British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

But it is still not right - he should be a 7.

Could still see this one rumble on before its all settled IMO.

Well if he should be a 7 and he starts the season not on a 7 then the other teams should ride under protest against an illegal team.

Exactly. If he SHOULD be a 7.00, why should the other promoters just shrug their shoulders and accept it?

If they do that, then I'm afraid they'll get what they deserve.

IF, he should be a 7 that is.

Another word Nick could use is "SHAFTED"

Personally, and im saying this as a fan, i think Garry should have dropped Olly and kept Nick. But thats just my opinion. But Garry has done this before last season and it paid off. And for those who think Brady should be a 7 you are all having a larf, what do you want, blood...

Still a disgrace Kurtz will be a 5 when he should be a 7 after having ridden in the Danish League. Usual shambles from the authorities.

So what, Brady is still un-proven in this country, so therefore should be a 5 at the very most. Vaculick is a GP rider so therefore would sign for any EL club as an 8.

Edited by Starman2006

Personally, and im saying this as a fan, i think Garry should have dropped Olly and kept Nick. But thats just my opinion. But Garry has done this before last season and it paid off. And for those who think Brady should be a 7 you are all having a larf, what do you want, blood...

Not blood, of course not that would be silly.

Just his TRUE and rightful average would suffice.

• Like 3

Not blood, of course not that would be silly.

Just his TRUE and rightful average would suffice.

Yeh a 5 is ample given he only rode in Denmark twice. Had he rode a Dozen meetings it might had been a different matter.. As like with poole, some fans are getting very Jealous of the Success Somerset are starting to get... Well, tough...

Edited by Starman2006

Yeh a 5 is ample given he only rode in Denmark twice. Had he rode a Dozen meetings it might had been a different matter.. As like with poole, some fans are getting very Jealous of the Success Somerset are starting to get... Well, tough...

Absolute nonsense. As with poole, if success is earned by fair means then nobody would have any complaints.

I didn't see any signs of jealousy of Somerset's title victory this/last season did you?

All I've seen is deserved praise from all corners on here on a deserved Somerset title triumph last season.

• Like 2

"

So the new proposed line up for Somerset for 2014 is:

Jason Doyle 9.79

Oliver Allan 8.09

Pontus Aspgren 6.74

Brady Kurtz 5.00

Todd Kurtz 4.85

Charles Wright 4.30

Paul Starke 3.52

Total Average 42.29

Points Remaining 0.21

Lot of pressure on Oliver Allen to back up Doyley now. I would have preferred Klindt to Aspgren tbh but we will see. From the looks of things not the powerhouse appearance of last years team but packed with potential. I think Workington for me are pre season favs with Ippo looking handy,so maybe the trophies might be spread out a bit in 2014. Very disappointed to be losing Nick, I`m sure he will be gutted not to be turning out for us again,as will the OTA faithful who have really taken to him.

"Despite the Kurtz family receiving confirmation from the BSPA Office in Rugby that Brady’s wish to ride in Denmark during 2013 would not affect his proposed 2014 3.00 starting average with Somerset, the fact he then attained a riding average with the Danish authorities meant that Brady would no longer be eligible for that 3.00 average, and instead a 5.00 figure would be applied, something, it would appear, that the BSPA Office failed to make the Kurtz family or the Somerset promotion aware of."

The above is from the Somerset site which I think shows that no skullduggery was intended by the Rebels

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 1

Absolute nonsense. As with poole, if success is earned by fair means then nobody would have any complaints.

I didn't see any signs of jealousy of Somerset's title victory this/last season did you?

All I've seen is deserved praise from all corners on here on a deserved Somerset title triumph last season.

Yep, and like Poole it was fully deserved. But i think there are certain fans in certain quarters who are starting to get the wind up their tails..

Lot of pressure on Oliver Allen to back up Doyley now. I would have preferred Klindt to Aspgren tbh but we will see. From the looks of things not the powerhouse appearance of last years team but packed with potential. I think Workington for me are pre season favs with Ippo looking handy,so maybe the trophies might be spread out a bit in 2014. Very disappointed to be losing Nick, I`m sure he will be gutted not to be turning out for us again,as will the OTA faithful who have really taken to him.

Spot on. All to race for now. Some very bold moves from Gary which could be a make or break season. Well when I say make or break, either in or well out of the playoffs. Quite a bit of pressure on riders throughout the team I would say. Only time will tell. Wishing the weeks away until the start of the season.

Absolute nonsense. As with poole, if success is earned by fair means then nobody would have any complaints.I didn't see any signs of jealousy of Somerset's title victory this/last season did you?All I've seen is deserved praise from all corners on here on a deserved Somerset title triumph last season.

Well except from an individual Workington supporter. Nothing wrong with a bit of rivalry but most supporters appreciate what it takes to win the league/playoffs so are not jealous at all.

Behave yourself

You have won a league title why would anyone be jealous and he rode a whole season in denmark not just one or two meetings

Edited by Mr Blobby

Yep, and like Poole it was fully deserved. But i think there are certain fans in certain quarters who are starting to get the wind up their tails..

Isn't doubling-up/down going a bit far when it extends to Poole loaning-out their village idiot?

• Like 4