British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

Well now the season is over ( and what a season ), here`s my take on next years team. Like most people I think Doyley will go full time Elite, he is far to good at Prem level now and I wish him all the very best in the future.He will go down as our most successful rider to date, I now put him above Zorro.

1. Nick Morris 8.84

2. Kyle Newman 5.32

3. Alex Davies 7.38

4. Brady Kurtz 5.00

5. Josh Grajoznek 8.41

6. Charles Wright 4.30

7. Lewis Rose. 3.00

42.25. Total

This is assuming a 42.50 limit.

I think Brady would come in on a 3.

Yes young kurtz has British grandparents I believe so would definitely come in on a 3 those 2 extra points could make all the difference imo

It has been debated on another thread and the fact that he has ridden in the top Danish League already may have an impact on his starting average. Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

The rule stipulated that Brady couldn't get patriality until he was 17 I believe. If he had rode in the UK prior to turning 17 he would not have not got the 3 point assessed average. Hence the wait. Its a slightly different scenario to the kids with full patriality via parents (rather than grand parents) who can come in on a 3 point average (at 15 for NL or 16 PL).

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson

The rule stipulated that Brady couldn't get patriality until he was 17 I believe. If he had rode in the UK prior to turning 17 he would not have not got the 3 point assessed average. Hence the wait. Its a slightly different scenario to the kids with full patriality via parents (rather than grand parents) who can come in on a 3 point average (at 15 for NL or 16 PL).

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up. Hope that if he takes advantage of a 3 point starting average he will also commit to racing as a British rider.

• Like 1

My wish list team depends if Doyle wants to stay in Premier and double up, I cannot see why he would not want to do that as more meetings = more pay. Charles Wright is a must signing as he can only improve and rides well home and away, so I would have to leave out Newman and Davies. Kyle Newman has improved and has done well coming from reserve in 2012 to the difficult number two slot this year, however to keep our top three, reluctantly he will have to go. Alex Davies is an easier choice to lose, his home form is good but he has the biggest difference in home and away averages than any other member of the team, a 3.12 points difference. If we are to try and win trophies again, we need riders who can perform away and I think a change of club would benefit Alex. Plymouths Todd Kurtz would fit into the averages left, and reading in between the lines in The Star, he does not seem to be on Plymouths wanted list. I have not counted the British rider reduction as cannot remember what it is.

So my final top seven are:

Jason Doyle 9-79

Todd Kurtz 4-92

Nick Morris 8-84

Charles Wright 4-30

Richard Lawson 8-28

Brady Kurtz 3-00

A N Other 3-00

TOTAL 42-13

If Doyle does not come back then we could just keep the rest of the team and keep Wright at reserve, with 12-76 to play with for two A N Other's.

Nick Morris 8-84

Kyle Newman 5-32

A N Other

A N Other

Richard Lawson 8-28

Charles Wright 4-30

Brady Kurtz 3-00

Have amended my original forecast on 4th November and also deleted Josh from my original list and inserted Lawson

Edited by oldtimer

My wish list team depends if Doyle wants to stay in Premier and double up, I cannot see why he would not want to do that as more meetings = more pay. If Doyle stays we can keep our three heat leaders Doyle, Morris and Grajczonek by letting two riders go. Charles Wright is a must signing as he can only improve and rides well home and away, so I would have to leave out Newman and Davies. Kyle Newman has improved and has done well coming from reserve in 2012 to the difficult number two slot this year, however to keep our top three, reluctantly he will have to go. Alex Davies is an easier choice to lose, his home form is good but he has the biggest difference in home and away averages than any other member of the team, a 3.12 points difference. If we are to try and win trophies again, we need riders who can perform away and I think a change of club would benefit Alex. Plymouths Todd Kurtz would fit into the averages left, and reading in between the lines in The Star, he does not seem to be on Plymouths wanted list. I have not counted the British rider reduction as cannot remember what it is.

So my final top seven are:

Jason Doyle 9-79

Todd Kurtz 4-92

Nick Morris 8-84

Charles Wright 4-30

Josh Grajczonek 8-41

Brady Kurtz 3-00

A N Other 3-00

TOTAL 42-26

If Doyle does not come back then we could just keep the rest of the team and keep Wright at reserve, with 5-25 to play with for A N Other.

Nick Morris 8-84

Kyle Newman 5-32

Alex Davies 7-38

A N Other 5-25

Josh Gralczonek 8-41

Charles Wright 4-30

Brady Kurtz 3-00

It does not exist now, ruled apparently illegal.

I'm sorry but I don't see how Brady can come in on a 3, no offence to the lad as have never met him but he has done aussie u21, Danish el, and last of all I don't understand how you can be a 5 in 2013 then a 3 a year later. Let's be real he will have no allegiance to gb.

I'm sorry but I don't see how Brady can come in on a 3, no offence to the lad as have never met him but he has done aussie u21, Danish el, and last of all I don't understand how you can be a 5 in 2013 then a 3 a year later. Let's be real he will have no allegiance to gb.

If he can only come in on a 5 I would put him in against A N Other on my second list, and find another 3 point reserve.

J Doyle 9.79

C Wright 4.30

M Zetterstrom 7.54

K Newman 5.32

j Grajczonek 8.41

C Schramm 3.52/ B Kurtz (3.00)

O Greenwood 3.00

my usual nonsense team I know there is no chance in it but that would be an wven better head trio than this current one.

Have to agree, nonsense..lol. That really is a terrible team.
  • Like 2