British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

OOOOOp's .......I bet Gary would like to be in a position to start again with the team building with all the riders he ONCE HAD available.......... I think the biggest mistake was letting Alex Davies go, he's probably the most popular rider on the terraces & due for that big improvement in '14. Question: of the riders released, who has actually signed on the dotted line for their new clubs or is that not a problem anyway (Plymouth).

Best wishes to all Riders for a safe 2014............

OOOOOp's .......I bet Gary would like to be in a position to start again with the team building with all the riders he ONCE HAD available.......... I think the biggest mistake was letting Alex Davies go, he's probably the most popular rider on the terraces & due for that big improvement in '14. Question: of the riders released, who has actually signed on the dotted line for their new clubs or is that not a problem anyway (Plymouth).

Best wishes to all Riders for a safe 2014............

Not really, i think it will do Alex the World of good to spend a season at another track... But, im still very suprised that Garry let Nick go. As i said, i would rather had dropped Olly, that lost Nick..

Edited by Starman2006

Re Alex, Gary said he is a Rebels asset and very much in our future plans but thinks a spell away from the OTA will improve his form on away tracks, good sense imo. As for Nick he knows he is a victim of the numbers game due to the Kurtz fiasco and bringing Pontus in gives us a more balenced look. It would not surprise me to see both of them in the mix for 2015.

And the availability of him by his parent EL club of course.

Begs the question why he was ever signed in the first place then, doesn't it?

Especially given the reason this is why we had previously dropped riders including Sam Masters.

Edited by Najjer

sorry to ask this on a 2014 thread but could I ask why was stef Nielsen dropped last year he seemed to be doing very well thanks for your time.

Away form really

• Like 1

Begs the question why he was ever signed in the first place then, doesn't it?

Especially given the reason this is why we had previously dropped riders including Sam Masters.

Good point. If my memory serves me correctly, someone else on another thread detailed riders who would be effected in such a way and surprisinlgy enough there weren't that many. If someone would like to do a trawl, that would be interesting. I don't know of who is an assett of who to do it myself.

Just as well Doyley has signed for Leicester!

Heeps came in at Ipswich on a 3 because Ipswich "played the game" - there's absolutely no case of being allowed to, it's there to be played, and Somerset failed.

I think you are right - it is there to be played but it most certainly should not be.

What's the point of having specific written down rules if they can just be ignored ?

I think Heeps came in on a 3.00 because it suited three clubs - Rye House, Ipswich and Mildenhall - for him to do so.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

I think Heeps came in on a 3.00 because it suited three clubs - Rye House, Ipswich and Mildenhall - for him to do so.

Heeps come in on a 3 because he never raced in a National championship or a pro-league. Plus he has British ancestry.

Heeps come in on a 3 because he never raced in a National championship or a pro-league. Plus he has British ancestry.

Its a shame that Heeps and Morris were not given any encouragement to continue as GB riders.
  • Like 3

But he was under 17 years of age----the reason Brady Kurtz was stopped from coming in on a 3 for the 2013 season--as stated on Border Agency website..you cant claim patrality until 17 years old

Riders come in on a 3.00 only if they have ridden in the NL. Commonwealth riders come in on a 5.00.

To ride in the NL then (and now) you have to have a British passport or patriality. Heeps had (and has) neither.

• Like 1

Do you know, i wonder if there could be a Truce called and kiss and make up between Sam Masters and the Somerset club at some point?

But he was under 17 years of age----the reason Brady Kurtz was stopped from coming in on a 3 for the 2013 season--as stated on Border Agency website..you cant claim patrality until 17 years old

Did the criteria get re-written? Was it different in 2011?

HalifaxTiger - Cam has Brit grandparents.

Did the criteria get re-written? Was it different in 2011?

HalifaxTiger - Cam has Brit grandparents.

The criteria for qualification to ride in the NL is the same as it was in 2011:

17.9.3 All Riders must hold a UK Passport or have UK Patriality.

You can only claim British citizenship from parents, not grandparents.

You can only get patriality (ancestry) if you are aged at least 17 - this is what Debbie Hancock had to say about Brady Kurtz last season:

"We were hopeful of signing Brady and he was extremely keen to join the Rebels for the 2013 season, as were his parents Steve and Sue," said Rebels promoter Debbie Hancock.

"But despite representations from everyone, including his parents, Brady cannot be granted patriality until his 17th birthday, which isn’t until late September, which effectively ruled him out for next season.

Heeps was 15 when he rode for Mildenhall (and hence could not satisfy the criteria to ride in the NL) and 16 when he rode for Ipswich (and therefore should have come in on a 5.00 average).

• Like 1

The criteria for qualification to ride in the NL is the same as it was in 2011:

17.9.3 All Riders must hold a UK Passport or have UK Patriality.

You can only claim British citizenship from parents, not grandparents.

You can only get patriality (ancestry) if you are aged at least 17 - this is what Debbie Hancock had to say about Brady Kurtz last season:

"We were hopeful of signing Brady and he was extremely keen to join the Rebels for the 2013 season, as were his parents Steve and Sue," said Rebels promoter Debbie Hancock.

"But despite representations from everyone, including his parents, Brady cannot be granted patriality until his 17th birthday, which isnt until late September, which effectively ruled him out for next season.

Heeps was 15 when he rode for Mildenhall (and hence could not satisfy the criteria to ride in the NL) and 16 when he rode for Ipswich (and therefore should have come in on a 5.00 average).

Thanks for that HT.

So the 'mistake' was to allow him to ride NL.

Rightly or wrongly once he had ridden NL presumably Cam came in on a 3 legitimately under that category?