British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

That's not as good as what you said at all - English Roundabout unless I am mistaken is disagreeing with your view that a team manager can play a massive part in proceedings.

Riders should be self motivated, and if they aren't they are in the wrong job.

Should do, but it doesn't always happen.

I see the club are looking for a match night DJ, one can only hope that the previous dire and

un-inspirational offerings of music, will be improved. I have to say towards the end of last season the volume improved and you could actually hear the music from the home straight banking, whereas before you had to be standing next to or in front of the judges box.

Also an old chestnut of mine, is that nobody will agree that the jingles we used to have, added to the entertainment, and broke the hushed silence of the crowd.

I see the club are looking for a match night DJ, one can only hope that the previous dire and

un-inspirational offerings of music, will be improved. I have to say towards the end of last season the volume improved and you could actually hear the music from the home straight banking, whereas before you had to be standing next to or in front of the judges box.

Also an old chestnut of mine, is that nobody will agree that the jingles we used to have, added to the entertainment, and broke the hushed silence of the crowd.

I do feel the music, if thats what you call it, in the club house could be toned down a bit during the meeting. Perhaps it could be an idea if it could be done, to have the speakers by the big screen attached to the outside speakers, obviously turned down low, so people who don't want to venture outside can watch the meeting on the screen and here the anouncer. Then once the meeting is over then the "music" Could be turned on again. Untill anouncements are made. ie rider of the night etc.

I do feel the music, if thats what you call it, in the club house could be toned down a bit during the meeting. Perhaps it could be an idea if it could be done, to have the speakers by the big screen attached to the outside speakers, obviously turned down low, so people who don't want to venture outside can watch the meeting on the screen and here the anouncer. Then once the meeting is over then the "music" Could be turned on again. Untill anouncements are made. ie rider of the night etc.

Bring back Greg Daniels, not a great rider but he could certainly make the OTA rock with his music presentation

Edited by starshooter

Bring back Greg Daniels, not a great rider but he could certainly make the OTA rock with his music presentation

Has he got a brother called Jack!! :D

i know he has a cousin called paul

And i know what he says about Speedway, you'l like it, not a lot but you'l like it.. :D

No posts on here for a few days now,do people like us now?!!

I wouldn't worry about it, nobody likes us, {poole} but its water off a ducks back. Its called Jealousy. You stick with Garry May, he won't let you down..

I wouldn't worry about it, nobody likes us, {poole} but its water off a ducks back. Its called Jealousy. You stick with Garry May, he won't let you down..

You are not his Agent are you Starman 2006? ;)

No, it's not jealousy - Poole fans just say that to make themselves feel better. It's dislike.

Over the years I have seen many teams rise to dominance in the sport, Belle Vue, Ipswich, Coventry, Cradley Heath, and others. I have never known such dislike shown to them as that shown to Poole. It's notv about the winning - someone has to, but it's the way in which that success ha\s been achieved.

I'm not jealous of a team involved in the farcical match at Swindon when Poole blatantly threw races to keep their averages down. I'm certainly not jealous of a team involved in the disgrace at Belle Vue last year.

I'm not jealous of the constant manipulation and constant protestations of innocence.

I'm not jealous of a team whose previous good name is regularly dragged through the mud by the stupidity of two of its supporters.

I'm certainly not jealous of idiots who jeer and snipe at others about how successful they are and how everybody hates them because they're jealous.

No the word isn't jealousy, it's pity,

It's such a shame that one is now importing his ignorance into the Premier League and poisoning a rather enjoyable level of speedway. Hopefully if the wins disappear so will he.

It really isn't fair on a great club like Somerset that this individual should attach himself to it.

Edited by rmc