British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

Div 1 and 2 In Denmark are no more than glorified Amateur leagues-certainly not Professional leagues.

Really ?

Tell that to Kenneth Hansen, Jesper B Monberg, Rasmus Jensen, Peter kildemand, Nikolaj Busk Jacobsen, Ander Thomsen,and Mikkel Michelsen who all rode in Division 1 matches in 2013.

Bloody good amateurs eh :P

• Like 3

I miss-read his post, and corrected it when i read it again... Happy. He should still only come in on no more than a 5, as he's never ridden here and un-proven.

in that case neither was Jensen, bech, Rosen etc etc

This bending of the rules seems ingrained in you starry.... Win fairly or not at all, ALL clubs and riders MUST be treat the same.... Regardless of what your choice of club is.

• Like 2

Rules are if you ride in a pro-league you come in on a 7. Did Kurtz ride in the Danish League? Yes or no?

As for unproven, in his Danish League meetings he beat Kenneth Bjerre and Kenneth Hansen. So maybe a 6 point EL average would be fairer?

Really ?

Tell that to Kenneth Hansen, Jesper B Monberg, Rasmus Jensen, Peter kildemand, Nikolaj Busk Jacobsen, Ander Thomsen,and Mikkel Michelsen who all rode in Division 1 matches in 2013.

Bloody good amateurs eh :P

And tell us all, what did all those riders come in on when they first, came to this country??

And tell us all, what did all those riders come in on when they first, came to this country??

Why not find out for yourself, or are you mentally incapable or just plain lazy ?

Tell you what, go and check the PL Greensheets on the BSPA website and you'll discover that Rasmus Jensen still has an assessed average of 7.00.

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 3

Do you need it explained a few more times until you get the message? The rules are the rules, he rode in Denmark, he is a 7, end of debate. I really hope the BSPA reject Somersets team and they are left in limbo.

• Like 1

Like to see this correspondence that Somerset and Kurtz senior state confirms Kurtz was allowed to ride in the Danish Elite League during 2013 and then ride in the PL in 2014 on a 3.

I'd be very surprised if it exists. It will be the old 'we spoke to some guy on the phone who said yeah that's fine'.

If it was verbal only, then that shows total naivety and suggests maybe Kurtz needs to change his advisers.

Like to see this correspondence that Somerset and Kurtz senior state confirms Kurtz was allowed to ride in the Danish Elite League during 2013 and then ride in the PL in 2014 on a 3.

I'd be very surprised if it exists. It will be the old 'we spoke to some guy on the phone who said yeah that's fine'.

If it was verbal only, then that shows total naivety and suggests maybe Kurtz needs to change his advisers.

I dont see why there seems to have been this 'regular clarification' of the situation when the rule is so clear.

There are paragraphs in the rule book that are open to interpretation due to poor wording but the section in this regard is crystal clear.

• Like 1

Rules are if you ride in a pro-league you come in on a 7. Did Kurtz ride in the Danish League? Yes or no?

As for unproven, in his Danish League meetings he beat Kenneth Bjerre and Kenneth Hansen. So maybe a 6 point EL average would be fairer?

I have read most of the thoughts on this episode and my first thought was this has nothing to do with Denmark and more to do with someone stopping Somerset from getting young Brady on a false starting average.

I wouldn't mind betting if he was starting for Edinburgh or Newcastle he would be on a 3.00.

• Like 3

I have read most of the thoughts on this episode and my first thought was this has nothing to do with Denmark and more to do with someone stopping Somerset from getting young Brady on a false starting average.

I wouldn't mind betting if he was starting for Edinburgh or Newcastle he would be on a 3.00.

Super post mate, nice one... :t:

Your right he was on a false starting average that is why it has been put up but it's still wrong!

Now your second point is just laughable really. The classsic conspiricy theory :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 2

so you agree he is on a false starting average.

so you agree he is on a false starting average.

But is he on a false starting average? He un-proven over here..

But is he on a false starting average? He un-proven over here..

The Laguta brothers are unproven over here as are dozens of Poles Danes and Swedes - should they all be on a 3?

No - thats why criteria for other categories are set such as experience riding in other professional leagues each with a different assessed average.

Its one of the clearer sections of the rule book.

For some those set levels will appear too high and for others too low but it is the most appropriate course of action.

There should however be no judgement as to whether the average is 'false' for an individual only that the correct category has been applied.

As yet this has not happened with Brady Kurtz.

• Like 3