British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

We can always go to Swindon!

Or do a 'dietbowers' and support the opposition!

I'm lucky enough to live just down the road from the OTA but like yourself I'm getting a bit disillusioned with the sport and that is following winning the title! Or could I just be suffering from SAD, Speedway Abstenance Disorder?

If I was promotor of Swindon I don't think I'd be keen to help Somerset out any time soon after they released Nick somehow.

I thought they might have been the other way round.... if Somerset have to change again I would have thought they would be bending over to suggest Nick to Somerset again to return to the original idea of Swindon and Somerset for him. Whether Nick on the other hand would go for it... well who knows but from a business pov surely it would be better for Swindon if it was return to Plan A?

• Like 2

If I was promotor of Swindon I don't think I'd be keen to help Somerset out any time soon after they released Nick somehow.

That would be incredibly short sighted of them if they took that attitude Crazy. It wasn't Somerset's fault. Circumstances have driven Nick to the decision he has made. (which in my opinion for what it's worth was hasty and wrong).

I share the concern of other Rebels fans regarding the make up of the 2014 side. It will be a long time before another team is assembled that is full to the brim of racers and entertainers like Somerset 2013. :cry:

I thought they might have been the other way round.... if Somerset have to change again I would have thought they would be bending over to suggest Nick to Somerset again to return to the original idea of Swindon and Somerset for him. Whether Nick on the other hand would go for it... well who knows but from a business pov surely it would be better for Swindon if it was return to Plan A?

Fair comments.

That would be incredibly short sighted of them if they took that attitude Crazy. It wasn't Somerset's fault. Circumstances have driven Nick to the decision he has made. (which in my opinion for what it's worth was hasty and wrong).

I share the concern of other Rebels fans regarding the make up of the 2014 side. It will be a long time before another team is assembled that is full to the brim of racers and entertainers like Somerset 2013. :cry:

You're right on the first bit & I enjoy a couple of visits to Somerset each season & in 2013 they were a superb team with Jason & Nick leading the way.

Dissapointed to see it seems both won't be back in 2014.

The most disapointting thing about the Doyle situation is the complete lack of updates and/or conformations one way or the other.

I've said it before in recent times, but it's amazing how we've gone from being such a professional outfit and league champions to being what seems like complete amateurs.

Edited by Najjer

So the fact that "job dodgers" and "scroungers" account for only a small percentage of benefits is irrelevant in comparison to billions of pounds being syphoned out of our struggling economy? The Daily Mail has a lot to answer for. Good luck to as you allow Cameron & Osborne to feather their own nests in the selfish tradition of capitalism.

Maybe you're employed by RBS And you're looking forward to a bonus that's double your salary - all at the expense of the tax paying public who own a major share of a failed bank!

Just a fraction of that bonus pot money would be a massive sponsorship boost to sports such as speedway.

Every now and then there is a right load of cr ap posted on this forum ---but that just about tops it!!

• Like 2

Every now and then there is a right load of cr ap posted on this forum ---but that just about tops it!!

Why is it 'crap' ? It is actually 100% accurate, which you can confirm if you do a little research..

Edited by blupanther
  • Like 1

I try to avoid paying tax.

I thought it's what ISA's are all about?

There is a big difference between using youre ISA allowance and rules which enable multi millionaires to pay less tax than someone on minimum wage.

The most disapointting thing about the Doyle situation is the complete lack of updates and/or conformations one way or the other.

I've said it before in recent times, but it's amazing how we've gone from being such a professional outfit and league champions to being what seems like complete amateurs.

Don`t quite agree Naj,it seems that certain understandings had been reached regarding Brady re his average which then went pear shaped at the eleventh hour, had the promotion been told categorically told he was a five I don`t think the Nick Morris situation would have arisen , so more a misunderstanding rather than bad management.As for Jason , its the government, if the management had known Jason would not get a permit they would not have offered him a place surely, once again hardly amateurish, more bad luck.By the way it could be worse as a lot of the Rebels fans were bemoaning that Alex had not been retained, but he too is having grief with the visa thing,imagine if he had been named in our septet aswell, gulp.

If Jason can't get a visa who would you rebels fans like to come in,p hougard for me(might be spelt wrong)

I still say Nick Morris, he would then be the No 1 so missed matches for Swindon fixtures would mean we would have a guest for him ( I think )rather than trying to cover with R/R.
  • Like 3

Don`t quite agree Naj,it seems that certain understandings had been reached regarding Brady re his average which then went pear shaped at the eleventh hour, had the promotion been told categorically told he was a five I don`t think the Nick Morris situation would have arisen , so more a misunderstanding rather than bad management.As for Jason , its the government, if the management had known Jason would not get a permit they would not have offered him a place surely, once again hardly amateurish, more bad luck.By the way it could be worse as a lot of the Rebels fans were bemoaning that Alex had not been retained, but he too is having grief with the visa thing,imagine if he had been named in our septet aswell, gulp.

Was more referring to the complete lack of communication coming out of the Rebels camp to either quash rumours or confirm, or at least give an update to the Doyle situation.

For what it's worth I think the correct decision has been made on Davies regardless of his visa issues and he should benefit having a season away from Somerset. However, a Somerset team without Jason Doyle almost seems unthinkable now.

Was more referring to the complete lack of communication coming out of the Rebels camp to either quash rumours or confirm, or at least give an update to the Doyle situation.

For what it's worth I think the correct decision has been made on Davies regardless of his visa issues and he should benefit having a season away from Somerset. However, a Somerset team without Jason Doyle almost seems unthinkable now.

Seven riders make a team not one, but still can't understand why Somerset released a rider of proven ability for a rider of unproven ability. as you stated in a previous post Somerset have gone from a very professional club to a second rate unprofessional outfit

From what I am reading elsewhere Nick Morris does not want to ride for Swindon and has put in a transfer request, he says a move will further his career and has been approached by Leicester. Gary May said the main reason for releasing Nick was the matches he would be missing as Swindon had first call on his services. I assume if Nick left Swindon then like Doyle at Leicester, Somerset would have first call. Unless Nick has suddenly made this decision why did he not tell Gary he wanted a move from Swindon, we could have kept Nick and changed Olly.

Would not be surprised if Nick ended up at Leicester with Doyle, in the Star it says Leicester are looking for a new team manager, now I wonder who that might be?

Edited by oldtimer