British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

Take it Garry told you that or did you dream it up?

Not sure it was just a better offer but an amazing one he couldn't refuse! Good luck to Josh at Worky.

None of the 2013 riders have left on bad terms as far as i am aware and all would be the first ones to phone should the Rebels need a guest during the season. (maybe not Alex now though!)

Edited by drew2
  • Like 1

Hahaha!!! Love this , you have the cheek to comment about other teams performances when yours is a bit if a joke at the min . No Doyle, egg on faces after Kurtz was given his second proper average (should be 7.00) . So if Golden Balls is treat the same as the other poor Aussies who haven't got visas ie. Davies and Nelson , Somerset could be facing a pretty average season. See ya in the Pairs where Josh / Kyle,Rene,Ricky can take the honours without the help of a tractor ;))))) .

#WE BELIEVE. ;)

Give us a break 'Taylorj'. You don't half enjoy sticking the knife in when we are down (or up -- infact at any time).

I would imagine winning the League probably cost us very dear as other clubs have found and as such were unable to offer signature securing deals to all the riders we really wanted, so think yourself lucky that you actually got Josh. Perhaps if you do win the League (which I think may well be a reality) your promotion will find it as much of a burden than it is a blessing.

Now go and cool down with a nice swim in the pool with all those highly radioactive caskets you have up there and leave us Rebels to worry about the season ahead.

• Like 1

Not sure it was just a better offer but an amazing one he couldn't refuse! Good luck to Josh at Worky.

None of the 2013 riders have left on bad terms as far as i am aware and all would be the first ones to phone should the Rebels need a guest during the season. (maybe not Alex now though!)

That's the slightly concerning thing, after such a successful season we might be only welcoming Charles Wright back, who only rode a handful of League matches for us last year. Continuety is key and we have absolute zilch, especially if Doyle doesn't make it across - which seems to be getting more and more unlikely.

What do you believe in?? :)

God of course :);)

Give us a break 'Taylorj'. You don't half enjoy sticking the knife in when we are down (or up -- infact at any time).

I would imagine winning the League probably cost us very dear as other clubs have found and as such were unable to offer signature securing deals to all the riders we really wanted, so think yourself lucky that you actually got Josh. Perhaps if you do win the League (which I think may well be a reality) your promotion will find it as much of a burden than it is a blessing.

Now go and cool down with a nice swim in the pool with all those highly radioactive caskets you have up there and leave us Rebels to worry about the season ahead.

I'l give you a break when your pal Najjer stops posting arrogant remarks like Josh winning nothing with Workington . :approve:

I'm being told Kauko Nieminen is to replace Jason Doyle in the Somerset line up

Isnt his average about 2 points lower?

That's the slightly concerning thing, after such a successful season we might be only welcoming Charles Wright back, who only rode a handful of League matches for us last year. Continuety is key and we have absolute zilch, especially if Doyle doesn't make it across - which seems to be getting more and more unlikely.

Najjer. Just have faith in Garry. And that applies to all Somerset fans.

I'm being told Kauko Nieminen is to replace Jason Doyle in the Somerset line up

Oh help different to what I heard, but will have to wait and see

If this appears to be the case and Doyle isn't able to line up for us, lets hope that Aspegren is soon bombed out without even riding for us and sign another near 8 pointer in his place.

Starting the season so far under the points limit is not an option.

Najjer. Just have faith in Garry. And that applies to all Somerset fans.

Never stopped having faith, but being nearly February and the team plans still up in the air, it's no wonder fans are starting to get a little restless.

Great forward planning if so. It means they won't have to change the team again when Brady Kurtz finally gets the correct average.

I thought someone had already quoted the rulebook on here which confirms Brady should be a 5.00.

I can't remember which poster it was and don't have the time or the patience to scroll back to find it - although I recall SCB saying the wording is up for manipulation, meaning the 5.00 is perfectly acceptable.

If you read this weeks Speedway Star, the BSPA statement is that Doyle should have obtained a 3 year visa. The BSPA were aware of the legislation and every club was told what to do several times. At the moment it's Doyle, Alex Davies, Ryan Douglas, Tyson Nelson and Joey Ringwood who are affected.

In 2014 Somerset are to be renamed The Rye House Rebels, or The Somerset Select Rebels, a decision will be made in the next few weeks.