British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

Hearing a big whisper that Doyle has had his visa turned down and BSPA not backing him

It looks like dad's army instead of speedway, although event does not start until the Sunday, assume setting things up on Friday.

Will Brady be in the World Under 21 Championship in 2014 or is he too young to qualify?

I think this is a bit bigger than you imagine Oldtimer and they will have a few days of setting up camp, digging trenches etc!

is brady a brit or a aussie,or does he get a choice?

Depends which he gets in on an lower average... :o

Nick Morris ?????????

Well, if the Doyley episode is correct, i think Garry shoud either swallow his pride and ask Nick to go back, saying whats true, it was circumtances, or sign Patrik Houguaard.. If he can get him in, but i think he'd be a 10 ave.

Edited by Starman2006

if doyley is going to be a no show how about a re think of the team with maybe 2 or 3 changes just an idea but how about

nick morris 8.84

magnus karlsson 8.40

olly allen 8.09

brady kurtz 5.00

todd kurtz 4.86

charles wright 4.30

james sarjeant/max clegg 3.00

total 42.49

I feel that if the BSPA will not back Jason Doyle to obtain a T5 visa then the whole management committee should resign en-block and allow people in who know how to run a business.

Jason Doyle, like Sam Masters & Mason Compton last year will put bums on seats and money in the clubs coffers and it dose nothing to help British riders at all.

I would love to see things from a BSPA Management Committee perspective but unfortunately I am unable to get my head that far up my arse.

LET COMMON SENSE PREVALE

• Like 1

I feel that if the BSPA will not back Jason Doyle to obtain a T5 visa then the whole management committee should resign en-block and allow people in who know how to run a business.

Jason Doyle, like Sam Masters & Mason Compton last year will put bums on seats and money in the clubs coffers and it dose nothing to help British riders at all.

I would love to see things from a BSPA Management Committee perspective but unfortunately I am unable to get my head that far up my arse.

LET COMMON SENSE PREVALE

Its not he BSPa who are rejecting his visa <personal remarks removed by mod>. Its the government and as powerful as some at the BSPa like to think they are, they're nothing compared to the government. If visa cannot be extended one they have expired and you cannot apply until 12 months have passed then thats Jason own fault and its up to Jason and MA (The Aussie version of the ACU I believe() to make sure it doesn't happen.

Its not he BSPa who are rejecting his visa <personal remarks removed by mod>. Its the government and as powerful as some at the BSPa like to think they are, they're nothing compared to the government. If visa cannot be extended one they have expired and you cannot apply until 12 months have passed then thats Jason own fault and its up to Jason and MA (The Aussie version of the ACU I believe() to make sure it doesn't happen.

As people know I am no fan of the BSPA or the MC but surely the fault here totally lies with Doyle.

• Like 3

And in Jason Doyle's own words that he has "applied for a T5 visa (Temporary visa for sports personal) and that he needed the backing & support of the BSPA to obtain this visa it is not up to Motorcycling Australia to support this application but the BSPA as he is requesting to ride in this country

TWEET FROM Jason ON 17TH January Reads "Jason Doyle @Jasondoyle43 Jan 17

Well it's all down to the Bspa to allow me to use a tier 5 visa hope they can sort it. "

Good luck Jason

Edited by starshooter

Why should Doyle be treat any different to poor Masters and Campton last year :mad: , all this 'he is British Speedway' rubbish :D . HE hasnt been careful enough to make sure what happened to them last season wouldn't happen to him so imo might have to sit out the season like they unfortunately had too. If its good for the goose its good for the gander !!!

• Like 5

LET COMMON SENSE PREVALE

common sense is sorting your visa in plenty time knowing the rules/ criteria and making sure your well prepared surely??
  • Like 9

Why should Doyle be treat any different to poor Masters and Campton last year :mad: , all this 'he is British Speedway' rubbish :D . HE hasnt been careful enough to make sure what happened to them last season wouldn't happen to him so imo might have to sit out the season like they unfortunately had too. If its good for the goose its good for the gander !!!

Never one to miss an opportunity to get a dig in 'Taylorj'. At least you are consistent if not very annoying.

Hope Workington have a good season with Josh at the helm and look forward to seeing him in action again at the OTA.

• Like 1

Taken from the Rebels website:

2014 PRESS & PRACTICE DAY DETAILS

Tuesday January 21, 2014

The Cases Somerset Rebels can confirm that they will be holding their season-opening Press & Practice Day on Friday 21st March.

In keeping with previous years, the day will be split into 2 portions, the first, which will take place in the afternoon, will see the riders introduced to members of the press, team sponsors, season ticket holders and specially invited guests, after which there will be the opportunity for those attending to meet with the riders and for members of the media to undertake any interviews.

The gates will then open to the general public at 5pm, with the riders taking to the track, weather permitting, at approximately 6pm, after which there will be an informal social in the Oaktree.

Entry to the evening session will be free of charge, but we would like those attending to donate a minimum of £1.00 towards our Charity Partners for 2014, the National Autistic Society.

The club have supported the NAS for a number of years now, and with their local centre at Somerset Court celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, it has been decided that the Rebels will continue their support of the National Autistic Society for the 2014 season.