are going to hate!

• Like 2

The same goes for Nick Morris who originally had to make way after the Brady Kurtz fiasco. Now his availability has been drastically improved, as a member of our League winning team it seems only logical to reintroduce him.

Don't forget Ty Proctor was set to miss various matches also for the Rebels and his signing probably couldn't of been met with much more disapproval from Somerset fans who were desperate to see Nick Morris brought back - who just for the record, is very popular at the Oak Tree Arena. A promotion looking after their fans.

However..... The haters are going to hate!

You do have to wonder though how popular Nick is with the promotion.

They dropped him when the problems happened regarding Brady Kurtz average.

Then they over looked him when they found out that they were not able to use Jason Doyle through visa problems.

As you have pointed out on another thread he should have got the gig when Ty Proctor replaced Jason Doyle, personally I thought that was a strange decision and a slap in the face for Nick.

Edited by spin king

So he can only be crap when he has raced for Somerset. They're not able to look at the results of 4 meeting this season and see he would be lucky to score points as a second string this season? He's had 4 terrible meetings, he has shown nothing other than he is incable of scoring, it's hardly a shock he's been dropped.

I give him 6 weeks at Wolves.

Then they over looked him when they found out that they were not able to use Jason Doyle through visa problems.

As you have pointed out on another thread he should have got the gig when Ty Proctor replaced Jason Doyle, personally I thought that was a strange decision and a slap in the face for Nick.

Was it not also about the amount of matches Nick would miss the reason they went with Proctor ? If you read the Rebels press release on their site this has now been resolved. From start to finish the only person not kicking up a fuss is Nick himself.Does this sound like a person who feels he has been treated badly, don`t think so. I hope he and Ty have a great season.

Edited by Cliffeboy

Was it not also about the amount of matches Nick would miss the reason they went with Proctor ? If you read the Rebels press release on their site this has now been resolved. From start to finish the only person not kicking up a fuss is Nick himself.Does this sound like a person who feels he has been treated badly, don`t think so. I hope he and Ty have a great season.

To be fair I did not see the Somerset press release, but it will interesting to see how many meetings he will miss, to be honest I don't think that there has been a major fixture change or what ever the changes to his racing diary.

Did not Nick Morris, ask to be released from his contract from Swindon to sign for Sheffield the catalyst to that move was down to the Somerset Promotion, that suggests to me that the lad was upset.

But at the end of the day Nick now has a team place at Somerset where originally signed for which suggests that Somerset was where he really wanted to be.

I do feel for Proctor, bit of a knee jerk reaction dropping him, and I don't think that the Somerset Promotion come out of this smelling of roses, but they will do what they have to do to get success.

To be fair I did not see the Somerset press release, but it will interesting to see how many meetings he will miss, to be honest I don't think that there has been a major fixture change or what ever the changes to his racing diary.

Did not Nick Morris, ask to be released from his contract from Swindon to sign for Sheffield the catalyst to that move was down to the Somerset Promotion, that suggests to me that the lad was upset.

But at the end of the day Nick now has a team place at Somerset where originally signed for which suggests that Somerset was where he really wanted to be.

I do feel for Proctor, bit of a knee jerk reaction dropping him, and I don't think that the Somerset Promotion come out of this smelling of roses, but they will do what they have to do to get success.

I also feel a bit sorry for Proctor but this is the reality of Speedway in this country.I think you will find that most of the riders realize they will be replaced if they are not producing the goods. I know Ty has not even ridden for the Rebels yet,but early form has been poor from a bloke who is at No1 for the reigning champs and also replacing a Somerset legend. It`s a very tough gig even if you are on song.The success of Speedway at any track is reliant on bums on seats and you can guarantee more of them if your team is winning, so a successful promotion ( in my eyes ) must put together the best team it can to achieve that success.I`m afraid hurting a person`s feelings in the bigger picture does not come in to it.A rider from another team will have a bad start or get injured and Ty may be offered a place with them,so do we feel sorry for them,probably, but we understand why the promotion make the change.It is all swings and roundabouts.

On the subject of changes, The Rebels were struggling at reserve last season, Gary replaced the popular Neilsen with Wright which caused uproar on here, unfair blah blah,Wrighty turned out to be superb and without him I not sure we would have finished where we did.

• Like 3

No one is taking into account the average situation Somerset could have found themselves in if Ty had a slow start as his rolling average would have dropped after 4 matches i think. Replacements would have been very difficult to find and potentially would have wrecked the whole season for the team/club.

I think the actual problem is many of the non Somerset fans on here are just disappointted that they may not now get any chance to knock the reigning Champions!

From what i understand Nick was aware of the whole situation from start to finish regarding Brady and understood the outcome that occurred. It seems some people on here want to try and make out he isn't happy with how he was treated by Somerset when actually he understands why things happened as they did. His availability has now changed and it is a great move by Garry to get him back in a Rebels racejacket again and, although i wasn't there, it was met with mass approval from the Somerset sponsors and fans present yesterday once they got over the surprise of it all.

As Cliffeboy said earlier Garry isn't afraid to make the calls he sees fit and is backed by the promotion to do just that. His decision to bring in Charles last season, in mine and many other fans eyes, was the catalyst to fill the Oak Tree Trophy cabinet like they did.

• Like 1

The promoters pay the money and do what they think is right for their club to keep them challenging for silverware as we seen at the back end of last season.I suspect most if not all Rebel fans will be pleased Nick has signed if he was not happy he would not have signed good luck to him.

• Like 2

You clearly know nothing how the Wolves promotion work.

Ty will come good, with the right respect and attitude by the fans and the management.

I really hope he does as he was going great guns for you until he got injured,although not so clever for Plymouth, however it remains to be seen if they will stick with him if the scores do not happen.For my part I hope he gets back to where he was at that time.

Well just to put your mind at rest, it's well known around the Oak Tree Arena that Nick, along with Jason Doyle are probably the two riders who are held in highest regard with the promotion - which has made the decisions over the winter months more difficult than ever.