British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

First its 5 now you want 7. Next you'l be screaming he a bloody heatleader...

If he was a 7 he would be.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 5

If he was a 7 he would be.

Don't you think its about time you and the man with the little black book consentrated on your own clubs affairs... Hmm.

No, it was never a 5. It was always a 7.

Was it ?

I ask because to be a 7.00 you have to be category 2:

'Riders with an "end of the previous season’s published average" in the Polish Ekstraliga or Swedish Elitserien of 6.00 and below plus ALL other Riders riding currently in any Professional Speedway League' - the crucial words being 'riding currently'(it doesn't say 'has ridden').

Is he riding in the Danish (or any other professional)League in 2014 ? If not, I'd say he's a 5.00.

Whatever the case, I simply do not know how Somerset - or the BSPA - got it that he was a 3.00, because the qualifying condition is clear:

'Riders who have ridden in the National Development League as an Amateur '.

Why did they even need to ask ?

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Was it ?

I ask because to be a 7.00 you have to be category 2:

'Riders with an "end of the previous season’s published average" in the Polish Ekstraliga or Swedish Elitserien of 6.00 and below plus ALL other Riders riding currently in any Professional Speedway League' - the crucial words being 'riding currently'(it doesn't say 'has ridden').

Is he riding in the Danish (or any other professional)League in 2014 ? If not, I'd say he's a 5.00.

Whatever the case, I simply do not know how Somerset - or the BSPA - got it that he was a 3.00, because the qualifying condition is clear:

'Riders who have ridden in the National Development League as an Amateur '.

Why did they even need to ask ?

Thats the only way they get away with it as he is not "currently" riding in another "Professional Speedway League". I'd argue that until 2014 kicks off he is currently riding in the Danish league though.

If you take the 'currently riding' wording literally then unless any rider is mid heat they are not currently riding.

Another example of poor drafting of a rule or manipulation of a technical loophole for advantage. delete as suits!

Don't you think its about time you and the man with the little black book consentrated on your own clubs affairs... Hmm.

Nope. It's what forums do. :P Why don't you concentrate on Poole which i do believe is 'your own club'.

If you take the 'currently riding' wording literally then unless any rider is mid heat they are not currently riding.

Another example of poor drafting of a rule or manipulation of a technical loophole for advantage. delete as suits!

I think you are taking the wording to an illogical conclusion there.

To me, and during the season, its pretty clear. If a rider is riding in a professional league at the time he joins a PL club, its a 7.00. If not, its a 5.00 - even if he has ridden for several years in one of those leagues in the past.

The close season is a little more difficult. SCB's conclusion - that he is riding in the Danish League until the start of 2014 certainly isn't unreasonable but mine would be that a rider could not be treated as 'currently riding' in another league once the season had ended unless he was contracted to ride the following season.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Id say youre right that my example is rather illogical.

I made it very much to make the point that it is that type of logic that has previously been applied to suit in previous rulings and there in lies much of theproblem.

It is equally illogical for a rule written in order to assess an average dependant on experience to be able to be interpreted as an average reduction simply because a season ends. The same experience has been gained and isnt reduced because of a calender date.

Bad luck for Doyley in the Aussie champs finishing second to Holder.He does have some bad luck in finals, he lost the Prem champs a couple of seasons back when a crash at the back caused a rerun when he was comfortably in front, in the rerun his crash finished his season and probably cost Somerset the title.I see he picked up some grip whilst in front of Noddy and came off gifting the title to him after going through the card unbeaten.I really hope he gets his visa sorted both leagues will be poorer without him.

• Like 6

Meanwhile billions in tax avoidance and wastage being ignored to suit the super rich. Off topic I know, but the tiny percentage of benefits fraud and waste is miniscule in comparison to Cameron's & Osborne's cronies milking the UK with no concern for the impacts.

Why should they not avoid paying tax.?

I certainly would do the same......why would I want my cash wasted on job dodgers and scroungers?

• Like 1

Is it just me who is feeling a bit concerned at the moment?

Last year, three and arguably four top Aussies in Doyley, Nick, Josh and Alex.

Now it is potentially looking like none of the above (Doyley with visa problems, Nick released after an almighty mess-up, Josh & Alex moving on) with two newcomers, one without a proven record.

After all the problems last year with Sam and Mason's visas, I wouldn't hold out much hope for Doyley.

Worried, Very worried!

Edited by Willowman

Now it is potential looking like none of the above (Doyley with visa problems, Nick released after an almighty mess-up, Josh & Alex moving on) with two newcomers, one without a proven record.

After all the problems last year with Sam and Mason's visas, I wouldn't hold out much hope of Doyley.

Worried, Very worried!

Don't worry. They might try and get Tai in on a reduced average! ;):P

• Like 1

Now it is potential looking like none of the above (Doyley with visa problems, Nick released after an almighty mess-up, Josh & Alex moving on) with two newcomers, one without a proven record.

After all the problems last year with Sam and Mason's visas, I wouldn't hold out much hope of Doyley.

Worried, Very worried!

We can always go to Swindon!

• Like 1