British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

Interesting one this . If Doyle is forced out in 2014 , do the Rebels promotion go back cap in hand to Nick Morris and what would his reaction be ?

I'd like to think he'd stand proud and give the good old two fingered salute.
  • Like 4

Don`t understand this visa thing at all, Crumpie, Leigh Adams never had a problem,was it because they were Gp. It will be a massive blow for Jason personally not being able to ride over here after making great strides last term.Not sure about the "cap in hand" reference to Nick, I`m sure he would love to be riding for Somerset again, as I pointed out earlier it was the numbers game that mucked it up for him and the Rebels.I would think anyone who rides speedway accepts that this type of thing can happen. I hope it all pans out for Jason, Nick and Alex one way or another.

Happy new year everyone.

Given the initial mistake, I though everyone was agreeing it was Nick's other rides as a DU that selected him for the exit. If Nick did agree to come back, those probs would still be an issue.

• Like 3

Given the initial mistake, I though everyone was agreeing it was Nick's other rides as a DU that selected him for the exit. If Nick did agree to come back, those probs would still be an issue.

Sort of agree, but why sign him in the first place ?, if JD was unavailable I think the Rebs would have to bite the bullet and go for Nick,as I said earlier( again) a big favourite at the OTA.

Nick is popular because he is an out and out racer, never gives up, scores well home and away and has time for the fans too. He was box office at the OTA last year. Mind you, so was Alex Davies. Both will be a major loss in 2014.

Doyle is trying to get a temporary visa which is available to professional sports people for 1 year. Apparently it's all down to the BSPA, so little hope there then!

He could always apply for political asylum, when it's turned down lodge an appeal, this should mean he can stay until the end of the season before it's sorted out, he will probably also get a free house. In the Daily Mail today it says that millions of pounds from Britain's overseas aid budget is being diverted to fund housing and benefits for asylum seekers living in the UK.

• Like 1

You believe the Daily Mail?

Do you believe the Daily Express? Personally, id rather read the Beano...

• Like 1

Doyle is trying to get a temporary visa which is available to professional sports people for 1 year. Apparently it's all down to the BSPA, so little hope there then!

He could always apply for political asylum, when it's turned down lodge an appeal, this should mean he can stay until the end of the season before it's sorted out, he will probably also get a free house. In the Daily Mail today it says that millions of pounds from Britain's overseas aid budget is being diverted to fund housing and benefits for asylum seekers living in the UK.

What i don't understand is how Doyle can put himself in exactly the same position as what Campton and Masters found themselves in last year. Riders would have known the situation but in Doyle's (and possibly a few others) case let it happen to them. so looks bleak for him IMO

• Like 1

So has Kurtz been given a 7 point average yet?

First its 5 now you want 7. Next you'l be screaming he a bloody heatleader...

• Like 1