British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

With the magician may in charge anything's possible ..........#still believing

Keep believing Tim. Garry won't let you down..

• Like 2

Is it really about Garry May Starman? I'm not so sure.

Whatever Garry wants normally Debbie will agree with. Debbie trusts Garrys judgement..

Edited by Starman2006

With 5 of the championship winning team missing this year, there must be one hell of a lot of faith. Hope you are right.

Garry's normally right, in the long Run..

Certainly last year he was. Remains to be seen this year, although unlike quite few others on here, I actually quite like the look of the side. A good mixture of youth and experience. The young Aussie will be an absolute treat to watch around the OTA I reckon.

Nothing magical about the team hes put together todd is only hn the team to get brady,morris got the flick to accomadate brady,aspgren comes in to replace morris obviously 2nd choice as was the signing of proctor some magician lol !

I think you will find that Brady was pencilled in last season but because of his age was a non starter, don`t think Todd was considered then however. You are probably right about Nick though, but as for Proctor that was only through Doyleys visa cock up,hardly Gary`s fault. Let see how the season pans out before we judge whether he has got it right or wrong, one thing is for sure he will not be scared to make un popular decisions for the sake of the club.

So do most if not ALL the rebels faithful 110% we haven't nicknamed him the magician for nothing. I spent a lot of time in the last 2 seasons watching/observing/learning and despite thinking I know what's what there is always a suprise or 3 up Gazzas sleeve and IMO the man's a tactical genius

I 100% agree with your last line - however a team manager can do very little nowadays once a meeting has started.

No one has ever doubted Gary's tactical ability, that has never come into question - the overall ability of the 7 riders now lining up for Somerset has come into question though amongst the majority of fans after seeing our 1-7 near enough completely demolished.

For what it's worth I think both Brady and Todd Kurtz are fantastic signings, and Charles Wright was a must after the way he finished last year. Oliver Allen is a good signing assuming he can stay injury free, whilst Paul Starke has shown promise. The biggest question marks are over Ty Proctor who has massive pressure on him and Pontus Aspegren - who I actually think is a poor signing.

I 100% agree with your last line - however a team manager can do very little nowadays once a meeting has started.

Not quite true Najjar. A manager can have a massive influence in the pits during the meeting. Only when riders get out on the track its out of his hands..

Not quite true Najjar. A manager can have a massive influence in the pits during the meeting. Only when riders get out on the track its out of his hands..

Even the most inspirational and motivational team manager cannot prevent riders performing poorly if their machinery is not up to scratch.

Rossiter is touted as one of the more inspirational managers, yet in 2007 he had easily the best and most talented team in the Elite league, but at the end of the season the Robins were simply outgunned, out fought and out ridden by Coventry in all three competitions.

Even the most inspirational and motivational team manager cannot prevent riders performing poorly if their machinery is not up to scratch.

As good as what i said, they have no control once the rider is out on the track. Same as if a Jockey doesn't ride to orders. He won't get the ride again, but there's bugger all, you can do about it at the time..

Edited by Starman2006

As good as what i said, they have no control once the rider is out on the track. Same as if a Jockey doesn't ride to orders. He won't get the ride again, but there's bugger all, you can do about it at the time..

That's not as good as what you said at all - English Roundabout unless I am mistaken is disagreeing with your view that a team manager can play a massive part in proceedings.

Riders should be self motivated, and if they aren't they are in the wrong job.